Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2002 10:53:41 AM EDT
Ok almost every day I listen to there liberal garbage and more than a few times it has been about guns but this time I am going to write them a nasty letter proving everything they said was wrong.

here is the article her argument is so poor and misinformed, basically she is just a gun hater for no reason.

go to this site [url]http://www.thedailyaztec.com/Archiv.../opinion02.html[/url]

help me out in my letter does anyone have that fox news article on how inneffective ballistic finger printing is.

and when I do write the article it will be well written not like my posts on this forum.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 10:55:57 AM EDT
[#1]
URL no good...
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 10:57:36 AM EDT
[#2]
http://www.thedailyaztec.com/Archive/Current/opinion/opinion02.html
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 10:58:19 AM EDT
[#3]
[url]http://www.thedailyaztec.com/Archive/Current/opinion/opinion02.html[/url]
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 12:05:21 PM EDT
[#4]
1911greg,
You could have a lot of fun with this little twit.  
Some of my favorite parts of her column...

In order to put the Second Amendment into perspective, we must understand what the founding fathers' original intentions were, and how our present technology has changed guns themselves.

Guns are a hell of a lot more dangerous than they were in the 18th century. Muskets could only fire one shot at a time, and took nearly five minutes to fully load. Today, automatic weapons can shoot several bullets in a row with no need to load at all. One does not need to prepare his weapon to fire, he must simply pull the trigger.

View Quote

For some strange reason, I don't believe that she is even interested or capable of understanding the original intentions of the Second Amendment.  Since she is a journalism major[puke] use her own argument against the First Amendment and see if she still thinks that it is valid.

"In order to put the First Amendment into perspective, we must understand what the founding fathers' original intentions were, and how our present technology has changed the tools of journalism themselves.

Printing presses are a hell of a lot more dangerous than they were in the 18th century. Early presses of the time could only fire one page at a time, and could take hours to fully set the type. Today, automatic presses, computers and high-velocity laser printers can shoot several pages in a row with no need to typeset at all. One does not need to prepare his printer to fire, he must simply push the button."

As a result, common sense dictates we make people register to own guns and register the guns they purchase. Everyone must be held accountable for the weapons they own. We must perform background checks on everyone purchasing a gun, even at a gun shows. This will help keep guns out of the wrong hands.

To protect ourselves from future crime, we need bullets that we can trace to specific guns. If this causes the cost of bullets to be raised to $100 each, we're probably the better for it. We also need to be able to trace guns to their owners.

Whatever we decide to do, we must enact some stronger form of gun control. We can't rely on outdated policy, or we will continue to be helpless victims of crime.
View Quote

"As a result, common sense dictates we make people register to own computers and printers and register the printers they purchase. Everyone must be held accountable for the propaganda they print. We must perform background checks on everyone purchasing a printer or copy machine, even at Office Depot. This will help keep printers out of the wrong hands.

To protect ourselves from future propaganda, we need paper that we can trace to specific printers. If this causes the cost of paper to be raised to $100 per sheet, we're probably the better for it. We also need to be able to trace printers to their owners.

Whatever we decide to do, we must enact some stronger form of censorship. We can't rely on outdated policy, or we will continue to be helpless victims of journalistic bias masquerading as fact."

Well, you get the idea.  Her whole article can be turned around on her.  Hit her where she "lives" and see if she still agrees with her own ideas.  Idiots like this girl are why I chose my sig line.  Feel free to use it in your response to her if you like it. [:)]

Link Posted: 10/23/2002 12:19:08 PM EDT
[#5]
. I hate how thousands of children accidentally kill each other each year because of their parents' desires to protect
View Quote

I think you mean:
"I hate how thousands (uhh... exaggeration?) of children accidentally kill each other each year because their parents don't teach them to respect a gun.
I especially hate how they take accountability away from murderers. It's a lot easier to kill someone when he can't see who's pulling the trigger. You can hide in a tree or in a car, and he'll never see you coming. You don't even have to watch him die -- you can drive away and assume he met his end.
View Quote

It's a lot easier to stab someone when they're not looking too... or to smother them with a pillow while they're asleep... or run over them with a car...

