Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2002 10:40:00 AM EDT
We all realize that the next few weeks are going to be a little rough for gun owners.  

Instead of bitching and whining about how unfairly the media is treating us, and complaining that we can't stem he tide of new gun "laws", why not start a trend of positive action that might just counteract the anti-2nd. Amendment onslaught that is about to take place???

I suggest that this thread be tacked for a while, and that fellow board members post what [i]they[/i] have done to stay positive & productive!

Inspire others with your ideas, generate support on other gun forums, and let’s not take this lying down!!!

So far today, I have made $$$ donations to the NRA-ILA & the State & Local Election Fund of the RNC.

So... what have [b]YOU[/b] done to fight back???
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 10:49:45 AM EDT
[#1]
i applied for my FFL this summer.  i am expanding my business to firearms (not just hunting and camping gear). And i am not afraid to speak out when i get the chance.  

also, i vote.  But only vote for PRO-gun cadidates.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 4:52:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So far today, I have made $$$ donations to the NRA-ILA & the State & Local Election Fund of the RNC.

View Quote

You mean in addition to writing letters to Congressmen and my regular $100 per month allotment to ILA?
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 6:23:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I finally joined the NRA, GOA and SAF.  Then sent them e-mails indicating that I was a new member and that I was against ballistic fingerprinting and any legislation that would attempt to make up for the sunset of the 1994 AW bill, and would continue to financially support them so long as they supported my interests.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 6:26:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I have written to some 20 reporters over the last few days about the ballistic fingerprinting issue,  with the powerful ammunition of the Calif. DOJ report that KBaker found.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 6:41:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
We all realize that the next few weeks are going to be a little rough for gun owners.  

Instead of bitching and whining about how unfairly the media is treating us, and complaining that we can't stem he tide of new gun "laws", why not start a trend of positive action that might just counteract the anti-2nd. Amendment onslaught that is about to take place???

I suggest that this thread be tacked for a while, and that fellow board members post what [i]they[/i] have done to stay positive & productive!

Inspire others with your ideas, generate support on other gun forums, and let’s not take this lying down!!!

View Quote

Well, as soon as this sniper stuff started, I renewed my NRA membership, and a little while before that, I went to [url]www.gunoners.org[/url] and bought the item pointed to by this link:[url]http://www.goemerchant2.com/nscgi-bin/gunownersofamerica1buyme/orders.cgi?Merchant=gunownersofamerica1buyme&Quantity=1&PartNum=TXE007&Add=1[/url]

haven't heard a word from them yet, but I think that's because they process orders in big batches every month and a half or so

I've also been writing letters and passing out prestamped, pre-addressed post cards with "any new gun laws = a vote for your competitor" messages to my friends and having them sign and fill in their address before i drop them in the mail

Link Posted: 10/24/2002 6:46:08 PM EDT
[#6]
i voted by mail
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 6:52:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 6:53:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I fight back every time I can.

Just the other day I was car pooling with a Democrap and I let out the rankest fart you have every tasted in your life[:D]

That will show'um!
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 7:52:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Just last week I took my state represenative shooting and he liked my  AR so much he wants one just like it and its a BUSHY heavy barrel.
Roger T.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 7:58:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I send messages to my representatives.

I write letters to the local paper (one was printed today as a matter of fact -- too bad they cut out a lot of good stuff).

I take every opportunity to try to help the misinformed in our community understand the truth about firearms.

I cleaned my guns again this week just so I would feel closer to them (did I write that?)

I joined DU and started posting so I could keep up with what the enemy has to say.

And look at the letters in my sig line (after the Click. Click. Boom. part, you ninny)

WWoodworth
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top