Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2002 10:26:24 AM EDT
No Word About Serial Sniper From National Rifle Association

(Fairfax, VA) -- The biggest pro-gun organization in America is not involving itself in the Washington, DC-area serial sniper case. Despite several calls placed to the National Rifle Association, no one from the NRA has been available for comment. And even though the random shooting spree is pretty much the talk of the nation, it's mentioned nowhere on the NRA's list of top news headlines. The site refers to the case only to fault lawmakers for using the killings to call for stricter gun control measures. The National Rifle Association is headquartered not far from the most recent fatal shooting linked to the sniper.

1018 Metro Networks
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 10:55:34 AM EDT
[#1]
They won't talk about it.
The wont send people to debunk the lies being put out on television.
Even though their HQ is in the area, they havent sent anyone to talk to the people who have been harrassed by the FBI

And people wonder why I don't send them money?
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 11:01:31 AM EDT
[#2]
The silence of the NRA, much like muslim leaders in regards to 9/11, is evidence that they support the actions of the snipers.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 11:03:29 AM EDT
[#3]
This seems to happen every time I start feeling guilty and consider joining-they blow their own foot off.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 11:04:44 AM EDT
[#4]
They have the best range in the area...Gotta wonder if they turned over their logs like Clarks did.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 11:09:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Not one word from them on this.....THAT SUCKS !!!
But since the shootings started I have received three seperate mailings from them wanting more money, straight to the trash they go.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 11:46:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The silence of the NRA, much like muslim leaders in regards to 9/11, is evidence that they support the actions of the snipers.
View Quote
7000+ posts and you FINALLY said something I agree with [:D]

[b]NRA[/b][heavy]
[XX(]

Quoted:
Not one word from them on this.....THAT SUCKS !!!
But since the shootings started I have received three seperate mailings from them wanting more money, straight to the trash they go.
View Quote

If you still have them, bring them to the AZ shoot so we can more properly "indicate" your decision to not join them.[;D]  

Then we'll mail them back in their self-addressed return envelope.

[b]NRA[/b][rocket]

Link Posted: 10/18/2002 12:18:45 PM EDT
[#7]
nothing on the sniper, just a statement on ballistic fingerprinting.

[url]http://www.nraila.org/NewsCenter.asp?FormMode=Detail&ID=2053[/url]
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 12:43:35 PM EDT
[#8]
You might want to think about things in another light.......

You don't make marriage plans in the bedroom, you wait until passions cool a bit and discuss the relationship over dinner or in the living room.........At least if you have 1/2 a brain on your shoulders.

I'd be astonished if the NRA had ANYTHING to say at this point when the population is upset.Presenting any arguements when people are so supercharged emotionally can be counter-productive.

The time to talk about ANYTHING is when things cool down a bit. There are a lot of *s out there that will blame the NRA for this now that they're emotionally distaught.

Immediatly after Columbine, I had an * neighbor come to the house and start blaming ME (personally)for the tragic events there. After all, didn't I support that awful NRA?

He went on and on about hi cap mags, etc, etc.

Course, about a month later, he had changed his tune a bit after he cooled down, but during the heat of it all, there was NOTHING I COULD SAY OR DO to shut him up, short of socking him with a roll of quarters in my fist. And that would have been counter productive.

Let things cool down a bit so the NRA can be more effective.

Another thing, every time you guys in places like NJ and MD hear of a case where RKBA would have saved someone, why not call Sarah and the MMM and blame them?
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 12:49:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I didn't know that the serial sniper was from the NRA...
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 12:58:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Capt. Piccolo is right.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 1:01:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 1:01:22 PM EDT
[#12]
he's NOT from the NRA

But let's face it, there are a lot of idiotic emotional people out there eager to blame something.

Let's put it this way: 15% of the populace are shooters. 15% are antis. 70% are on the fence.

To many of them, ANYTHING the NRA says is going to either inflame them or sound like they're trying to squirm out of something.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 1:12:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Have any of you actually tried to contact the NRA about this or let them know that you wish they would try to do something about all the anti-gun crap the media is throwing out, or are you just listening to the media which says they are staying quite?  You know the same media that says he was using a Kruger or that anyone can be a sniper because their news lady hit the target at 25 yards with a scoped AR?

I sent an email to the NRA on Tuesday and got this reply back on Wednesday.  It's not much of a response but at least it is something.  I had suggest that the NRA add to reward for the sniper and let the public know that they don't support the sniper in any way at all.

-----------------------
Thank you for your comments regarding the crisis in the DC area. I am
forwarding your comments to our Executive Offices. As you know, this is
also the NRA area and several of our staff members live in this
vicinity. The NRA has a long history of condemning tragic acts of
violence and calling for the enforcement of our laws, including murder,
of course, and will continue to work hard to protect the Second
Amendment for all Americans. We pray that this killer is quickly caught
and brought to justice.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 1:43:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You might want to think about things in another light.......
View Quote

piccolo, I see your point to a certain extent, but....