What's that have to do with anything?

You can shoot someone with a bow and arrow from a tree. You can drop poison in their drink and walk away.

While the sniper's gun is not to blame for his crimes, he would be a lot easier to find if there were stricter gun control laws in our country.
View Quote

Assuming the "sniper" is a dumb criminal who has legally obtained his gun, it might be easier to find out who he was. However stricter GUN CONTROL laws wont stop the criminals from doing what they do (that's why they're criminals).

Yet the NRA continues to fight any gun-control legislation brought to Congress. The group refuses to support anything that may hold gun owners accountable for their weapons
View Quote

Sorry, but the law abiding citizens who WILL OBEY the laws AREN'T WHO YOU ARE TO BE WORRIED ABOUT.

And everyone must be held accountable for THEIR ACTIONS. Why should one be accountable for an inanimate object? The object itself is harmless w/o a fool using it to hurt someone.

Among its ridiculous arguments, the NRA claims ownership of guns protects innocent people, who can use their weapons to fight back against criminals.
View Quote

Yes, that is soooo far fetched. There's no way someone with a gun would stand a chance of actually defending themselves! We're talking science fiction with that NRA argument...

Instead of protecting us, owning a gun actually puts us in harm's way. If you are held at gunpoint and reach for your gun, you will be dead before you ever pull it out.
View Quote

That's why you don't go for your gun when you have one pointed at your head... This requires common sense. If you're dumb enough to try and do ANYTHING sudden like go for a knife/gun/his gun while the criminal has his weapon pointed at you... YOU WILL BE SHOT. That's not the only circumstance one could be in during a self-defense situation.

If you are robbed or burglarized, the chances that criminals will find your gun before you can get to it are very high.
View Quote

I get it... the criminals have this "sixth sense" as to where your gun is. Thus they have a "high chance" of getting to it before you can. I get it... we should ban psychics!

But what can be done about this?
View Quote

What could be done about it (assuming you mean people being fools with guns instead of defending themselves)? I say get the fools w/ no common sense to take safety courses, or slap some sense into them.

The Second Amendment guarantees Americans the right to own guns, doesn't it?
View Quote

One point I think we all agree on...

The Second Amendment very clearly states, "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." We have a right to own guns, even to carry them on our person. Our forefathers made certain of that.
View Quote

Make that two...

Guns are a hell of a lot more dangerous than they were in the 18th century. Muskets could only fire one shot at a time, and took nearly five minutes to fully load.
View Quote

According to mail call... they took 20 seconds.

Today, automatic weapons can shoot several bullets in a row with no need to load at all. One does not need to prepare his weapon to fire, he must simply pull the trigger.
View Quote

I guess guns nowadays manufacture their own bullets out of thin air... wish I had one of those. I still have to clean, load mag, insert mag, cock, release safety, then pull trigger... Is she saying that I DON'T have to load my gun anymore?! This could come in handy! and save lots of money on ammo/mags.

When the Constitution was written, America was still a very new country. We were just coming off of a war and were extremely paranoid of our country one day becoming a tyranny similar to England's. Therefore, the Second Amendment was added to the constitution to allow citizens to form their own armies, in case a president became a dictator. Times are much different now. Our democracy is secure. Despite what many think, Bush is not an absolute monarch, and probably won't even win the next election.  
View Quote

Regardless of whether she thinks any one president is/isn't a threat, They put that in the constitution to protect the people from the government... It didn't say "only for the next 100 years while we're scared". Does she think the govt now is less able to control our lives then it was when the country was founded?

As a result, common sense dictates we make people register to own guns and register the guns they purchase.
View Quote

And we should make people register each knife they own, and baseball bat, and plastic bag, and pillow, and...

Everyone must be held accountable for the weapons they own
View Quote

No, everyone must be held accountable for THEIR ACTIONS. Why should one be accountable for an inanimate object? The object itself is harmless w/o a fool using it to hurt someone.

We must perform background checks on everyone purchasing a gun, even at a gun shows. This will help keep guns out of the wrong hands.
View Quote

I guess they don't actually check stuff at gun shows... the sellers are actually just doing it all for fun, and so they can charge more...

