Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 6/21/2013 10:37:40 PM EDT
[#1]
For those situations when simply having a gun might make a criminal stop.

The problem is, the criminal will have a heck of a time IDing that as a "gun".

If you actually have to use it...

I had one, briefly.

Couldn't hit paper (8x11) from 10 ft away.
Link Posted: 6/21/2013 10:39:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I had one, briefly.

Proof that alcohol and firearms don't mix

Also.... I love your avatar
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 12:56:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the smallest of the .22lr versions... Very nicely built little gun.
I carry it as backup to my EDC, or 3rd gun when I can.

Figure it might be useful as a projectile icepick at Get The Fuck Off Me distances.

Certainly not the best CCW piece / caliber, but if it saves a good persons life, I am all for it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 1:33:41 AM EDT
[#4]

Hedley Lamarr approves.

Link Posted: 6/22/2013 4:19:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Better than a rock.  Barely.

One of the top drug cops in Ga was killed by one of those.  During a traffic stop, shots close in avoiding the vest did him in.  He was left dying beside his patrol car.

DO NOT underestimate them or 22lr.

Didnt the guy he shot 4 times with a 357 mag survive due to his morbid obesity?
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 4:25:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Practical use?  Deep concealment in gun free zones.
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 4:42:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Worked for booth
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 8:32:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Who needs practical uses as a reason to buy guns?
Aint nobody got time fo dat!
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 6:07:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Practical use?  Deep concealment in gun free zones.

But wouldn't a knife be better?
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 6:15:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I got one for defense against bears.

Also, it's carried when I'm camping for shooting snakes.
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 6:32:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 7:10:38 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a friend that threw a guy over a bar during a brawl. Guy popped back up with one of those, shot my buddy in the chest, once. My buddy decided to stop kicking the guy's ass pretty damned near instantly.

He survived but, it fucked up his whole week.

Apparently, the guy left before the cops got there and, oddly, nobody knew the guy with the pocket pistol or could describe him. Practically speaking, my buddy probably started the fight and nobody was tripping over themselves to get the other cat jammed up on a felony for carrying that little cricket into a bar in Houston.

As has been pointed out several times already, the .22 in your pocket is vastly superior to the .45 on your dresser and when you need a gun, any gun is better than none. I'm certainly not going to stand in front of one of them. If the circumstances allowed I would certainly carry something with more "ooomph" but, I'm not going to point and chuckle at the guy who's pointing one of those at me, either.
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 7:11:53 PM EDT
[#13]
neighbor's yap dog
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 7:16:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I know a guy that has one of those revolvers and the belt buckle  that holds it. I bet 99% of the people he meets don't realize it's a real gun.
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 7:20:58 PM EDT
[#15]
I guess you put it to someones chest and pull the trigger. I have shot several of them beyond about 20 feet I couldnt hit a pop can, but there are plenty of people who can shoot small pistols like that one a hell of alot better then I can something with better sights and another 4" of radius.
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 7:22:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Why couldn't you just shoot 22lr out of the 22wmr cylinder? Wouldn't it be like shooting .38 out of a .357 mag?
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 7:23:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Why couldn't you just shoot 22lr out of the 22wmr cylinder? Wouldn't it be like shooting .38 out of a .357 mag?

No, the mag is slightly larger diameter case.  LR will likely rupture.
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 7:29:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never realized that...thought thinly difference was the length of the case, thanks for the info
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 7:54:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I had one, briefly.

That was my experience. I'll buy another if the price is right though. Mine was one of the Freedom Arms? models with the large folding grip.
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 8:02:19 PM EDT
[#20]
You guys that "concealed carry all the time", I bet you don't while wearing only a bathing suit at the beach or wherever you would wear only a swim suit. I carry my NA 22LR any time I have pants on. It's like my other pocket knife, only with more range and bite. I have been swimming with it in pool and salt water and it still goes bang when I pull the trigger. As said before, I don't want to get shot with it. It will probably change some ass hats mind enough to get away from him even if it's a huge guy. Shot placement. Under the chin, let it rattle around in his head, and another at the base of the neck pointing down to rattle around in the chest, ought to do it. I pray it never comes to that. But then don't we all that carry?
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 8:43:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I know a dentist who kept one under his scrub shirt.  He just shoved a bore brush up the bore, and hung it upside down like a neck knife.  He did work on inmates.  In one incident, an inmate grabbed a hygienist and some implement, threatening the dentist, and the hygienist.  The dentist pulled the little gun, and kept the inmate at bay until the corrections officers could enter and subdue Obama's son.

I had one years ago.  Well made.  I used it to dispatch small game that was still kicking after the shotgun knocked them down.  Would be fine for a trapper dispatching critters in the traps.  Being stainless and small, seems like a good choice.

