Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2002 7:43:23 PM EDT
Been lurking at DU.
www.democraticunderground.com/cgi-bin/duforum/duboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=1093&forum=DCForumID32&omm=0

Check out this thread.  Subhuman23456 and ElWood seem to be able to make valid arguments.  It's funny to see the DU'ers use keep arguing anything but the topic, or go "well, it's what I want it to be".  Isn't that exactly what they accuse us of?
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 7:49:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Been lurking at DU.
www.democraticunderground.com/cgi-bin/duforum/duboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=1093&forum=DCForumID32&omm=0

Check out this thread.  Subhuman23456 and ElWood seem to be able to make valid arguments.  It's funny to see the DU'ers use keep arguing anything but the topic, or go "well, it's what I want it to be".  Isn't that exactly what they accuse us of?
View Quote

[red]Edited to kill "hot" link.  Links to leftist sites are left dead on purpose as they can track back to here when we link directly to them.  --thebeekeeper1[/red]
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 7:52:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 7:53:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I have been following it pretty much all day.

Check out post #47 about R Innis.

These DU clowns are a hoot.  Please, someone send an invite to ElWood to join us.  He has mentioned he has a Bushy!

Link Posted: 10/27/2002 7:54:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 8:04:51 PM EDT
[#5]
[rolleyes]
talk about a bunch of people in denial..... damn! (over @ DU)
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 8:12:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Folks, I went, I read and now my head hurts. That place will turn your brain to shit.
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 8:35:39 PM EDT
[#7]
LMFAO

The difference between the 'civilian' AR-15 and the military M-16 is really quite minor. It is only a matter of swapping out one or two very small parts inside of the AR-15 in order to make it fully automatic. If a source for the replacement parts is not readily available, the instructions for grinding parts down to make them fully auto, certainly are. (Consult your local NRA magazine advertisers for instructions.)
View Quote

In a similar manner, the NRA has fought to flood this country with the 'surplus' Soviet style SKS rifles in the 1990's. The NRA realized that there was a movement to ban assault weapons, so they fought to import as many of these rifles as they could. The SKS is the 'civilian' version of the Soviet AK-47 rifle. Many of these SKS rifles imported into this country had to have the parts swapped out to make them non fully automatic. I'm not sure where all those old parts went. I'm sure some of them are being sold in the black market of America's gun shows. Before the assault weapons ban, the SKS rifle could be bought by the truck load for only $75 each. Buy them in bulk, and they could be had for $50 each.
View Quote

The truth is that these semi-automatic assault rifles are nearly as deadly as their fully-automatic counterparts. The NRA nuts teach their members how to obtain the largest ammo clips available for their assault rifles. I think the fifty round clip is their clip of choice. They are also taught how to tape a couple of 25 round clips together, so that they can change clips with only a minor slow down in their shooting. These semi auto assault weapons can fire the same bullets that the DC sniper used, as a rate as fast as you can pull the trigger. They can fire 50 rounds in about 10 seconds.
The gophers of America's praries must be terrified...
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/27/2002 8:42:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 8:50:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm only 23, but I think I would have a heart attack if I read too much of that $#!t.

No actually that would never happen. I might cause a few though.
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 8:57:07 PM EDT
[#10]
It's definitely worth reading. Let's you see how the other half lives. Talking to those guys must be like banging your head on the floor. That sad thing is, they'd be begging for our help if Johnny Law ever decided to shut down the 1st amendment. Then they'd find value in ALL of the Bill of Rights, not just the ones that suit them today.
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 9:04:00 PM EDT
[#11]
The REALLY sad part is this guy is either a gun owner or he does atleast like to shoot.

How can he be sooooo....fuckin stoopid?

I am perfectly willing to have a photo ID produced that proves I am a legal owner. That ID could also be used to prove that I am allowed to purchase ammo for that rifle. I am also willing to sit down before a psychological battery of tests to prove that I am not a McVeigh, Koresh, Muhammed etc. I am also willing to provide ballistic samples, on a semi annual, or some other reasonable basis. I don't think that any of the above steps would infringe upon my constitutional rights. So please stop telling me that you are fighting to preserve a right of mine, that I feel is NOT in danger.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/27/2002 9:13:08 PM EDT
[#12]
My favorite post...

