Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2002 4:13:00 AM EDT
Come on guys, log in!!!! You must have something to say?

[red]Adding to the message[:P] -DF[/red]
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 4:19:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't be shy, we don't bite, just shoot.
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 4:26:27 AM EDT
[#2]
yep, 7:17 am CST, 837 lurkers...

I guess we are pretty interesting! Of course, I suppose thats why I'm here too!
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 4:44:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I couldn't get in without logging on. This has started happening to me only this week. I wonder if the murders around DC have arroused peoples interest in AR type rifles? Maybe antis are doing research for their cause here, or could it be people interested in the Sport Utility Rifle for their own collection?
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 4:50:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Come on, get off your mice and get on your key boards!
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 5:08:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Cowards!!!!
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 5:13:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I hope that all lurkers read this post and realize this is a normal discussion board; where ALL opinions are allowed.

We might ask you to explain your point of view, but we will not kick you out of here for it...

Welcome!
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 5:18:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes please join!

You don't have to worry about a childish "Alert" button when you speak your mind freely.
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 5:41:42 AM EDT
[#8]
This is not DU, we will here you out, but be prepared to give the facts! Or are you truly that passive?
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 5:50:05 AM EDT
[#9]
I bet some of these folks are the antis(Brady, HCI/VPC etc)spying on us, and the FBI, CIA, BATF, Secret Service etc looking for additional clues etc related to the Beltway snipers. Don't worry most of us believe in the 1st Admendment.
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 6:14:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I bet some of these folks are the antis(Brady, HCI/VPC etc)spying on us, and the FBI, CIA, BATF, Secret Service etc looking for additional clues etc related to the Beltway snipers. Don't worry most of us believe in the 1st Admendment.
View Quote

Unfortunately those who observe us here do not, since at some point they will likely use our words against us.......
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 6:14:18 AM EDT
[#11]
You can look like a fool too. Just ask anyone about me![:D]
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 6:21:24 AM EDT
[#12]
During my recent futile attempts to educate people on DU on several occasions I suggested that people look at discussion threads or information on AR15.com or on other pro-RKBA sites like the NRA, SAF, JPFO, etc.

Many DUers loudly refused to even look at a pro-RKBA site.  They'd rather hear just one side of the issues.  I don't understand their reluctance to even look at other points of view.

I'm confident that nobody would ever be banned from AR15.com simply for promoting gun control.
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 6:30:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I couldn't get in without logging on. This has started happening to me only this week. I wonder if the murders around DC have arroused peoples interest in AR type rifles? Maybe antis are doing research for their cause here, or could it be people interested in the Sport Utility Rifle for their own collection?
View Quote

I am having teh exact same problems....

"Sport Utility Rifle for their own collection"...LOL

Link Posted: 11/2/2002 6:54:03 AM EDT
[#14]
BTT
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 3:13:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Been lurking for about two months since we got a computer. I went and bought a book by an author I shall not name but I found more info at AR15.com than in the book. The info on ammo  is incredible..no more wolf and S&B for the rifle. Oh yeah as everybody new says you guys are increadibly funny. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 3:16:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Been lurking for about two months since we got a computer. I went and bought a book by an author I shall not name but I found more info at AR15.com than in the book. The info on ammo  is incredible..no more wolf and S&B for the rifle. Oh yeah as everybody new says you guys are increadibly funny. Thanks.
View Quote

Welcome and thanks for joining!
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 3:20:31 PM EDT
[#17]
... For years I've lurked at work. I do not log in there too often. Can't even surf anymore, always get the "maximum usage" page now. Even earlier today (Saturday)
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 4:03:15 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm here  [:I] [:I] [:I]
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 4:13:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Yes, I can't imagine how many of these lurkers (probably near 30-40%) are people who browse the messageboards just as regularly as fully-active posters do, but rarely log in. Most are probably members with only a handful of posts (like me.)

I registered for the first time, I think it was kinda early this year, and asked some half-wit question about 10/22s and body armor to "break the ice," got branded a troll. In retrospect, probably deserved it.

It's much easier to get a ton of information out of this site without participating. On the other hand, ou start to feel kind of like "part of the family," and most everybody gets around to posting once or twice sooner or later.

Seriously, if everyone who lurks here regularly registered and got a membership, the bandwidth problems that were temporarily solved with the "guest/lurker cap" would probably come right back, maybe two- or three-fold.
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 4:39:58 PM EDT
[#20]
I've been lurking here since the original board ( or whatever you want to call it ).

The most important thing I've learned here is to always have a firearm at the dinner table.

I finally became a paying member because, well, I spend most of my day here ( and at Bladeforums). I still don't post very often, but I'll fix that.
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 5:40:23 PM EDT
[#21]
I just woke up...give me a chance.  Just killed that first cup of coffee. 3 more hours til work - yippie

I never post without a gun at the desk [:D]
(Wilson SGP).