While I'm glad the dentist was ok.. what if shitbag had seen & gotten the gun? Not a good idea to get close to an inmate with a weapon. Again, glad it worked out but..feck
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 8:49:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why wouldnt everyone want one of these?  Small, cheap and well made.  A real gun owner has a moral obligation to own one, even if it never leaves the safe.

I held one for the first time the other day and that is exactly what I thought, It's just..... cool

I just can't decide between the 22LR and 22 magnum. As I own a Smith .357 snubnose air-light already. For practicality reasons this would be more of a just fun to have piece and I have a lot of 22 LR vs the more practical 22 Mag... I just don't know which to get.

wouldn't the .22 mag shoot .22 lr?
ETA: saw other answer, years ago my mom's friend let me shoot her snub .22 mag pistol... put quite a few .22 lr through it with no issue, but I guess We were lucky
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 8:50:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
<a href="http://media.photobucket.com/user/Rachael98/media/ATT2390301.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m102/Rachael98/ATT2390301.jpg</a>

WTF?
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 8:51:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Google YouTube Bruce naa swamp people...he puts one to good use when he falls out of the boat on to a gator...not my first choice...but as a last ditch gun, I'd carry it...seems like someone made a beltbuckle that you could fasten one to the back of...

Saw that episode, and never doubted the little bastard again.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 8:52:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why wouldnt everyone want one of these?  Small, cheap and well made.  A real gun owner has a moral obligation to own one, even if it never leaves the safe.

I held one for the first time the other day and that is exactly what I thought, It's just..... cool

I just can't decide between the 22LR and 22 magnum. As I own a Smith .357 snubnose air-light already. For practicality reasons this would be more of a just fun to have piece and I have a lot of 22 LR vs the more practical 22 Mag... I just don't know which to get.

wouldn't the .22 mag shoot .22 lr?

no, see above
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 8:53:38 PM EDT
[#26]
"To shoot someone in the motherfucking face" is ALWAYS an answer.
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 8:59:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Ridiculous gun deserves ridiculous grips.

Link Posted: 6/22/2013 9:00:18 PM EDT
[#28]
load with cci shot shells. shoot at spent shotgun hulls.

Thats all mine was good for. Sold it after i got an LCP.
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 9:06:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
poverty pistol tbh

once again, you know dick about the subject, as usual.

just go away already.
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 9:09:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I have a friend that threw a guy over a bar during a brawl. Guy popped back up with one of those, shot my buddy in the chest, once. My buddy decided to stop kicking the guy's ass pretty damned near instantly.

He survived but, it fucked up his whole week.

Apparently, the guy left before the cops got there and, oddly, nobody knew the guy with the pocket pistol or could describe him. Practically speaking, my buddy probably started the fight and nobody was tripping over themselves to get the other cat jammed up on a felony for carrying that little cricket into a bar in Houston.

As has been pointed out several times already, the .22 in your pocket is vastly superior to the .45 on your dresser and when you need a gun, any gun is better than none. I'm certainly not going to stand in front of one of them. If the circumstances allowed I would certainly carry something with more "ooomph" but, I'm not going to point and chuckle at the guy who's pointing one of those at me, either.

This guy gets it.

I have one.

It's a gun I can carry places I normally couldn't carry a gun.  We have a neat little concert venue down in "the loop" area of STL, called The Pageant, and they will no-shit frisk you when you walk in the place.  The Pageant is the place where cool, outside of the mainstream bands come to play.  Old Crow Medicine Show played last time I was there, it was an awesome show.  We've got an awesome local cover band (Joe Dirt and the Dirty Boys) that regularly headlines there, and they rock that place to the ground.

I don't really drink much, and you'd be stupid to be walking around STL after dark without a gun of some kind, and you'd also be stupid to leave a handgun in your car in STL.  My little NAA comes with me when I go there.
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 9:10:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Is there any possible practical use for this gun?

Yep, they are quite good at totally slowing down a group of cops shooting an off-duty qualification course.  I think only a black powder cap and ball revolver would be slower to reload.
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 9:12:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I heard some woman in FL kept one in her cooter.

oh yeah, I think she was the subject in this thread.
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 9:19:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I heard some woman in FL kept one in her cooter.

oh yeah, I think she was the subject in this thread.

clicky
Link Posted: 6/23/2013 9:35:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
"To shoot someone in the motherfucking face" is ALWAYS an answer.

