User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 4:09:38 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

THIS IS SHIT OF BULL!

HE CANNOT FOR TAKE OUR TAPE AND PUT ON SELF AND CLAIM TO INVENT!!!!!

I FOR AM CONTACTING YOU JOHN KERRY TO ASK FOR INJUNCTION OF SUING LAWS TO SHUT DOWN THIS SHAME MAKE RIP OFF OF PAKI-TAPE!!!!

THE RAGE I FOR FEEL OF HIM INSULT MY CULTURE FOR STEAL OUR GIFTS TO CIVILIZATION FOR BEYOND ANY BUT ALLAHS COMPREHENSION!!!!!!!

A FATWA ON HIS HEAD!!!!

He's uping the ante on you, Devil Dog..he is making video's now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2aQypG3uOk

You have got to be shitting me...

The Spartans at the Ludas must be complaining about joint and muscle pain.

Probably why they wear wrist braces...

Link Posted: 7/7/2013 4:19:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

THIS IS SHIT OF BULL!

HE CANNOT FOR TAKE OUR TAPE AND PUT ON SELF AND CLAIM TO INVENT!!!!!

I FOR AM CONTACTING YOU JOHN KERRY TO ASK FOR INJUNCTION OF SUING LAWS TO SHUT DOWN THIS SHAME MAKE RIP OFF OF PAKI-TAPE!!!!

THE RAGE I FOR FEEL OF HIM INSULT MY CULTURE FOR STEAL OUR GIFTS TO CIVILIZATION FOR BEYOND ANY BUT ALLAHS COMPREHENSION!!!!!!!

A FATWA ON HIS HEAD!!!!

He's uping the ante on you, Devil Dog..he is making video's now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2aQypG3uOk

You have got to be shitting me...

The Spartans at the Ludas must be complaining about joint and muscle pain.

Spartans who complain must shave half their beard and be killed.

Link Posted: 7/7/2013 4:34:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Long grip works on pistol shooting too.

As long as you have enough tape.

Link Posted: 7/7/2013 4:35:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Long grip works on pistol shooting too.

As long as you have enough tape.

http://i39.tinypic.com/14dm59d.jpg

Isn't labeling the ear muffs tactically unsound?
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 6:10:49 PM EDT
[#5]
The firearms industry is getting ridiculous. Especially the "training" portion. Just a bunch of fucking shills and snake oil salesman.
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 6:58:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

The firearms industry is getting ridiculous. Especially the "training" portion. Just a bunch of fucking shills and snake oil salesman.

Like who?  Anyone in particular in mind, or are you just stating that to try to sound sage and wise?

Also, what techniques are being taught that you can discount as "shills" and "Snake oil?"  As in you can actually demonstrate them in real life as being inferior to what you consider superior?

Would you say that the current state of the quality of training, and the access people have to quality training now is better or worse than say, the 80's?

Link Posted: 7/7/2013 7:00:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Actually labeling your gear is probably the most tactical thing you can do.

When you're rubbing elbows with fellow killers, who often use the same awesome gear you do, your gear can get mixed up.

That's why CLEARLY labeling ALL your gear is important.

Link Posted: 7/7/2013 7:07:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually labeling your gear is probably the most tactical thing you can do.

When you're rubbing elbows with fellow killers, who often use the same awesome gear you do, your gear can get mixed up.

That's why CLEARLY labeling ALL your gear is important.

http://i39.tinypic.com/etd3l0.jpg

Link to Ebay auction?
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 7:12:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Like who?  Anyone in particular in mind, or are you just stating that to try to sound sage and wise?

Also, what techniques are being taught that you can discount as "shills" and "Snake oil?"  As in you can actually demonstrate them in real life as being inferior to what you consider superior?

Would you say that the current state of the quality of training, and the access people have to quality training now is better or worse than say, the 80's?

I'm just trying to sound wise...

Link Posted: 7/7/2013 7:13:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

80s were the peak of tactical training everyone knows that.
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 7:22:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I've taken handgun 1 with Costa. I guess I must have been shooting 6' groups at the 3 yd line. All this time I could have swore I was at the 25 line. Silly me, I'm sure you know better though since you're the shooting guru. When can I take your handgun class? I'd love to learn how to shoot people from a real killer.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Obviously someone who hasn't bothered to train with him.[roleeyes]

Quoted:

Costa's Loooonnggg Grip is hard on the body.  Reaching your support arm out there puts EXTREME strain on tendons and ligaments.

It is a small price to pay to shave fractions of a second off your time at the 3 yard line.

W

Did you even read Costa's article with the announcement?

“Pain is a distraction, and you absolutely can’t allow it to affect your focus,” says Costa. “You can apply RockTape yourself and it stays on through intense physical activity. You’re not bothered by muscle pain or soreness – you don’t even think about it anymore.”

