Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2002 12:00:28 PM EDT
I heard one blurb on the radio, saw one pic on TV, now nothing. What happened? Why no coverage?
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 12:03:55 PM EDT
[#1]
It was just a traffic accident that happened to involve a fire due to ruptured fuel tank.
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 12:25:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I heard on the news that the Gas tank was not touched at all.  That the only thing destroyed was the cargo area...
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 12:30:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmm lets see..my frosted side thinks that...the dems desperately seeking an issue have latched onto 'gun control/registration/confiscation they wish to limit every aspect of the sport...

I wouldnt be too suprised if the explosion ws due to reloading powder...or at least I wouldnt be surprised for this to somehow sneak into the final report...

Im betting the dems start making noises about ammo shipments

My unfrosted side...thinks it was an accident
[:)]

They sure hosed down the contents ...hope nobody had anything important on board
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 12:31:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I saw TV coverage earlier.  The truck and fuel tanks appeared to be in good shape but the trailer(s)were melted from a fire and material (probably packages)was scattered. No crater in the interstate. Could have been a package bomb that started a fire.
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 12:34:24 PM EDT
[#5]
i heard the truck was full of OLY parts.
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 12:38:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
i heard the truck was full of OLY parts.
View Quote

And the shipping manifest was in back and was burned in the incident.
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 2:45:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Earlier today on Fox News they made a point of saying it was not the fuel tank on the tractor, and the driver and passenger were not hurt.  You could clearly see it was the trailer that exploded.  

Now they say the fuel tank exploded.  In my experience, diesel fuel does not explode, even in an accident.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top