Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2002 10:58:09 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 11:03:02 PM EDT
[#1]
car insurance is a scam.  i got cancelled because i was an out of state customer, but ive been out of state the whole time i had the truck.  I think they made enough money off me and got out while the gettin was good.  bastards
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 1:58:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Now I'm no insurance salesman, but I would think they'de just cancel that policy and and refund the remaining coverage fees prorated.  They should just sign you up for the new car at whatever the rate for that car might be and prorate that fee for the remainder of your billing cycle.  Of course they may do it completely different, but that would seem to me the way it should be done.
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 3:54:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Hoplite,...I think insurance varies state to state.I would think you should consult a 'few' insurance agents,then you'll have the info to address yours.Insurance is a scam,read your policy closely.If you are purchaseing duplicate coverages, drop one or the other.Auto insurance here, they ALWAYS try to sell you persnal injury (foryourself)........I dropped it,I have my own health/presonal injury insurance. Why should I pay for it again? Dropped my Auto policy costs 25%.[b]READ YOUR POLICY[/b]
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 4:48:48 AM EDT
[#4]
With every auto insurance policy I've ever had over the last 35 years, all it took was a phone call to add or delete a vehicle.  You will be billed for the cost difference.  Your billing statement should have a customer service number.  Call the number or contact your agent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top