LoL
Link Posted: 6/23/2013 10:51:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never realized that...thought thinly difference was the length of the case, thanks for the info

There's also a difference in the barrels.  You can swap cylinders in .22mag revolvers (remove the .22mag cylinder and put in a .22lr cylinder) and safely shoot .22lr, but it's not going to be quite as accurate as using a revolver that was made to use only .22lr, just like an AR-15 with the drop-in .22lr conversion is not going to be as accurate as an AR-15 with an actual .22lr upper.

.22lr:  1 in 16 twist rifling, 0.218" bore, 0.223" groove diameter

.22mag: 1 in 14 twist rifling, 0.219" bore, 0.224" groove diameter

.223Rem/5.56mm:  0.220" bore, 0.224" groove diameter
Link Posted: 6/23/2013 11:17:06 AM EDT
[#36]
I own one and carry it as a BUG or my CC piece when running or working out. Not much but pressed into the gut while grappling with an attacker it could be enough.
Link Posted: 6/23/2013 11:18:37 AM EDT
[#37]
If you applied the "is there any possible practical use for this _____" to most of the stuff in my house, there wouldn't be a great answer other than "I like it" or "it's fun."
Thats ok- this is America... fuck yeah.
Link Posted: 6/23/2013 11:20:52 AM EDT
[#38]
No.
Link Posted: 6/23/2013 11:29:10 AM EDT
[#39]
It's a back-up gun. Some ones standing over you giving you the boot you just empty it into their groin. It would take the fight out of them.
Link Posted: 6/23/2013 11:33:22 AM EDT
[#40]
If it goes bang there is always a practical use for it.
That gun with that round shoved up your nose will take you out just like anything else.
It doesn't have to be a (insert cal. here).
Link Posted: 6/23/2013 11:40:52 AM EDT
[#41]
now i kinda want one.

Link Posted: 6/23/2013 11:50:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/23/2013 11:57:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I have one in a neck holster I wear when I run.

Anything bigger I haven't found a way to carry comfortably when I run.

Get a Safepacker.  Run the shoulder strap through the Velcro flap at the bottom - makes two loops for your arms.  Holds a compact handgun and other essentials between your shoulder blades.
Link Posted: 6/23/2013 11:59:45 AM EDT
[#44]
I like mine it's .22 mag though.

I've shot snakes and an armadillo with it.
And some cans.
Link Posted: 6/23/2013 12:05:30 PM EDT
[#45]
I have one, went by the LGS asking about the new sidewinder. Apparently no one had heard of it. Want the one with both cylinders. While at the LGS one of the venders told me about someone he knew killed a robber with one. Guy was at a Tom Thumb or 7Eleven, while at the counter a perp decided to rob the store at gun point behind him. He couldn't reach for his Glock, so he reached into his pocket and shot the perp, over the shoulder while pushing the perps gun out of his and the cashiers way with one almost point blanking the face. The perp died.
Link Posted: 6/23/2013 12:15:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Not my picture, but this is what mine looks like:

Of course, I had to pay a $5 tax to the ATF, for the Form 4 transfer, since it's an AOW. All total, I have less than $200 into it, though. ($125 for the gun, $40 for the holster, $10 for the engraving, $5 for the tax stamp) I worked for a Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT, all I had to pay for was the engraving, which was done by an outside vendor; I got the gun at cost.
Link Posted: 6/23/2013 12:19:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Knew a mountain guide in Northern Arizona who carried a 8 shooter and a NAA mini revolver both in 22 Win Mag as his defense for 2 and 4 legged creatures. He said it had never failed him and showed pics of a mountain lion he killed with it. Forget how many shots but he did it all with 22 Win Mag

I agree with others as a better then nothing option.
Link Posted: 6/23/2013 12:24:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if there is a clip on cross draw holster for one of these?

My toddler's hand is just the right size for one of these. We have open carry here and since she is now wearing Huggies Pull-Ups... this would be perfect for her first handgun!

Link Posted: 6/23/2013 12:41:46 PM EDT
[#49]
I have the Pug in 22 Mag & purchased the belt clip holster grip thing. It makes the little gun very wide but easier to grip. I took it off because it defeated the purpose of having such a small gun (that grip clip makes it thicker then my BG 380).

Mine has the big dot sight & is very accurate if I wanna take the time to get accurate. I carry mine IWB on my left side, It is a "get off me gun" so I train with it for just that.
I'm not going to take 20 foot shots at a bad guy with it, I'm going to use it if I am fighting to keep my main weapon in my possession & it will be pressed against the bad guys head or chest or wherever when I pull the trigger.

It can go with me everyplace every time no matter what I am wearing or doing.

Saying it is better then nothing is not a rave review but it is true

Link Posted: 6/23/2013 1:50:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yeah. Sneak up on somene with a better gun. Shoot them and take their gun.

Yup...it'd make a great "butterknife gun," to be sure.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top