Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2002 7:47:19 PM EDT
I got my care package from the ATF today and by that I mean my application for my FFL.   Anyhow, I was reading over the form 7 and it says that I need to submit finger prints.  Now, do I just go to the local PD and ask them to print me or do I ink myself?  They didn't send a finger print card or anything, is that something I need to have or would the PD have one they'd use?  The form 7 says a form fd-258, so i am thinking I need one of those.

After I submit all this stuff back to them, what is the average time for the FFL to be issued?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 7:49:36 PM EDT
[#1]
You need to get it done correctly on the correct fingerprint card. If the prints suck you will need to re submit.

PDs are the best but most WON'T do it for CCW/FFL reasons.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 7:58:55 PM EDT
[#2]
So, where would I go?  Attempt it myself or is there somewhere that will do it for me?

PDs are the best but most WON'T do it for CCW/FFL reasons.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 8:05:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I would "try" a local PD you may get lucky. If not look into passport services, etc. You will need to get 2 passport size photos anyway.

When I did it I lied and said it was for a security backround check in ref to a job I was getting.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 8:08:42 PM EDT
[#4]
A sherrif's office should be able to do it, and they'd be more likely to do it for you.  Doing it yourself will just delay the already long FFL process. You'll have to have a LEO of some sort do it because I believe they have to sign it as a second party, and I think they have have to be sworn to protect and serve so the government can be sure that those are your prints.  Usually costs $15 or so.  I'm not sure, but don't you need to inform or get your sherrif to sign something that has to do with your lisence anyway?
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 8:14:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I have to tell the CLEO, but they don't have to sign anything.  I just send them a copy a copy of the Form 7

I'm not sure, but don't you need to inform or get your sherrif to sign something that has to do with your lisence anyway?
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 8:30:58 PM EDT
[#6]
The prints do NOT need to come from a sworn officer. They just have to be readable prints (all tridents, etc.).

It doesn't matter who takes the prints. If the prints suck they will be rejected, good prints will be accepted.

Ire, if you need any questions answered feel free to email me.

You will have to submit a completed application with picture to the CLEO for his records, but he does NOT have to sign it off. This isn't a Form 4.

When you finally get your FFL register with the FFL forum on www.full-auto.com (it's down right now but will be up by the time you get your FFL approved - I hope, btw Verizon sucks).

Then we can answer all your NEW FFL questions.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 8:40:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry for any false info.  I have been considering getting my FFL, and that's the info I got from the FFL dealer that I use.

Just tryin' to help :P
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 8:49:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sorry for any false info.  I have been considering getting my FFL, and that's the info I got from the FFL dealer that I use.

Just tryin' to help :P
View Quote

No prob. Just trying to keep it accurate. This guys gonna have enough trouble getting his FFL.
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 2:05:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the info.  What kind of ink do I use to make prints?

Any idea how long the FFL process takes?

Quoted:
The prints do NOT need to come from a sworn officer. They just have to be readable prints (all tridents, etc.).

When you finally get your FFL register with the FFL forum on www.full-auto.com (it's down right now but will be up by the time you get your FFL approved - I hope, btw Verizon sucks).

Then we can answer all your NEW FFL questions.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 9:28:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thanks for the info.  What kind of ink do I use to make prints?

Any idea how long the FFL process takes?

View Quote

Trust me, I used to take prints for a living. You will f it up. Let a professional roll the prints.

Application process will probably take 4 months.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top