Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 3:49:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Can't be a "back to the future" artifact. No way we'll have racist slave owners on our coins in 2067.

ETA: On the other hand, a "chocolate" nickel is a possibility . . .
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 3:52:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Something very wrong..

I work at a rare coin shop so I will try and sound like I'm not talking out my ass..

First red flag is the P mint mark. Coins minted in Philli lack mint marks. The only coin to ever have a P mint mark was the 35% silver " war" nickels from 1942-43

And then such a new nickel its worn as shit.. Like moar wear then there should be that makes me think its the wrong kind of metal. What does it weigh?

People are counterfeiting EVERYTHING now.. They may have tried to make a error verity in hopes of bringing moar money

I don't know much of anything about coins other than I collected some when I was little so I will try and sound like I'm not talking out of my ass.

The first thing I did was google 2067 nickel and look at the pictures and that instantly threw up a red flag because I could see that the inside of the nickel was clearly made out of chocolate. The Philadelphia mint doesn't make any of their coins out of chocolate, so I'm pretty sure it's counterfeit.

http://i.imgur.com/hbkjzjB.jpg

Well sounds like you've pretty much got it
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 3:55:57 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Something very wrong..

I work at a rare coin shop so I will try and sound like I'm not talking out my ass..

First red flag is the P mint mark. Coins minted in Philli lack mint marks. The only coin to ever have a P mint mark was the 35% silver " war" nickels from 1942-43

And then such a new nickel its worn as shit.. Like moar wear then there should be that makes me think its the wrong kind of metal. What does it weigh?

People are counterfeiting EVERYTHING now.. They may have tried to make a error verity in hopes of bringing moar money

I don't know much of anything about coins other than I collected some when I was little so I will try and sound like I'm not talking out of my ass.

The first thing I did was google 2067 nickel and look at the pictures and that instantly threw up a red flag because I could see that the inside of the nickel was clearly made out of chocolate. The Philadelphia mint doesn't make any of their coins out of chocolate, so I'm pretty sure it's counterfeit.

http://i.imgur.com/hbkjzjB.jpg

Chocolate doesn't melt in the future?

Link Posted: 6/11/2013 3:58:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Something very wrong..

1) Maybe it was minted in 1950, so it's not actually new.

2) Maybe there will be a war in 2067
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 3:59:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I thought of this at first:
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 4:00:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm a time traveler, and I'll try not to sound like I'm talking out of my ass. In 2028, the Govt. decided that use of physical currency and coin had reduced to the point that only one mint needed to operate. The last operating mint is the Philadelphia mint. So proud they are of that distinction, they started marking their coins in 2030, after the other mints went off line. So, in 2067, the P mint mark is correct.

Hello fellow traveler, might I add to the discussion?

Quoted:

No that's the right kind of metal for a nickel in 2067.  In fact, all US coins, nickles, quarters, dollars and five dollars, are made from pot metal since the demand for nickel, zinc and copper went through the roof after the Autonomous Drone Wars started up back in 2041.

ETA:  That nickel is from the historic coinage series that the Mint did back in 2067.  Nowadays the coins are very different.  They are hexagonal, bilingual and have Jimmy Carter on the nickel, Clinton on the Quarter, Obama on the dollar coin, and former three term President Sheila Jackson Lee on the five dollar coin.

June 16, 2019

NEVER FORGET!!

Link Posted: 6/11/2013 4:02:10 AM EDT
[#7]
A milk chocolate nickel.

Dark chocolate FTMFW!  
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 4:02:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Fake. But kinda "Total Recall" cool.  Do you really think we can keep "in God we trust" on our coins for 50 more years? Just wondering.

"LIBERTY" should already be removed.

Link Posted: 6/11/2013 4:02:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Fake. But kinda "Total Recall" cool.  Do you really think we can keep "in God we trust" on our coins for 50 more years? Just wondering.

I find it harder to believe that Philadelphia will still be anything more than a walled-in asylum for junkies and corrupt politicians in 50 years
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 4:06:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Can't be a "back to the future" artifact. No way we'll have racist slave owners on our coins in 2067.

ETA: On the other hand, a "chocolate" nickel is a possibility . . .

Link Posted: 6/11/2013 4:10:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Something very wrong..

You don't know when they're going to use the "P" mint mark in the future!
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 5:00:53 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Something very wrong..

And everyone knows the 2060-72 nickel has President Biden on it.  Of course, that was after President Malia Obama caused the complete collapse of the remaining PDRUSA economy, hence the term "not worth a Biden".

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top