Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2002 12:05:30 PM EDT
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/771717/posts[/url]

In 1991, after George Hennard shot 22 people to death at a Luby's cafeteria in Killeen, Texas, Sarah Brady said the mass murder
showed the need for a federal ban on "assault weapons." Brady, the head of Handgun Control Inc., wrote an op-ed piece in which she
asked, "Is it going to take a massacre in every congressional district for enough members to find the backbone to put public safety
ahead of the profits of the assault weapon lobby?"

It was an odd connection to make, since the pistols Hennard had used, a Glock 17 and a Ruger P89, were not covered by the legislation
Brady was demanding. A decade later, she and her organization, now called the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, are still trying
to pass off non sequiturs as common sense.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 12:44:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 12:54:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
. . . are still trying
to pass off non sequiturs as common sense.
View Quote

This is profound.  It is too bad Americans have so little common sense or education to understand the principles of logic.  [:(]
View Quote

I agree completely[V]
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 1:05:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 1:16:57 PM EDT
[#4]
There are 30 million of us, and just about 1000 politicians.  I think we would be able to remove them, before they got their henchmen to remove us.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 2:32:31 PM EDT
[#5]

What's worse is the complete lunacy of ballistic fingerprinting of any AR15 type modular weapons system, which can be %100 defeated in under 10 seconds by swaping uppers.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 2:35:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Was worry about a gun database you ask? No need to worry any further. There is already a gun data base.

Do you have a concealed carry permit? No

Do you have a Class3 weapon? No

Have you bought a gun and filled out a 4473? No
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 3:00:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What's worse is the complete lunacy of ballistic fingerprinting of any AR15 type modular weapons system, which can be %100 defeated in under 10 seconds by swaping uppers.
View Quote

Or most (semi-)auto handguns, where it takes about the same time to simply swap barrels.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 3:01:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There are 30 million of us, and just about 1000 politicians.  I think we would be able to remove them, before they got their henchmen to remove us.
View Quote

Dittos

Jay
[img]http://members.cox.net/azcop/images/iroc-cop.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 3:12:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

SHHHHH!!!!  

Your going to give them their next best reason why this weapon will fall under the "Common Sense Gun Laws" category!

I can just see it now.

The arguement against that would be of course  that other weapons have similar systems and even bolt action rifles could swap but it "would take longer".

Laws like the 10 bullet limit and no evil accessories is a great example of this kind of fuzzy, uneducational logic that will eventualy win over the hearts of the sheeple.

Link Posted: 10/18/2002 4:19:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 10:09:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Judging by the level of professionalism and competency that those in charge of firearm legislation, regulation and enforcement have exhibited over the past three decades, I have little fear of any actual productive benefits occurring as a result of a national database.

I would agree, however, that we're all in deep do-do if (somehow, some way) they learn how to use those newfangled Post It Note thingies.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 10:44:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Coup
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 10:49:52 PM EDT
[#13]
AR15.com is a National Gun Database ...(I'm just here to write a report on "Gun Freaks" for school)  Seriously though ...your guns are registered whether YOU know it or not.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 10:55:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
AR15.com is a National Gun Database ...(I'm just here to write a report on "Gun Freaks" for school)  Seriously though ...your guns are registered whether YOU know it or not.
View Quote

buy a dremel tool and build your own.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 7:30:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wonder if the feds would take the time to write down what guns we claim to have when we post here...

OK mr. federal agent, if you are listening, I am just an aging overweight wannabe whos disability money from the job at the lumberyard has ruled out the pssibility of buying my own weapons. I read a lot about guns, and I claim to own things I dont own. So dont bother putting my name on the list, cuz i dont really have guns.

PS, does my old BB gun count?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top