Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/21/2002 10:05:17 PM EDT
I wrote the pilot to a tv series idea I had. It's about a group of traveling Elvis impersonators who travel the country and do good deeds. Each one has his own unique trait. One is an ordained minster who preaches the gospel and is anti-violence. Another is a sort of weapons master who travels with an assortment of firearms and knives. Another is a martial arts expert (singled out by the white gi he wears--as opposed to the standard while Elvis jumpsuit). The last one is a computer expert and playes keyboards. They all wear magic rings. In an emergency, they can combine the power of their rings and summon the spirit of The King (like Captain Planet) who decends with an aura of light and fixes things with a musical number. I'm looking for a new producer since the guy I'm using right now doesn't seem to be doing his job. He's always saying that he's "meeting" some people in a few days and that he'll get back to me. However, all I ever see him doing is walking up and down Burnside avenue and loitering at the Hess station in East Hartford. I don't think he bathes regularly, either. I spotted him this morning and he had chocolate smeared all around his mouth. His office is in his car, too. He's not a good listener, either. Every time I pitch a story line on him he goes off on how he and his cousin Julius use to mix his uncle's booze with kool aid and sell it on the corner for a nickel a shot. The good thing is that he works pretty cheap. All I've given him so far is some money for gas and cigarettes. I gave him some money once because he needed a new suit. He bought the suit but I saw it a week later in a consignment shop. I know he's using me a reference on loan applications because I'm always getting calls from financial places asking if he's with me. Anyway, that's where things stand now. If anything happens, I'l let y'all know. I'm trying to think of names for the Elivises so if you can think of any let me know.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 10:08:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 10:12:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 10:13:25 PM EDT
... Kinda like the Bizzaro world to [b]3000 Miles to Graceland[/b] huh?
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 10:49:57 PM EDT
Is this going to be offered to Comedy Central or something? Sounds pretty wacky. USPC40 [img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/img] [url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url] [url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url] [img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 11:05:34 PM EDT
[img]http://www.vibeplanet.com/images/ar15/ermey.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 11:33:52 PM EDT
We're pitching it to the "Renegade" and "Eighteen Wheels of Justice" croud.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 12:53:06 AM EDT
[:|]
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 1:59:56 AM EDT
Originally Posted By blackmanta: I'm looking for a new producer since the guy I'm using right now doesn't seem to be doing his job. He's always saying that he's "meeting" some people in a few days and that he'll get back to me. However, all I ever see him doing is walking up and down Burnside avenue and loitering at the Hess station in East Hartford. I don't think he bathes regularly, either. I spotted him this morning and he had chocolate smeared all around his mouth. His office is in his car, too. He's not a good listener, either. Every time I pitch a story line on him he goes off on how he and his cousin Julius use to mix his uncle's booze with kool aid and sell it on the corner for a nickel a shot. The good thing is that he works pretty cheap. All I've given him so far is some money for gas and cigarettes. I gave him some money once because he needed a new suit. He bought the suit but I saw it a week later in a consignment shop. I know he's using me a reference on loan applications because I'm always getting calls from financial places asking if he's with me.
View Quote
Is your producer........ ......Michael Moore?
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 2:31:12 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 82ndAbn: Well damn. Whatever happened to the 'Flying Elvis'? (plural for Elvis? Elvises or Elvi?)
View Quote
The Flying Elvi..... Scott
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 3:48:46 PM EDT
The working title right now is "The Travelling Elvises" which is kinda' bland. If the thing ever flies, we're going to add new characters as the series progresses so we might call it "The Travelling Elvises and Friends" or something. Some of their friends are Miner Jack (who shows up in the pilot as a guy looking to tunnel around the globe. He wears a miner hat), Slip (a homeless guy who lives in hot rod), and a helicopter pilot. Things are progressing REAL slow.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 5:29:52 PM EDT
Have a lot of scantily clad Showgirls dancing in slowmotion all over the place and have the lead Elvis played by David Hasselholf(sp?) and I think you've got at least a 5 season show! Remember: Just think of the money in world syndications you'll be making.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 5:38:35 PM EDT
Only nobody else can see the showgirls, only the Elvises and the viewers at home. Cool. There should also be a talking animal of some sort. Perhaps a Gila monster or a Wallaby. Oh it should be invisible to all the non-Elvises as well.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 5:41:11 PM EDT
OOOOOO! OOOOO! Wait! One other thing! Screw the magic rings. They should just do what Underdog the real Elvis did when they wanted superpowers! Take a pill of some sort1 the "Master Splinter" of the group should be a liscensed physician of some sort. And the showgirls and the talking animals only show up when they take the "magic pills".
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 6:26:55 PM EDT
Originally Posted By soylent_green: OOOOOO! OOOOO! Wait! One other thing! Screw the magic rings. They should just do what Underdog the real Elvis did when they wanted superpowers! Take a pill of some sort1 the "Master Splinter" of the group should be a liscensed physician of some sort. And the showgirls and the talking animals only show up when they take the "magic pills".
View Quote
Whoa! It's starting to sound like "Hamsterdance." We're talking medium to low budget, family viewing here.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 7:36:32 PM EDT
Originally Posted By blackmanta: Whoa! It's starting to sound like "Hamsterdance." We're talking medium to low budget, family viewing here.
View Quote
David Hasselholf is medium to low budget family viewing!
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 7:57:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/22/2002 8:00:53 PM EDT by Johnny_Reno]
I say name them: Elmer Lee Harvey Cooter Jimmy Lee Butch That way, you'll already attract a Southern audience. Edited to add: Hey, this was my 556th post! Get it? 5.56? Get it now? You know! - Five point five six? Man, am I just too clever or what!
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 7:58:38 PM EDT
Originally Posted By AMHsix:
Originally Posted By blackmanta: Whoa! It's starting to sound like "Hamsterdance." We're talking medium to low budget, family viewing here.
View Quote
David Hasselholf is medium to low budget family viewing!
View Quote
Family viewing? What about "Baywatch?"
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 8:00:11 PM EDT
View Quote
Ok, so ugly showgirls and how much can 4 sugar pills per show cost. Gotta be cheaper than the SFX the Captain Planet thing would have to have. Just 4 pills, next thing you know they doing good deeds, real fast too, surrounded by scantily clad less than marginally attractive women and talking to a Gila monster that sounds just like Ghandi, only pissed off.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 8:14:20 PM EDT
Originally Posted By blackmanta:
Originally Posted By AMHsix: David Hasselholf is medium to low budget family viewing!
View Quote
Family viewing? What about "Baywatch?"
View Quote
Baywatch had good moral values & true life lessons to be learned. It also happened to be set on a beach, girls on beaches wear things like bikinis. Anyone that finds girls in bikinis offensive must never go to a beach then. [;)]
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 9:15:34 AM EDT
Top Top