Please post pictures of yourself covered in Tactical 5.11 RockTape.

Link Posted: 7/7/2013 7:23:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Awww, that's too bad, I was hoping you could post video of yourself shooting to show us all how it's really done!

Link Posted: 7/7/2013 7:29:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Awww, that's too bad, I was hoping you could post video of yourself shooting to show us all how it's really done!

You wouldn't want that, I suck. After I get my Costa tape on my arms, I'm sure I will be a badass though, and will post a video showing my results.
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 7:30:44 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't care what Costa does, or doesn't do, as I am not into hero worship.
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 7:32:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Funny all the shit talkers do nothing but that, instead of proving why the techniques they bash are inferior. at least when you attend these instructors "shill" classes they will explain and demo to you why the techniques works based on science and mechanics.

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/7/2013 7:34:27 PM EDT
[#16]
So did you bash him for wearing the Dr. prescribed Ace pressure bandage on his forearm before the tape?

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

You wouldn't want that, I suck. After I get my Costa tape on my arms, I'm sure I will be a badass though, and will post a video showing my results.

Link Posted: 7/7/2013 7:38:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
So did you bash him for wearing the Dr. prescribed Ace pressure bandage on his forearm before the tape?

[/quot
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 7:38:26 PM EDT
[#18]
There is one born every minute...
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 7:39:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Funny thing is, in some styles of shooting competition some  forms of support or brace (like ace bandage wraps) are not legal for competition due to being an unfair advantage.
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 7:41:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

No, because being an elite athlete is tough on the body.

This on the other hand...

Link Posted: 7/7/2013 7:46:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Funny thing is, in some styles of shooting competition some  forms of support or brace (like ace bandage wraps) are not legal for competition due to being an unfair advantage.

I got points taken from me because I took a knee once in USPSA
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 7:53:25 PM EDT
[#22]
and that has what to do with the validity of his curriculum?

Quoted:
Quoted:

No, because being an elite athlete is tough on the body.

This on the other hand...

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/chris-tm-tfb.jpg

Link Posted: 7/7/2013 7:59:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I've taken handgun 1 with Costa. I guess I must have been shooting 6' groups at the 3 yd line. All this time I could have swore I was at the 25 line. Silly me, I'm sure you know better though since you're the shooting guru. When can I take your handgun class? I'd love to learn how to shoot people from a real killer.

I am a huge fan of Costa, and I believe in the tape.

I'm with you brother.  It's not just a shit ton of hype and bullshit products, it's real.
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 8:06:43 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I suck too, I still post videos, so what?
Put em up so we can see where you're starting at, and where you progress to after each layer of tape.

Link Posted: 7/7/2013 8:09:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I suck too, I still post videos, so what?

Put em up so we can see where you're starting at, and where you progress to after each layer of tape.

Does everyone on this board have something to prove to you in your mind?
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 8:22:49 PM EDT
[#26]
This is one creepy thread...
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 8:24:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I don't care what Costa does, or doesn't do, as I am not into hero worship.

Then this thread is not for you.

Either get with the program or find your way out.  This is a place of worship.

Link Posted: 7/7/2013 8:32:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/7/2013 8:41:33 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

snip

No. In a perfect world, everyone on this board could prove to me what they say is correct.

But most fail to prove anything, all they do is talk.  

So, to answer your question, no, not everyone on this board has something to prove to me, as most are unwilling or incapable of backing up their claims.

Link Posted: 7/7/2013 8:59:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

There is nothing creepy about improving your technique.

Try new Costa Ludas Forearm Ink, it gets under your skin where the accuracy hides.

Costa ink extracts the accuracy and brings it to the surface.  Harvest your inner warrior, step up to the next level.
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 9:17:20 PM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 7/7/2013 10:36:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is nothing creepy about improving your technique.

Try new Costa Ludas Forearm Ink, it gets under your skin where the accuracy hides.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2lc4fn7.jpg

Costa ink extracts the accuracy and brings it to the surface.  Harvest your inner warrior, step up to the next level.

That dude better be a lefty or he won't be able to drive the gun with his Costa ink...
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 4:22:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:
snip

No. In a perfect world, everyone on this board could prove to me what they say is correct.

So, to answer your question, no, not everyone on this board has something to prove to me, as most are unwilling or incapable of backing up their claims.

I'm just trying to prove I can grow a mustache as good as yours...it's not working
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 4:43:20 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

snip

I'm just trying to prove I can grow a mustache as good as yours...it's not working

It was pretty trimmed up in that picture too.
Though to be fair, the trade off for my magnificent dick broom is terrible alopecia that makes it so I can only grow a horseshoe mustache, or try to grow a full beard out that is patchy looking (having spent years with beautiful beards)

No shit, enjoy growing out shit and trying new styles, never know when you won't be able to.  

