Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/23/2002 11:20:01 AM EDT
I have a new AR15 on order. Its a Bushmaster, target. I have some .223 South African ammo I intend to use with it. Does anyone know anything about this stuff, good or bad. It has a copper jacket and lead center bullet, 55 grain, PMP. Turbo5 [50]
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 11:35:08 AM EDT
I have a bushmaster with the 20 inch heavy barrel and it absolutely loves south African. It ain't the most accurate ammo, that's for sure. But for inexpensive plinking, it can be hard to beat IMHO.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 11:36:22 AM EDT
You'll like both.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 8:14:21 PM EDT
When you say target does that mean it doesn't have a chrome bore and barrel? If it has a chrome bore and barrel it will gobble most anything(even wolf) that you feed it! Good choice Bob [:D]
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 8:32:41 PM EDT
Target is just the name either bushmaster or a dealer gave the rifle. Kind of like a colt sporter (correct me if I am wrong). I think he is referring to the XM15 E2S 20in Barrel Rifle basically you AR-15 with a HBAR 20" barrel. Don't think he mentioned if it had an a2 or and a3 top. Bushmasters website for the rifle I think he is referring to. [url]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/pcwa2s20.asp[/url]
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 9:16:49 PM EDT
cafordguy Yeah, that is what I got XM15 E2S. I am really looking forward to taking it to the range. This is the first semi auto rifle I have purchased. I usually shoot old bolt action rifles, 8mm. They are fun, but I needed to upgrade to something more modern. I got the carrying handle top. Read this [newbie] [newbie] Turbo5
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 12:21:45 AM EDT
Did you get a AK brake on it? Bob [:D]
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 12:34:06 AM EDT
May I suggest you read over both the [url=www.ammo-oracle.com]AR15.com Ammo FAQ[/url] and [url=magfaq.tripod.com]Troy's Magazine FAQ[/url]. They will answer a lot of question you may have and prevent you from wasting your money on junk. USPC40 [img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/img] [url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url] [url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url] [img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 2:50:04 AM EDT
Originally Posted By USPC40: May I suggest you read over both the [url=www.ammo-oracle.com]AR15.com Ammo FAQ[/url] and [url=magfaq.tripod.com]Troy's Magazine FAQ[/url]. They will answer a lot of question you may have and prevent you from wasting your money on junk. USPC40 [url]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/url] [url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url] [url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url] [url]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/url]
View Quote
Hey he said he is getting a Bushy,and that ain't junk! Bob [:D]
Top Top