To protect ourselves from future crime, we need bullets that we can trace to specific guns.
View Quote

Right, we all know how the criminals legally obtain their guns. Glad we'll be able to trace it to the person it was stolen from...

If this causes the cost of bullets to be raised to $100 each, we're probably the better for it.
View Quote

Yes, that's logical... for someone who starts off their article with "I hate guns".

We also need to be able to trace guns to their owners.
View Quote

Same as listed above... criminals are going to register their stolen weapons?

Whatever we decide to do, we must enact some stronger form of gun control. We can't rely on outdated policy, or we will continue to be helpless victims of crime.
View Quote

How about instead we look at how well the gun laws have effected things to begin with...

Really, I have an idea... let's just make it illegal to kill someone. That way, everyone wont do it... Oh wait, the criminals don't obey the law?!? well...

OK, let's make it illegal to own a gun, that way nobody will get shot. Oh wait... criminals don't obey the law?

From burglar/rapist/murderer's point of view:

Do you think he would rather do his dirty deeds in a place where he knows nobody can own a gun, or somewhere that allows law abiding citizens to have them? Even if he doesn't have a gun himself (thanks to your no-gun law that he felt guilty enough to turn his gun in), don't you think he'd much rather take the "easy pickins"?

Every year more people die from car accidents than guns. We need to ban cars...

More people are killed by drunk drivers than guns each year. We should make it illegal to drink and drive... oops, it already is! Well, why do we still have drinking and driving problems?!?
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 12:40:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Thats it. Rebecca has convinced me. Guns are evil.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 12:48:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Forget it guys, she's a die hard liberal.  In other words she bought the Brady's campaign liberal bull$h!# hook line and sinker.  I wonder how could someone possibly be so blind.

Edited because i wanted to ask if anybody else noticed that she appeared to directly hold EVERY law-abiding gun owner accountable for the murder spree around DC.  That makes sense dont it....[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 1:03:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I wouldn't waste my time writing her a letter and convincing her of anything.  You, well you're one of those redneck, slobbering, beer drinking gun owners.  She is much smarter than you.  Hell, she wants to rewrite the whole Constitution.

I think her problem dates back to never being asked to the prom.  Insert the word penis in place of gun and I think you have the real story.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 1:08:59 PM EDT
[#9]
1.  It is a sad testament to San Diego State University that one of their junior students, and a major in journalism to boot on the staff of the school newspaper, has such a poor grasp of the English language.  For one who obviously aspires to a career in liberalism "saving the world", her writing skills are in serious disrepute and clearly in need of some remedial help.

2.  It is another sad testament to that august university that her research is so flawed.  Her professors should have taught her that before writing such a stupid screed, she should have done a bit of work on the issue.

3.  On the other hand, since she IS a dumb-ass liberal kid with a head full of mush, and since this article is all about FEELINGS rather than FACTS, it fits perfectly.

[b]Moron...[/b]
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 1:12:21 PM EDT
[#10]
not to mention she is fat and probably has jelly rolls for a tummy.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 2:45:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Do I have permission to use your guys ideas and words in my letter?

To bad she isn't hot If she was I would offer to take her shooting but she might get hungry and take a bite out of my government model.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 2:49:19 PM EDT
[#12]
she does have a good tactic say as much ignorant stuff about guns so that it will frustrate any one else who wants to argue the pro gun point of view.  

1 thing I remember "never argue with idiots or children" I think this might fall into that category.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 5:16:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Do I have permission to use your guys ideas and words in my letter?

To bad she isn't hot If she was I would offer to take her shooting but she might get hungry and take a bite out of my government model.
View Quote

You can use anything I posted*

*provided you pay a royalty fee, LOL... j/k
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 5:28:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ok almost every day I listen to there liberal garbage and more than a few times it has been about guns but this time I am going to write them a nasty letter proving everything they said was wrong.

View Quote

I'm sorry Greg but you can't use the truth to fight them,truth is rubber and your glue you know the rest.

Anything you say will be twisted and made in to lies,don't feed them.

We need to get the word out on our own in a way that can't be toyed with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top