[b]Frothing gun nuts[/b]
I have read through these obvious NRA plant posts. Fact is that we need to ban ALL guns. Just look at Britin who has ZERO crime. Their police do not even carry guns. No wonder Johnny Depp is raising his kids there.
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 9:18:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The REALLY sad part is this guy is either a gun owner or he does atleast like to shoot.

How can he be sooooo....fuckin stoopid?

View Quote

Yeah this guy is definitely a Michael Moore type, you know, a contributing member of the NRA.

I hate these people.
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 9:22:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 11:03:37 PM EDT
[#15]
A useful phrase when debating most liberals.....

"You can have your own opinions..but you can't have your own facts!!!"
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 11:29:59 PM EDT
[#16]
I got revoked, after 3 posts. Screw them.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 12:00:38 AM EDT
[#17]
I started that thread to hear some honest anti logic, and it got me banned. Thats ok though, it only takes a few minutes to re-rigister and I love trolling over there.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 12:02:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 12:43:52 AM EDT
[#19]
The SKS comments are sooooo incredibly stupid I find it hard to believe they were said with a straight face.  That Lefty guy literally has no idea about much of anything gun related as far as I can see.  And yes, I do think you should know what the hell you're talking about before you come up with wonderful new laws to fix your invented problems.  Maybe I'm crazy in that respect.  I don't know a whole lot about  pottery making or the obviously many threats to peace associated with it.  But I guess that shouldn't stop me from inventing a problem, blowing it out of proportion, and inventing a law to fix this "problem" concerning pottery.  All the time while spouting misinformation to get others to side with me.  For crying out loud, if you obviously don't know one iota about the functioning of a gun, what makes one different from another, whether that really is a problem for crime somehow, etc, maybe you should shut up other than to say you don't like guns and don't care what the facts are...

And it is quite apparent he has a very strong hatred for anyone and anything gun related.  As someone else was saying, that jackass is a bigot if ever there was one...

I will not even bother to try to register and post over there.  Number one I wouldn't change the mind of someone who is not concerned with the facts of the subject like those people, and number two I'd be banned before I had a shot to even do so judging from the stories...

Say what they will about "gun nuts" and our boards, they are the biggest Nazis I've personally ever seen on the internet, as evidences by their rabid banning of anyone even remotely disagreeing with them, regardless of whether or not they were actually flaming anyone.  Only a matter of time till every actual democrat on that thread that defended gun ownership gets banned too I bet...  But they sure are a freedom loving bunch aren't they?  Uhuh.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 4:48:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Found a little out about Subhuman23456.  Seems his area of expertise is law.  Sounds like someone that would make for a good member here too...

And of course, the "debate" continues.  Well, when "acerbic" over there at DU isn't making personal attacks instead of debating....

WWoodworth
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 5:53:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have been following it pretty much all day.
View Quote

You have my sympathies and my respect. The effects of hanging around that IQ void caused my IQ to dwindle to nearly half its original level.

I'm off to NewsMax, JewishWorldReview, and then back here to repair the damage.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 6:56:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Well, I went over to DU and made a few contributions to the thread. [:D]  I wonder if I'm gonna get kicked off now.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 7:11:24 AM EDT
[#23]
It just goes to show how those liberals think...not with their minds, but with their hearts.  They FEEL.

There is NO logic in a liberal's mind.  They don't THINK like rational people.  When faced with irrefutable evidence, they become childish and pout.  They then stop any attempt at continueing the argument and begin to hurl ad hominem attacks on their [winning] opponent.

For example, when faced with an impenetrable wall of logic concerning the 2nd Amendment and gun ownership, they go whacko and recommend total confiscation and house by house searches for our guns!

