Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2002 9:41:59 AM EDT
I'm a Republican, but I have way too many Democratic friends. I can't argue the state of the nation with the depression and all, but it seems there's too much bad news. Snipers, 9-11, corporate scandals, tax evations, war on terrorism, virtually the whole world hates us, even our traditional allies. Is this all Bush's fault? I wonder if he has what it takes to win another election. I'll vote for him, but I don't know if he has the backing to win another election.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 9:50:06 AM EDT
[#1]
It really depends who the Dems run against him. I think most of the problems are due to the previous administrations. The Internet bubble had to burst and that caused most of the financial problems we are having. Remember all medium to large companies invest their liguid assets. A company that was fiscally sound may have had too aggressive investments and now they are laying off.
As far as the world hating us....Where have you been?....Most of the world have disliked us for a long time. That includes these countries we keep giving aid to.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 9:54:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
As far as the world hating us....Where have you been?....Most of the world have disliked us for a long time. That includes these countries we keep giving aid to.
View Quote

I knew most of the world hated us, but when the Brits and the Aussies and the Canadians were opposing us, that kinda hit me for a loop.
It's kinda ironic that the Japs hate us, but we keep buying their cars.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 10:02:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 10:04:32 AM EDT
[#4]
For 2002: From here, it looks like the Republicans fail to take the Senate by losing in MO and NC.  They may keep the House.

For 2004: W. proves the old adage that "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree" by becoming the second one-term Bush.  John Edwards will be the next president.  [B)]

Get used to it.   [:(]

And OBTW, compassionate conservatives and fairminded moderates will insure that the AWB will be immediately succeeded by Son-of-AWB.  [V]

Link Posted: 10/22/2002 10:07:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm a Republican, but I have way too many Democratic friends. I can't argue the state of the nation with the depression and all, but it seems there's too much bad news. Snipers, 9-11, corporate scandals, tax evations, war on terrorism, virtually the whole world hates us, even our traditional allies.[red] Is this all Bush's fault? [/red]I wonder if he has what it takes to win another election. I'll vote for him, but I don't know if he has the backing to win another election.
View Quote

how can you possibly even ask that? youve been hanging around your doobie smoking democrap buddies too much i think.  the Prez is fixing what 8 years of Clinton's  laissez-faire attitude towards everything but himself has done!  listen to Rush Limbaugh for more enlightenment!!!!  
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 10:11:22 AM EDT
[#6]
If he doesn't fix some of the @nd amendment crap, he is toast.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 10:22:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

how can you possibly even ask that? youve been hanging around your doobie smoking democrap buddies too much i think.  the Prez is fixing what 8 years of Clinton's  laissez-faire attitude towards everything but himself has done!  listen to Rush Limbaugh for more enlightenment!!!!  
View Quote

We, as a nation, have short term memory. When times are good, as with the Clinton admin, we only remember his little escapade with the intern. When times are bad, as they are right now, who will the people blame whether it's justified or not? Bush. He's the guy in charge and we're looking to him to get us out of these problems. He probably could, but it would take more than one term of service to do it. I sincerely hope he can win the next election. He seems like a decent man, something that is lacking in most men of power.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top