Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2002 4:31:00 PM EDT
The GF and I are headed to Crystal River FL over Turkey day weekend. Anyone live local to that area? We'd like to make some new friends and meet some like minded folks while we are in town. I'll buy first round ;)
We plan to do some snorkel/diving in the river and take in some local sights/sounds. We are considering camping at Lake Rousseau RV park, any suggestions for other camp sights? Anyone got a backyard they will lend us?
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 5:32:19 AM EDT
[#1]
B-u-m-p

Someone here must live in that area! C'mon, can ya help a guy out?
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 6:25:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't live near there, but its a very nice area, still very old Florida.  Please, when you leave, don't tell anyone about it.  Tell everyone you meet what a shithole Florida is and how its full of nothing but rednecks and illegal immigrants and old people.  We are all full up, and the only way we're going to keep more northerners (everyone in America is a northerner to Floridians...except maybe Georgians) from moving in is to keep people from finding out about the few nice places left in the state.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 7:20:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Slacker,
A group of us from Florida shooters network are going to be canoing the Peace River that weekend. If you plans for the crystal river are not set in stone, you are more than welcome to join us.

echo6
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 7:53:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh, boogers.  If you were here in FL on the 9th of November, you could come to Gainesville for the Heritage Day machine gun shoot!
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 8:07:54 AM EDT
[#5]
The Hernando Sportsman's Club is just down the road on US 19 in case you need to get in a little target practice.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 12:55:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't live near there, but its a very nice area, still very old Florida.  Please, when you leave, don't tell anyone about it.  Tell everyone you meet what a shithole Florida is and how its full of nothing but rednecks and illegal immigrants and old people.  We are all full up, and the only way we're going to keep more northerners (everyone in America is a northerner to Floridians...except maybe Georgians) from moving in is to keep people from finding out about the few nice places left in the state.
View Quote

Amen to that Norm!

cyoung....are you going to the Shoot on the 9th?I had a blast at the last "Heritage Day Shoot" in april!
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 4:07:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Gonna give it one more shot. Love to hear from anyone in the Crystal River area.
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 8:17:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Drop in and see J. David Phillips at Crystal River Pawn.  He's a good guy - posts a lot at rec.guns as "flimflam."  Recently survived getting run through with a sword by a nutcase.  Nutcase received five .25ACP's to the head.  
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 3:15:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Drop in and see J. David Phillips at Crystal River Pawn.  He's a good guy - posts a lot at rec.guns as "flimflam."  Recently survived getting run through with a sword by a nutcase.  Nutcase received five .25ACP's to the head.  
View Quote

Will do.
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 3:38:12 PM EDT
[#10]
My uncle-in-law lives on the Withilacoochee river right up 19 in Inglis.
I like the area and we are going down for Christmas to visit as we do most years. The whole family meets there  to sit out on the deck over the river and catch up. There's alot of wildlife.
The homasassa state park is cool. Thats near or in Cristal river. We saw that last year.
I'm just a tourist like you and I think the area is great.

(please forgive my poor spelling)
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 5:49:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Here's the address for J. David Phillips

A-1 Pawn & Jewelry
1925 S.E.Hwy 19
Crystal River, Florida, 34429
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top