Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2002 9:52:28 AM EDT
An incredible urge to eat [b]STEAK[/b] ??

I'm serious (and not trying to flip).  The whole evening, they were just showing that steakhouse over and over and over again.  I guess there really is no such thing as bad publicity.

Man, I haven't had a good steak in ages! Maybe I'll go get a good steak tonight.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 10:03:40 AM EDT
[#1]
ok dammit you talked me into it !!
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 10:07:24 AM EDT
[#2]
When I hear about another one of these shootings, I get the urge for some [url=www.rangebomb.com]target[/url] practice.

Link Posted: 10/22/2002 10:11:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Ponderosa has good steak? Never heard that one before.

Grill it yourself. Marinade it in olive oil, balsamic vinegar and crushed garlic cloves. Let it sit overnight in the fridge. Top it off w/ a nice merlot or cabernet (or a hearty beer like Steinlager or a porter or even a stout) a baked potatoe and some steamed asparagas saute'ed in white wine and garlic.....

Damn...I gotta go stop at the grocery store on the way home now!
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 10:17:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
a baked potatoe and some steamed asparagas saute'ed in white wine and garlic.....
View Quote

Mr. Quayle, is that you?
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 10:20:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah ya got me.....I was seeing if y'all were paying attention. ( yeah,...yeah, that's what I was doing.)

Link Posted: 10/22/2002 10:42:43 AM EDT
[#6]
We ate at Gavid's the other day.....

Scott

Link Posted: 10/22/2002 11:00:03 AM EDT
[#7]
The Ponderosa SUCKED! I was happy they closed here in GA. Unfortunatly to be replaced by
someplace even worse: Ryan's!
Canned veggies and fatty beef scrap cuts.
What a sh!t hole.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 11:25:06 AM EDT
[#8]
I wasn't specifically thinking I'd go to a Ponderosa (I've never been - but imagine that restaurants by the onramp of 95 probably aren't the world's best steakhouse).

I just wanted steak - I actualyl found myself salivating during some of the news coverage.  It was so wrong [:)]  

I'm ashamed to admit that I don't own a barbecue/grill.  My finacee has it at her house in Nashville.  [:(]
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 11:29:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm ashamed to admit that I don't own a barbecue/grill.  My finacee has it at her house in Nashville.  [:(]
View Quote

NO GRILL!?!
Way to go microwave man!
[:D]

Webers are quality and fairly cheap - what's stopping you?
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 11:33:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

NO GRILL!?!
Way to go microwave man!

View Quote

I am incredibly cheap!  

Plus, I'm building a new patio on the house and don't want to get a grill until I'm done (kind of as a reward for myself).
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 11:39:52 AM EDT
[#11]
yeah, went to poor richard's and had their chicken fried steak "plano's best" lunch.  whatta gut buster!!
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 12:01:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

NO GRILL!?!
Way to go microwave man!

View Quote

I am incredibly cheap!  

Plus, I'm building a new patio on the house and don't want to get a grill until I'm done (kind of as a reward for myself).
View Quote

Then treat yourself right - get one of those oil drum smoker/grills!! Great for doin' ribs!!
Then - have everyone over for a bbq!
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 12:27:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

NO GRILL!?!
Way to go microwave man!

View Quote

I am incredibly cheap!  

View Quote

Then treat yourself right - get one of those oil drum smoker/grills!! Great for doin' ribs!!
Then - have everyone over for a bbq!
View Quote

I've been wanting one of those for years!

Maybe I will get one when the patio is finished - that would be awesome.  And then everyone would be welcome for beer and ribs!

Now I'm drooling like Homer [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top