User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 1:32:26 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

TAGGING for the violent anti P90 rants that will be visited upon this thread once those guys who abhor all things P90/5.7/FN show up.

Thread from a couple weeks back got pretty brutal.

Might not be an issue if they didn't suck hind tit.

That's where the tit goes on a bullpup, duh.

Link Posted: 6/17/2013 1:36:22 PM EDT
[#2]
5.7 is bassically a Strong pistol round and doesn't penetrate barriers well at all(doors/heavy glass ect).  The barrel has a shroud on the out side that makes it look thicker than it is. The actual barrel is very thin. The plastic FCG  my glock has more steel in it lol... I just dont like the looks of it, I was enamored with the Ps90 and the fiveseven but after the first 5k rds.  I sold both they ran fine I just didn't like they way they were wearing in also the cost of feeding them for regular use was a huge down side .
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 1:39:21 PM EDT
[#3]
My local lea gave them up and went back to M4s after shooting people with them.
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 1:46:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The P90, while excellent in the PDW role, is next to useless as a police patrol rifle.  If your department values (PC appearance) that much, you'd be better served with .30-30 lever guns... seriously.

Or .30 Carbines... They're handy, reliable, easy for female officers to manipulate and shoot well, don't make public types make pee-pee when they see it, and the round will do the job at Typically encountered LEO ranges.
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 1:54:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd stick with an AR platform; plentiful out there and easy to service and repair and far more versatile than a P90, which IMO is too much an exotic weapon for regular patrol duty.
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 1:55:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The P90, while excellent in the PDW role, is next to useless as a police patrol rifle.  If your department values (PC appearance) that much, you'd be better served with .30-30 lever guns... seriously.

Or .30 Carbines... They're handy, reliable, easy for female officers to manipulate and shoot well, don't make public types make pee-pee when they see it, and the round will do the job at Typically encountered LEO ranges.
Or... a Mini-14 and use common, easy to source ammo that will do miles better than .30 carbine.

Link Posted: 6/17/2013 1:59:20 PM EDT
[#7]
What's the difference?  Both will kill a dog just fine.

Link Posted: 6/17/2013 2:04:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I didn't see this asked or answered anywhere, so forgive me if it's been covered, but what round are you being issued for the P90/PS90?
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 4:48:56 PM EDT
[#9]
P90s have less terminal effects (in general) than a patrol rifle in 5.56. That means you have to fire more rounds to get the same result.

More rounds in the air means more liability.
Link Posted: 6/18/2013 12:31:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

P90s have less terminal effects (in general) than a patrol rifle in 5.56. That means you have to fire more rounds to get the same result.

More rounds in the air means more liability.

So instead of needing 102 rounds to shoot the wrong truck, 306 rounds will be required.

I hope the bean counters are taking note so they have their budgets in order.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top