Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 10:30:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I will go with..

1. Christine
2. Wraithe

Link Posted: 10/20/2002 10:48:19 AM EDT
[#2]
There are really only 2 REAL car movies...

1) LE MANS

2) GRAND PRIX

The CANNONBALL would be third . I clearly remember " THE SEA -TO- SHINING SEA CANNONBALL MEMORIAL TROPHY DASH ". I even had a chance to discuss it with Brock Yates at the 50th Annual Sports Car Club of America Convention held in Boston in Feb.1994 . The guy IS A REAL PIECE OF WORK !

Link Posted: 10/20/2002 10:51:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
In the first movie Eleanore was a 73 mustang while in the second it was supposed to be a 67 Shelby. No real Shelbys were thrashed in the movie.
View Quote

Zoinks!  It _has_ been a long time since I've seen the original!  Not being a big Fordfanatic Rustangs tend to look alike to me.  Even if it was a plain jane L6 '67 it still saddens me to see old American cars trashed to make Hollyweird movies.  Please, feel free to destroy all the late model Japcrap, Euro-sedans & minivans you like but leave classic Detroit iron alone.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 11:03:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Absolutely Vanishing Point.  The original with Barry Newman, not the ^%@! remake.

How about Dukes of Hazzard. I almost cried when I read how many 68 / 69 Chargers got thrashed during filming.  There is still a shortage of them in Cali.
BTW Did you know that Cooter is running for Congress!

Fritz
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 11:59:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Oh my god!

I think I remember what you guys are referring too as the "Cannonball" movie.

Its the one with David Caradien(aka Grasshopper)drivin a trans am around with his screwball mechanic?

Another godawfull ,tripped out '70's flick.[:)]

Can anyone here tell me why Caradien got so much face time in the '70's ?

He's an awfull actor,and an even worse sex symbol-toughguy-super hero type.

Although he was clearly a better choice to play the lead in Kung Fu than Bruce Lee.[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 12:03:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 12:11:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Anything with a MOPAR in it!!!!!!!

Bullett (Bad guys car)
Vanishing Point I
Vanishing Point II
Blade I
Blade II

"Takes a Mopar to Catch a Mopar"
"My Mopar eats Chevys and shits Fords"

That ought to get a rise outta someone.
View Quote

Phantasm + the sequals...Hemi 'Cuda (I think)
The Forsaken:  late 60's Charger
Blue Velvet: 1st generation Charger
Joe Dirt: 'Cuda & Charger Daytona/Superbird (not sure which)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top