Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 2:00:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

An excellent question. Not to mention what will happen to all of the Forms currently pending using trusts...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So will this effect NFA items already procured via trust or all new NFA items procured after a certain date?

-Anyone care to speculate?

An excellent question. Not to mention what will happen to all of the Forms currently pending using trusts...

2 for me currently.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 2:01:27 PM EDT
[#2]
This would create an epic clusterfuck while adding absolutely no safeguards.  Thus, they will probably do it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 2:02:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
That's even better.  He doesn't need to sign anything and can't do anything to stop it.  Send him a pic with a big shit eatin grin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FUCK my local sheriff is a dick
That's even better.  He doesn't need to sign anything and can't do anything to stop it.  Send him a pic with a big shit eatin grin.

Very good idea I'm going to do that  
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 2:04:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Shit. I've got three corporate forms in the pipe right now.

I fail to see how this will be enforceable from a corp standpoint. Didn't the supreme court rule that "corporations are people" a long time ago? Wouldn't an executive order more or less claim counter to that, that corporations AREN'T people and that actual people need to submit their info?

I can't speak for Obama, the ATF or the Supreme Court but my COMPANY owns my NFA items, not me. While it is true that I am the sole member of my company it is still the CORP that holds the weapons. This is actually a fairly important legal delineation for some people.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 2:05:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did a trust because it's none of the local cops' business what I own.   Gun-related or otherwise.

There is no potential benefit to them knowing what you have.   But plenty of potential downside.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 2:05:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

My guess is that if the rule changed now, they'd kick your form back for not having all of the required papers when they finally got to it in 6 or 8 months.

Forward, to Progress.   Glorious 5 year plan forms for great gun-owning freedom.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So will this effect NFA items already procured via trust or all new NFA items procured after a certain date?

-Anyone care to speculate?

My guess is that if the rule changed now, they'd kick your form back for not having all of the required papers when they finally got to it in 6 or 8 months.

Forward, to Progress.   Glorious 5 year plan forms for great gun-owning freedom.

I imagine you're correct about this
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 2:05:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Is there actual legislation on this horseshit? Or is he just going to will this "loophole" away? We need to contact lawmakers and tell them NO.

I know this is preaching to the choir, but what criminal is going to make a trust, pay 15000 for a MG, then wait 8 months for the stamp. Yeah, it's for the children, pick up that can.
View Quote

Don't forget the nics check when the transfer is finally approved.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 2:07:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It doesn't require you to obtain approval from the Chief of Police, just lets him know. So lets say he decides to drop by one day with the local SRT team to make sure everything is in order.
View Quote

He better have a warrant or your collection will grow exponentially?
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 2:09:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm more pissed off at the fact that we even have a damn NFA in the first place.

In before the tarts that think the NFA is awesome and keeps us safe.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 2:13:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It doesn't require you to obtain approval from the Chief of Police, just lets him know. So lets say he decides to drop by one day with the local SRT team to make sure everything is in order.

lol
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 2:13:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I did a trust because it's none of the local cops' business what I own.   Gun-related or otherwise.

There is no potential benefit to them knowing what you have.   But plenty of potential downside.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with you 100% on that
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 2:17:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Sounds fine and dandy till the Chief of Police decides he doesn't want to sign of on it, then what ? Sounds like an excuse to prevent anymore forms submitted to be approved.
View Quote

BINGO
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 2:17:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I am not sure about everyone else but every class 3/NFA item I have had a form 4473 filled out on it when picked up. I provide photo ID- DL and CHL when I do this. So how is that machine guns and sawed off shotguns are bought without picture ID, fingerprints, or background checks?
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 2:17:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is there actual legislation on this horseshit? Or is he just going to will this "loophole" away? We need to contact lawmakers and tell them NO.

I know this is preaching to the choir, but what criminal is going to make a trust, pay 15000 for a MG, then wait 8 months for the stamp. Yeah, it's for the children, pick up that can.

There is no NICS on NFA items. They are exempt but you still have to fill out the 4473.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 2:21:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I am not sure about everyone else but every class 3/NFA item I have had a form 4473 filled out on it when picked up. I provide photo ID- DL and CHL when I do this. So how is that machine guns and sawed off shotguns are bought without picture ID, fingerprints, or background checks?
View Quote

They don't call in the 4473, so no "background check" is performed at the point of sale. That's the only difference over any other Title 1 gun. The only "loophole" that exists is that a prohibited person could in theory be added to a trust/llc and acquire NFA items that way, which I'm pretty sure is still illegal. This change is nothing but bullshit designed to make the process take longer than it already does.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 2:23:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Whole nfa needs to be challenged
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 2:25:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I haven't read anything on it recently, but part of the whole rule review thing was supposed to be the elimination of the CLEO signoff. Don't know if that's a part of what's being referenced in the article.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds fine and dandy till the Chief of Police decides he doesn't want to sign of on it, then what ? Sounds like an excuse to prevent anymore forms submitted to be approved.

I haven't read anything on it recently, but part of the whole rule review thing was supposed to be the elimination of the CLEO signoff. Don't know if that's a part of what's being referenced in the article.

Somehow I predict that eliminating CLEO sign off will be seen as another "loophole," and those of us with anti-gun CLEOs are getting screwed.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 2:27:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Haha.  Like the Feds need legislation to do whatever they want.
No, this just a "change to the regulations."
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 2:29:08 PM EDT
[#19]
If it's not banned, it will be mandatory. Discretion is freedom and will not be tolerated.

- Your government overlords.

Fuck. Them. All.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 2:30:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Has it been asked already?

In my location, the local statist fuckhead CLEO will refuse to sign off on forms. What happens then?

