Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2002 7:18:02 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 8:08:39 AM EDT
[#1]
We live in the outer burbs near Fredericksburg.  Not sure...but I'm leaning towards not taking the little ones out.  My son and I would normally take them around the neighborhood, and we would both be carrying...but that wouldn't make much difference against a rifle.

We'll see...
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 8:14:46 AM EDT
[#2]
as a side note...how many young punk kids do you think will go out trick-or-treating dressed as the sniper?  immagine the leo's headache trying to sort of toy guns from real ones (at night in the dark from a distance).  
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 8:18:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Down here in Richmond, the schools are closed for a second day.  It now seems that a specific threat was given against children in the Ashland note, so what originally appeared to be an overreaction (closing schools), seems more valid.  Todays closings were announced yesterday, but I bet most would have opened had full information been known by EOD Monday.

In other words, Hell Yes! It'll have an impact.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 3:16:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I suspect there are going to a lot of parties and very little trick-or-treating, except maybe in very local areas.

This Halloween, the adults are going to be more scared than the kids. [:(!]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top