Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/19/2002 3:00:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/19/2002 3:01:39 PM EDT by liberty86]
Shoulda come here first, been at kenwood site an hour...morons. I hava a kenwood surround sound model VR-407. It is controlled by a remote model RC-R0609. The remote quit working. The problem is not the receiver, (trust me). Under "troubleshooting", if the remote malfunctions, they say "reset the microprocessor." This is wonderful news, but nowhere do they tell you how to do it. I took the batteries out of it on the off chance that's how it's done. Am I right? (batteries still out). Thanks in advance...
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 3:03:54 PM EDT
is there a small hole on the remote somwhere ... one of the ones where you press the reset button with a paper clip or similar?
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 3:06:43 PM EDT
look for the hole also, I'd unplug the receiver for awhile and reset that
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 3:43:46 PM EDT
Hey. Try this. If it doesn't work, let me know.. FUNCTION SW:A POWER SW:OFF Set the POWER SW ON while depressing the A=B key. Then release the A=B key. Or it might be this: Turn it off unplug it plug it back in WHILE holding the powerswitch or turn it off press on/standby WHILE holding the power switch
Originally Posted By liberty86: Shoulda come here first, been at kenwood site an hour...morons. I hava a kenwood surround sound model VR-407. It is controlled by a remote model RC-R0609. The remote quit working. The problem is not the receiver, (trust me). Under "troubleshooting", if the remote malfunctions, they say "reset the microprocessor." This is wonderful news, but nowhere do they tell you how to do it. I took the batteries out of it on the off chance that's how it's done. Am I right? (batteries still out). Thanks in advance...
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 3:58:30 PM EDT
Well, no hole in remote. I'm gonna try ire1971's ideas see if they work. I put the batteries back in, still no work. thanks guys. ire, I'll post back here in a bit....
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 4:01:01 PM EDT
Originally Posted By liberty86: Well, no hole in remote. I'm gonna try ire1971's ideas see if they work. I put the batteries back in, still no work. thanks guys. ire, I'll post back here in a bit....
View Quote
Could have saved some time if you own a NVD. My 6015 is a great diagnostic tool for IR remotes [:D]
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 4:32:12 PM EDT
Originally Posted By talbalos:
Originally Posted By liberty86: Well, no hole in remote. I'm gonna try ire1971's ideas see if they work. I put the batteries back in, still no work. thanks guys. ire, I'll post back here in a bit....
View Quote
Could have saved some time if you own a NVD. My 6015 is a great diagnostic tool for IR remotes [:D]
View Quote
I do own nvd, ya wanna 'splain???
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 4:55:35 PM EDT
Originally Posted By liberty86: I do own nvd, ya wanna 'splain???
View Quote
Most remotes use an IR LED to transmit instructions to the controlled device. Looking through the NVD you should see a series of flashes when you press buttons on the remote. If you don't see the flashes you either have dead batteries or you have a bad remote.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 5:22:29 PM EDT
replace the batteries with new ones. does the remote do ANYTHING? sometimes the contact on the button membrane wears out. There exists a kit to refurbish them (pricey) could be crap inside the remote... take apart if you can and clean the inside. try another remote to verify IR channel on Rx works. (try one of those multi unit/function tv remote controllers if you have one.)
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 8:26:03 PM EDT
My Kenwood remote died on me a couple months ago. My system is 10 years old, I thought I was SOL. I went to the Kenwood website [url]http://www.kenwoodusa.com/support/parts_dealers.jsp[/url] and found the best price at East Coast Transistor Parts Inc. It cost me $53 for a brand new remote delivered.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 8:36:59 PM EDT
Check your e-mail. I have the same problem with the same reciever. I will be eternally grateful if someone knows how to fix it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 8:40:21 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ire1971: Hey. Try this. If it doesn't work, let me know.. FUNCTION SW:A POWER SW:OFF Set the POWER SW ON while depressing the A=B key. Then release the A=B key. Or it might be this: Turn it off unplug it plug it back in WHILE holding the powerswitch or turn it off press on/standby WHILE holding the power switch
Could you explain this a little clearer for us electronically challedged folks?[:)]
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 4:28:59 AM EDT
Ok, here's what happened. Took out old batteries and installed new ones before I posted here. Went round and round. Finally put new batteries on a digital tester. 1 battery showed -3.62 volts...WTF?? Got 2 new batteries, tested them ok. Installed, remote works fine. First time I've gotten a bad battery out of the box. ..... Oh, 1 of the old batteries also tested the same way. Anyhow, that's what happened. Thanks for all the responses/help guys.
Top Top