[img]http://photo.msn.s8.com/MS8zLzEwMzYzODQxOTcvMS80MDE4LzE1NS8zMi8xamNOSUg4azZfb2c5OWlmTXpzNGxn/928d422323fc854ce8db291d68081bb9/clbk=HcZNnT9kkUjJN*dS!owuvxZXeZ5fGMec9xg7HT396LZbEZ6CooKRIzFm1gEZEMVKSra!B4Zz!C8$/jpg.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 11:22:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Before this past week a lot of times I would jump on and not log in until I actually decided to post something.
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 12:30:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Before this past week a lot of times I would jump on and not log in until I actually decided to post something.
View Quote

Ditto.
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 12:31:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Benn lurkin', thought I'd share the light with you boys now.  

Nah, really, been diggin' the board for quite some time.  I'm really glad that there are people who think like I do out there.  Should have started posting sooner.
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 12:55:09 AM EDT
[#25]
849 Guests now 56 user, WTF how can All those people just be reading, is this for real?
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 1:49:45 AM EDT
[#26]
I check the site almost a dozen times a day. I usually don't log in, unless I want to post. That's not lurking, it's just a long-time member keeping abreast of things.
Of course, all that's changed with the 1000 max-out. Now I'm having to log in as early as 8 in the morning and as late as after midnight.
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 3:25:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Note to member lurkers who "only log in to post"....set your profile to automatically log in when you come here.  Whenever you surf in, you don't waste any time, just post if you want, and you'll stay out of the limited bandwidth category.
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 6:07:24 AM EDT
[#28]
I'll have to admit that I've been lurking for a good while now. A lot of good and enlightening information here. Also a lot of like minded people here too.  One of the best sites on the web
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 7:32:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'm here  [:I] [:I] [:I]
View Quote

Welcome and enjoy.

PS. Please post too.
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 7:34:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Yes, I can't imagine how many of these lurkers (probably near 30-40%) are people who browse the messageboards just as regularly as fully-active posters do, but rarely log in. Most are probably members with only a handful of posts (like me.)

I registered for the first time, I think it was kinda early this year, and asked some half-wit question about 10/22s and body armor to "break the ice," got branded a troll. In retrospect, probably deserved it.

It's much easier to get a ton of information out of this site without participating. On the other hand, ou start to feel kind of like "part of the family," and most everybody gets around to posting once or twice sooner or later.

Seriously, if everyone who lurks here regularly registered and got a membership, the bandwidth problems that were temporarily solved with the "guest/lurker cap" would probably come right back, maybe two- or three-fold.
View Quote

Welcome, enjoy, and thanks for joining!
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 7:37:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I just woke up...give me a chance.  Just killed that first cup of coffee. 3 more hours til work - yippie

I never post without a gun at the desk [:D]
(Wilson SGP).

[url]http://photo.msn.s8.com/MS8zLzEwMzYzODQxOTcvMS80MDE4LzE1NS8zMi8xamNOSUg4azZfb2c5OWlmTXpzNGxn/928d422323fc854ce8db291d68081bb9/clbk=HcZNnT9kkUjJN*dS!owuvxZXeZ5fGMec9xg7HT396LZbEZ6CooKRIzFm1gEZEMVKSra!B4Zz!C8$/jpg.jpg[/url]
View Quote

A lesson to be learned for everyone!
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 7:39:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Benn lurkin', thought I'd share the light with you boys now.  

Nah, really, been diggin' the board for quite some time.  I'm really glad that there are people who think like I do out there.  Should have started posting sooner.
View Quote

See, no pain.[:D]  Welcome and enjoy!
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 7:41:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'll have to admit that I've been lurking for a good while now. A lot of good and enlightening information here. Also a lot of like minded people here too.  One of the best sites on the web
View Quote

Welcome and enjoy! I like your handle![:D]
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 7:43:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I've been lurking here since the original board ( or whatever you want to call it ).

The most important thing I've learned here is to always have a firearm at the dinner table.

I finally became a paying member because, well, I spend most of my day here ( and at Bladeforums). I still don't post very often, but I'll fix that.
View Quote

I think am about to be layed-off, but I may become a paying member too.
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 7:44:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Thanks Doublefeed![:D]
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 7:59:46 AM EDT
[#36]
739 at 09:50 mst. Come on guys and gals, if you join you will get to bump a lurker![:D]
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 8:19:58 AM EDT
[#37]
I have been trying to get in for the [b]past two days[/b] with no luck. I have even tried to log in but, I still can't get in.
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 8:29:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I have been trying to get in for the [b]past two days[/b] with no luck. I have even tried to log in but, I still can't get in.
View Quote

So did you post this thru a phatom server?
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 8:36:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

No, I just finally got in today!  LMAO!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 9:05:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

No, I just finally got in today!  LMAO!!!!!!!
View Quote

Glad you made it! How ever you did it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 9:12:30 AM EDT
[#41]
OK, OK.....I'm in!
 Been lurking for quite some time, picking up some great information. I'm fairly new to these rifles, but hopefully that will change rather quickly.

Please be gentle!
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 11:22:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
OK, OK.....I'm in!
 Been lurking for quite some time, picking up some great information. I'm fairly new to these rifles, but hopefully that will change rather quickly.

Please be gentle!
View Quote

Glad to have ya! As far as being gentle, HE HE HE[:D]
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 12:33:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Still 722.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top