You don't make marriage plans in the bedroom, you wait until passions cool a bit and discuss the relationship over dinner or in the living room.........At least if you have 1/2 a brain on your shoulders.
View Quote

Not really an accurate analogy.  It's actually more like going on a date for the first time.  You take the woman out for a nice evening on the town.  But at a nightclub, some drunk idiot starts hitting on her.  Should you ignore him and let her keep taking the abuse in the hope that she'll be impressed with your passive nature?

I'd be astonished if the NRA had ANYTHING to say at this point when the population is upset.Presenting any arguements when people are so supercharged emotionally can be counter-productive.
View Quote

Hell, I'd be astonished if the NRA said anything, period.  When is the last time you remember them being front and center in the public's eye on any issue?  And for you NRA cheerleaders out there, I don't want to hear the standard, "They can't get the press to talk to them", line of crap.  The press would love to talk to the NRA right now.  The NRA is just too damn afraid of facing public opinion.  Pathetic.

For supposedly being the most respected, despised, etc., 2nd amendment lobbying group in D.C., they sure haven't learned that the battle is won with public opinion.

The time to talk about ANYTHING is when things cool down a bit. There are a lot of *s out there that will blame the NRA for this now that they're emotionally distaught.
View Quote

I couldn't disagree more.  The time to be out there is when the media and the antis are whipping up a frenzy with the people.  Tell the truth, preach the word, and counter the B.S. with a healthy dose of common sense and knowledge.  Sure the people are distraught; it's learned behavior.  If Dan Rather were to ring a bell on TV, they'd probably start to salivate.  Years of being spoon fed "information" without any counter opinion has the masses trained quite well, no?

Immediatly after Columbine, I had an * neighbor come to the house and start blaming ME (personally)for the tragic events there. After all, didn't I support that awful NRA?
View Quote

That alone should point out the obvious to you, shouldn't it?  

He went on and on about hi cap mags, etc, etc.

Course, about a month later, he had changed his tune a bit after he cooled down, but during the heat of it all, there was NOTHING I COULD SAY OR DO to shut him up, short of socking him with a roll of quarters in my fist. And that would have been counter productive.
View Quote

Yep, belting the guy wouldn't be the right way to handle it.  But was that the only option?  

Let things cool down a bit so the NRA can be more effective.
View Quote

The NRA lost the initiative.  At this point, the only people who will pay attention to what they have to say are those of us who already know the truth.  Preaching to the choir isn't very effective at gaining new converts.  I'm sure that many "fence-sitters" have now made up their minds.  Good luck to the NRA in trying to convince the masses now, after all the misinformation they've been given.

Another thing, every time you guys in places like NJ and MD hear of a case where RKBA would have saved someone, why not call Sarah and the MMM and blame them?
View Quote

Because, piccolo, Sarah et al don't care.  Unfortunately, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, and while the Brady Bunch is making quite a noise, the NRA is running along just as smoothly and quietly as always, ain't it?
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 1:46:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
... I'd be astonished if the NRA had ANYTHING to say at this point when the population is upset.Presenting any arguements when people are so supercharged emotionally can be counter-productive. ...
View Quote

Agreed!

I don't know what the NRA's strategy is at the moment, but part of winning any battle is trying to join it when you have the high ground, not when your opponent does.

I’d rather fight a battle tomorrow and win, rather than fight it today and lose.

However, I also strongly agree with [b]SWIRE[/b] that the NRA should add to the reward.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 3:23:21 PM EDT
[#16]
I sent an e-mail to them today, demanding to know why they have not been in the media, and what they plan on doing about the gun-grabber lies, ballistic fingerprinting, the FBI/BATF reviewing and allegedly copying 4473's.

I donate every year, they at least owe me a response.

Right?

Hello?

Is this thing on?

ok, I'll wait here, then.[sleep]
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 3:56:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
... I'd be astonished if the NRA had ANYTHING to say at this point when the population is upset.Presenting any arguements when people are so supercharged emotionally can be counter-productive. ...
View Quote

Agreed!

I don't know what the NRA's strategy is at the moment, but part of winning any battle is trying to join it when you have the high ground, not when your opponent does.

I’d rather fight a battle tomorrow and win, rather than fight it today and lose.

However, I also strongly agree with [b]SWIRE[/b] that the NRA should add to the reward.
View Quote

Until this happens, I ask that all patriots watch NRA members very closely and report any suspicious activity to the TIPS program. I see no problem at all with law enforcement stopping and searching all vehicles that have NRA or other gun organization bumper stickers. If you have done nothing wrong, you should have nothing to hide.

Together we can help the Office of Homeland Defense protect our freedoms in this great democracy!

LET'S ROLL!

Important phone numbers and websites to remember:

BATF 1-800-283-4867

[url=tips.fbi.gov/]FBI Tips and Public Leads[/url]
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 3:59:58 PM EDT
[#18]
More and more I get the feeling conservative groups and candidates are politically inept.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top