My brother and his wife are liberal antis who recommend the same shit.  The last time we got into it over guns, they said the government should just totally ban all firearms, shut down all gun manufacturers, ammo companies, parts and accessories companies...basicaly the entire gun industry in America and put them out of business, put a total ban on all imports of firearms into America, and finally ban personal ownership of firearms and then CONFISCATE ALL FIREARMS FROM ALL CITIZENS OF AMERICA.

Believe it or not, I kept my temper.  I peppered them with logical questions such as:

-Who would you have go around and bust in the doors?

-Would you shoot those refusing to open their doors?

-How would you pay for it?

-What about the Constitution and the 2nd, 4th, and 5th Amendments?

-If it is so easy to get tons of dope across the border with Mexico every year in trucks, and the dope dogs can smell dope...how hard do you think it would be to smuggle guns in disguised as machine tools...when doggies can't discriminate greasy tools from greasy guns?

-How would you cause honest, legal, legitimate gun manufacturing companies in the US to shut down?

-What if the courts decided that your idea is crazy and un-constitutional?

-How would you prevent our companies from moving offshore and continuing their business?

-How would you stop foreign gun manufacturers from continuing to make guns?

-How would you propose to collect guns from crooks?

-How would you propose to put a entire multi-billion $$$ industry out of business in America?

As I ratcheted up the logic pressure, they had no real answers.  They finally cracked and began babbling about the humanity...about their FEELINGS towards guns, and how they really didn't have a clue, just that if government could...say "...fly to the moon",  then "they" damn well should be able to grab a bunch of guns from nuts like ME!

Antis crack me up.

Link Posted: 10/28/2002 7:20:08 AM EDT
[#24]
I heard on DU that the NRA drains the funds from police budgets.  Honest to God truth, DU'ers believe that crap!

Shok
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 6:30:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
You have my sympathies and my respect. The effects of hanging around that IQ void caused my IQ to dwindle to nearly half its original level.

I'm off to NewsMax, JewishWorldReview, and then back here to repair the damage.
View Quote

I am still following the thread for some gawd-awful reason.  I am going to blame it on my diminshed physical capacity due to illness, or maybe the illness is caused by too much DU - shit!

Well, it is confirmed.  They do not care about rights.  They will trash the COTUS for their own agenda.

Losing the second and the fourth would be a small price to pay for avoiding the THOUSANDS of needless gun deaths each year in this country.
View Quote

Well, there goes the 2nd, 4th and 5th.

...I want a ban on the NRA.
View Quote

And the first.

Sick, real sick.

Link Posted: 10/28/2002 7:03:03 PM EDT
[#26]
That started making me [puke]
So I went here:

[url]http://www.vickysjokes.com/funny/insanity.asp[/url]

Cheered me up....

Now I give your thread back to you...
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 7:23:51 PM EDT
[#27]
just regged over there. started to post.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 7:30:45 PM EDT
[#28]
heh already got banned
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 10:27:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
heh already got banned
View Quote

After 3 posts, no less.  I have fared a little better....

WWoodworth
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 7:03:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Bravo Tango Tango for whomever may have missed it.. it's getting more and more interesting...

WWoodworth
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 9:43:53 PM EDT
[#31]
BTT

Once again, I submit to you, DU is full of fucking idiots.

Thanks, ElWood, wherever you are...
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 10:46:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Yeah, Elwood and Subhuman:  You the man!
I was in that thread for a little bit, but realized those two were doing a helluva lot more good than I was doing.  If anyone can get some of those fools to think, it's those two.
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 10:18:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Man, that guy 'acerbic' is starting to get on someone's nerves...  MINE.

[s]ElW[/s]  ummmm, WWoodworth
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 12:28:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Meanwhile, I am managing to subvert the mother (my wife) of three democrap liberal females (my step-daughters). Heh heh heh. They don't like step-dad and don't like step-dad's guns. Too f---ing bad for them.
Gonna take the wife out shooting and guess what she'll get to fire. It's small, black, and doesn't recoil to speak of.  An EBR, of course!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top