ETA: nevermind, answered above. I still don't want any local LEOs knowing I have it. I'm in serious enemy territory.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 2:31:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

No 4473 is filled out for Form 1's.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 2:32:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's the same process with a C&R license. You simply have to notify the CLEO that you are a C&R license holder and send him a copy of your application. Here's a copy of what I send my CLEO each time my C&R renews:

To:
Hays County Sheriff’s Office
Attention: Sheriff Tommy Ratliff
RE: Curio and Relic firearms license renewal

October 17, 2011

Dear Sheriff Ratliff,

As required by the BATF, I am submitting to you (CLEO) a copy of my completed renewal form for my Curio and Relic firearms license. NO ACTION ON YOUR PART IS REQUIRED. The BATF simply requires that I mail you a copy of the completed application, which I assume is to make you aware that a resident of your county is in possession of a Curio and Relic firearms license.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

57Strat

Link Posted: 8/22/2013 2:32:13 PM EDT
[#23]
It's funny how they couldn't do away with the "Black Rifles", couldn't agree on banning the 30 round mags, tried to do away with STAND YOUR GROUND, completely forgot about Fast & Furious and even BENGHAZI. So now lets attack a freedom that has little significance on anything that has led to any crimes. Just wait till this hits the LEFTIST MEDIA.

Link Posted: 8/22/2013 2:35:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Just another link in your chains.
Why do you guys think the govt will make laws to help you instead of controlling you.
As one traitor said, there is no controlling legal authority.
Only what your plantation masters decide you are allowed to do.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 2:36:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Tag to see how this will affect my corporations assets.        

Link Posted: 8/22/2013 2:50:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It's funny how they couldn't do away with the "Black Rifles", couldn't agree on banning the 30 round mags, tried to do away with STAND YOUR GROUND, completely forgot about Fast & Furious and even BENGHAZI. So now lets attack a freedom that has little significance on anything that has led to any crimes. Just wait till this hits the LEFTIST MEDIA.  
View Quote

The ATF whined to Holder that they where getting buried by all the NFA paperwork.........so now they get just send it all back.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 2:50:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Has it been asked already?

In my location, the local statist fuckhead CLEO will refuse to sign off on forms. What happens then?

ETA: nevermind, answered above. I still don't want any local LEOs knowing I have it. I'm in serious enemy territory.
View Quote

I know. Not only am I in enemy territory, but I work for said territory, and have a not entirely irrational fear that some restrictive internal policy could result from the brass knowing what folks own.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 2:58:27 PM EDT
[#28]
I like how I have to pay an extra $200 and be finger printed for a muffler.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 3:00:36 PM EDT
[#29]
It seems worth the effort.  These items are used in so many senseless crimes.

I wonder how they plan on handling retro items?
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 3:04:04 PM EDT
[#30]
I think I'll submit an SBR application immediately.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 3:05:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

And Eric Holder.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FBHO

And Eric Holder.....

Link Posted: 8/22/2013 3:54:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Those Expensive NFA items, always being used in the vast majority of shootings...
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 3:59:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Those Expensive NFA items, always being used in the vast majority of shootings...
View Quote

But, but, but it's a LOOPHOLE!
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 4:04:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Lol they are just now getting to that?
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 4:06:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Like I said......this is because NFA branch is swamped with SBR/SBS and suppressor paperwork. So if half of that is trust related ......they could just kick all back. Figure that most people who went the trust route couldn't or wouldn't go the normal route ...and will maybe just give up.....It win/win for the ATF.

And of course ...Obama/Holder get brownie points from the anti gunner for stick it to us
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 4:07:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Fuck everyone that backs this bullshit
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 4:11:39 PM EDT
[#37]
BHO's head
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 4:15:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
It seems worth the effort.  These items are used in so many senseless crimes.

I wonder how they plan on handling retro items?
View Quote

Yes, we all know about the tremendous crime committed with NFA trust weapons.  Glad to see Obama on top of this problem.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 4:17:57 PM EDT
[#39]
I wondered when the powers-that-be would catch on to this.

Fuckers.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 4:20:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep. Dick.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 4:25:07 PM EDT
[#41]
That's fine. I lost all my fingers in a machinery accident.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 4:34:09 PM EDT
[#42]
This really pisses me off, I'm currently talking to lawyer about getting a trust made.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 4:34:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Wow this should have a huge impact on crime.

Since 1934 there has been ONE murder committed with a registered MG. That case involved a police officer that was convicted of
murdering his wife.

How many murders have been committed by people with NFA firearms using trusts? ZERO.

Yup, Americans should rest easy now that NFA trusts are under control......
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 4:36:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Horay!

ETA: I was just discussing getting a trust and transfering my 2 current NFA toys to it so I don't need to worry about them be accessible to members of my household who would be trustees.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 4:37:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Old news. This has been in the works for awhile. You will have to submit prints with the trust and the CLEO signoff will go away for the individual route.
View Quote

This

Nothing new here, all this is old news to anyone into NFA.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 4:41:49 PM EDT
[#46]
So what happens to your form1's sign by the Sherriff when you die?
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 4:42:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Why do libs refer to everything they don't like as a "loophole"?
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 4:45:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Why do libs refer to everything they don't like as a "loophole"?
View Quote

Because that's exactly the way they view freedom.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 4:47:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

This

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Old news. This has been in the works for awhile. You will have to submit prints with the trust and the CLEO signoff will go away for the individual route.

This

And if your fingerprints are dicked up.....SOL
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 4:47:15 PM EDT
[#50]
They can take the loophole and stuff it in their poophole.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top