Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2002 6:04:13 AM EDT
This morning Fox and Friends addressed all of the email pouring in about the "Kruger" and AK-74/ AK-47 comments.  They stated that they got the info from the Police incharge of the investigation! One email, they explained, did clear up the 47/74 issues, saying that the 74 did exist, and a little about it's caliber.  

The "friends" said they were no experts on firearms, and regretted the mistake on "Kruger", but they got the info directly from the police.  That just shows us how incompetant the investigation is.  I'm wowed!
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 6:09:39 AM EDT
[#1]
where do i take my mini30 to get the upgrade?........they will make it into a  kruger....no?......[:E]
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 6:40:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 7:22:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm confused...what exactly are we talking about here??

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 7:33:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Sgtar15
View Quote

Pitiful Fox News said that the murder weapon could be a "Kruger" Mini-14.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 7:45:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I read that on Foxnews.com and emailed them yesterday about "Kruger".  BTW the AK-74 is a 5.56mm version of the AK-47.

I believe Foxnews does a good job reporting unlike CNN who has their own profiler fingering a white male with a black assault-hunting type rifle.

Shok
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 7:58:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Ahh but if I put my Kreiger on my Ruger do I have a Kruger or a Reiger?
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 8:06:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Qshok:  actually, it is 5.45, not 5.56, which just further uncovers the bungling.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 8:07:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
BTW the AK-74 is a 5.56mm version of the AK-47.
View Quote

Ummm, no.  The Ak74 is chambered in 5.45x39.  Slightly differant then the 5.56.  However, you can buy semi-auto AK variants chambered in 5.56, don't know about full auto AKs in 5.56

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 9:28:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sgtar15
View Quote

Pitiful Fox News said that the murder weapon could be a "Kruger" Mini-14.
View Quote

In their defense, they got the info from the police.  Other news networks apparently reported the same thing.  I just don't understand why they don't actually hire on an "expert" on firearms when something like this comes up to check the material they are putting out to  see if it is correct. Hell, they could even write the piece for them instead of just copying the reports by other sources.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 1:53:27 PM EDT
[#10]
YOU cant buy an AK in .223, but one or two of the AK-100 series rifles are in 5.56mm.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 1:59:19 PM EDT
[#11]
The Poles manufactured an AK assault rifle chambered in 5.56mm when they entered the NATO alliance.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 2:35:24 PM EDT
[#12]
News reporting:

From what I have heard about news reporting is that there are three news reporting type agencies, one is the Associated Press, and I cannot remember the other two. But anyway all three agencies have contracts with local news agencies. Any information that is given to say the Associated Press news agency from a local news agency for example will go out nation wide as to  what they are reporting is the facts. That is why you see stations such as Fox,CBS,NBC,and ABC say all the same things, because they all get there information concerning issues from the same source.
So if the begining source information is wrong, then all the major news agencies get it wrong.
All the major news agencies get all there information off of the same news wire sources.
From what I understand this is how the news industry works.

That is why we are hearing alot of the same information and my personal opinion for the matter is that is why this whole news reporting on the shooting incidents is so caotic!

The news reporters are just robots, they sit there and read what comes off of the news wires, that is the way news reporting agencies work.

Talk shows are a little different! Especially the more conservite talk shows, they are not bound to the contracts so to speak with these news agencies such as the Associated Press! Talk shows can question the information and critize the information, and really try to find out what the facts are in the news!

Concerning reporting truthful facts towards firearms is not in the political favor of the people in charge of the news reporting agencies.  

So simply saying why dont these news stations do there own investigation into firearms and get the truthful facts will never happen.

The goal of major news agencies is  directly connected to the goals of the gun grabbers of america, thus this is why so many of us firearms owners can see the blatant bias towards news reporting concerning firearms.

Also when you want an expert concerning firearms most people will consider that the ATF and FBI are the experts on firearms, not your average joe smoe citizen. A government official gives the appearance of an expert in these issues, not like someone from the NRA,or Thunder Ranch ect. The populace will see it more credibable comeing from a government official, or local law enforcement agency, rather then from someone else.

To us gun owners we can see the miss-information being told, but to the average citizen that does not know a single thing about firearms, well they cant tell the difference, and if an ATF agent gets up says and says something, then for the most part your average citizen will take it as gold!

Appearance and reputation is key to news reporting, not truth and facts!

Link Posted: 10/18/2002 2:41:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
 That just shows us how incompetant the investigation is.  I'm wowed!
View Quote

Incompet[b]a[/b]nt?

INCOMPET[b]E[/b]NT!

[b]K[/b]ruger?

[b]R[/b]UGER!

Let's call the whole thing off!
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 3:09:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Gotta watch those [url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=149308]Kruger[/url] models that have been going around.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 3:31:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Gotta watch those [url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=149308]Kruger[/url] models that have been going around.
View Quote
                                           Again...I ask......WHERE do I get that evil bayonet upgrade???????
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 3:54:20 PM EDT
[#16]
At least they're getting better.

Earlier this week on Fox and Friends they said it was either an AR15 or an M14 and the ex-homicide detective they were interviewing agreed. Some southern boy called in and set them straight about Mini-14 vs. M14 and they blamed the police for the bad information. But, again, the cop they interviewed agreed it was an AR15 or an M14.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 5:52:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Kruger Mini 14:

Very rare and valuable rifle produced in the early 80s.
It was a joint project, produced by the [b]Kroger[/b] grocery store chain, with the help of [b]Ruger[/b] Firearms.
Sold in the produce section of Kroger grocery stores unitl the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban.
edited to add......[;D]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top