Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2001 9:12:53 AM EDT
just had a brain fart -

1:  a pump action ar15?  i think someone makes one already - was it dpms?

2:  a lower with a mag welded in (let's say gi 30 rounder) and THEN a flattop upper with the front of the top section milled out to access the mag to be loaded with a stripper (ala m14 style) clip, with a replacable, front flip up "m1913" dust cover.

any thoughts?  i am assuming then these rifles could sport all the evil features?

i know that either option sucks, but was just thinking.  i know in the u.k. you were able to by single shot ar's (deneutered gas systems)...

steve
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 9:18:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure some enterprising spirit will come up with a design before long.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 9:29:06 AM EDT
[#2]
They all ready make both rifles but the fixed mag can only hold 10rds.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 9:54:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 10:29:46 AM EDT
[#4]
The problem with "AK-series" and "AR-series" firearms in Kalifornia is that they are subject to two "ASSault weapons" laws - Roberti-Roos and SB23.  Roberti-Roos bans firearms based on the model number.  However, the "series" designation was expanded after the HCI lawsuit was ruled on at the state supreme court as defining any similar model as a "series" firearm.  For example, the Saiga sporter is considered an "AK-series" firearm, despite the absence of any evil features.  Therefore, you would have to devise a new reciver to attach to an AR upper to circumvent the ban.  SB23 bans firearms based on features (pistol grips, detachable magazine, flash suppressor, grenade launchers, etc.).  Your time would be better spent taking the gas tube out of a FAL than trying to fool with anything related to the AR15.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top