Link Posted: 7/8/2013 4:55:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Being produced now.
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 7:57:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 12:28:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That dude better be a lefty or he won't be able to drive the gun with his Costa ink...

The ink is made of a mixture of Costa's bodily fluids.

Once the ink soaks in the gun will drive itself.

Link Posted: 7/8/2013 12:40:52 PM EDT
[#39]

I am not a Costa hater, I kind of like the guy and the hard work he puts in to his brand...but that made me raff.

I rost.

Link Posted: 7/8/2013 2:45:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
snip

I know this was directed at Madcap, but I'd like to address this:

If you make a claim, you better be ready to prove it.  There has been a lot of "That's stupid and doesn't work. My way is MUCH better" comments in this thread, but NOBODY has backed it up yet. Madcap has been one of the more vocal posters in this thread, and he's been the one calling people out. So yes, these people "have something to prove to him in his mind", mine also... that's how discussions work.

I'm not HSLD, my stance and grip is a mix of comfort and speed and it works for me... But I don't shoot down different methods and write them off before I try them

Link Posted: 7/8/2013 6:35:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

If you make a claim, you better be ready to prove it.  There has been a lot of "That's stupid and doesn't work. My way is MUCH better" comments in this thread, but NOBODY has backed it up yet. Madcap has been one of the more vocal posters in this thread, and he's been the one calling people out. So yes, these people "have something to prove to him in his mind", mine also... that's how discussions work.

I'm not HSLD, my stance and grip is a mix of comfort and speed and it works for me... But I don't shoot down different methods and write them off before I try them

Good point.  Those that oppose long grip cannot sufficiently explain why.  (It's because they secretly want to be inside Costa but are embarrassed and lash out in a gay rage.)

Is long grip for everybody? Yes.  Does everybody have long enough arms for it? No.

On the internet, you can't just go and say some random bullshit, everything has to be supported by facts.

Link Posted: 7/8/2013 7:15:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am a huge fan of Costa, and I believe in the tape.

I'm with you brother.  It's not just a shit ton of hype and bullshit products, it's real.

Quoted:

You've taken 1 handgun from Costa?   And you are still alive?  

Link Posted: 7/8/2013 7:21:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Damn...I bet he changes a mean light bulb.
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 8:05:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good point.  Those that oppose long grip cannot sufficiently explain why.  (It's because they secretly want to be inside Costa but are embarrassed and lash out in a gay rage.)

Is long grip for everybody? Yes.  Does everybody have long enough arms for it? No.

On the internet, you can't just go and say some random bullshit, everything has to be supported by facts.

I used to do the long grip. I moved to an intelligent middle grip when I realized that I couldn't maintain muscle memory in all standard positions and it was exhausting if you ever had to keep your weapon up to scan or for other reasons.  Is the long grip faster? Sure, but tactical training is not much more than fantasy camp if it doesn't immediately address some of the more glaring tactical deficiencies. I'm not judging, by all means go and have fun. I still LOL when people post up pics of them all tacticooled out and dumping their fourth mag after they had SLOWLY walked toward a target, shooting it as they went. Because that's totally gonna win a real world gun fight.
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 8:18:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I used to do the long grip. I moved to an intelligent middle grip when I realized that I couldn't maintain muscle memory in all standard positions and it was exhausting if you ever had to keep your weapon up to scan or for other reasons.  Is the long grip faster? Sure, but tactical training is not much more than fantasy camp if it doesn't immediately address some of the more glaring tactical deficiencies. I'm not judging, by all means go and have fun. I still LOL when people post up pics of them all tacticooled out and dumping their fourth mag after they had SLOWLY walked toward a target, shooting it as they went. Because that's totally gonna win a real world gun fight.

I'm not going to pretend that I read your whole post, but you're right.

Long grip is faster, and speed is how we measure effectiveness.  Anyone who has gone up against a shot timer knows this.

The shot timer doesn't lie.  What? You hit your target? Nobody cares.  We want speed first, the accuracy will come later.

If you can't maintain the long grip position, it's because you're not using enough tape to support your body.  Long grip is EXTREME and requires tape for artificial support.

Link Posted: 7/8/2013 8:22:47 PM EDT
[#46]
lame chop shop
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 8:23:01 PM EDT
[#47]
And were still talking about this shit?
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 8:23:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 8:27:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Once the 5.11 Costa Ludas Tactical Rocktape was released, it pretty much destroyed the argument of everyone who opposed the Loooonnngg Grip.

Link Posted: 7/8/2013 8:29:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

This isn't shit. THIS IS ARFCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYESMYlungsare...........................really.......................................that...............................................................good
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top