Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2002 7:11:37 AM EDT
Been sitting at my desk listening to the news coverage on Fox.  Clearly, they caught these guys because an alert citizen saw the car a BOLO had been issued on and called the cops.  The cops, especially Fart, Barf and Itch, will now surely beat their breasts and talk about their great police work.  We seem to live under a government that does not trust it's own citizens and would like nothing more than to disarm them.  Yet, when the metal meets the meat, it is a CITIZEN who provides the crucial information that leads to the arrest of the shooters.  It is just me, or is there something fundamentally wrong with this picture?
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 7:29:52 AM EDT
[#1]
This provides yet another example of how the responsibility of defense resides with the individual rather than the government.  LE is effectivly a clean up crew, and the only deterrent they provide is the threat of capture and consequence.

FBI also claimed "good police work" in capturing the unibomber, but the truth was that his brother turned him in...

Edited to add, that this is not a slam on LE.  I'm just dissapointed in the fact that the average citizen does not feel that he/she should take any measures to ensure their own saftey...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top