BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 3:58:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 5:20:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Imagine the shakedown you'd have gotten if you also happened to have a white van or truck in the driveway?

Makes me wonder if they're not in the process of
cross-checking the list of AR/AK owners with DMV records of white van and truck owners?
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 5:36:00 AM EDT
[#3]
It's time to take your three-day bug-out-bag and camp on the mall in DC.  This is outrageous.  Sure, letters are nice, but show of FORCE is effective.

Peaceful assembly would be quite a demonstration.  

Who's going to plan it?

Scott
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 5:41:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I own 3 .223 rifles, all on 4473s and have shot at Clark Bros. in the past 6 months. Noone has said anything to me yet, but I will let you know if they do.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 5:50:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So the govt is for sure keeping a list of what we own now???? Im feeling extremely paranoid and contemplating selling my rifles. I can't be getting a visit from the Fbi if some nut starts shooting people in my town , it will ruin my reputation and hurt my business.
View Quote

And this guy, folks, is the reason why the JBTs feel free to do shit like this.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 5:52:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It's time to take your three-day bug-out-bag and camp on the mall in DC.  This is outrageous.  Sure, letters are nice, but show of FORCE is effective.

Peaceful assembly would be quite a demonstration.  

Who's going to plan it?

Scott
View Quote

I'd love to.  I think there'd be about ten of us, though, since most guys wouldn't want to burn a couple of vacation days to do it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 5:57:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
...  I'm calling the FFL that transfered my AR to me to see if they have been visiting.  

Hopefully they don't bother me.. but I'd rather not be caught off guard when they show up.
View Quote

If they did, he was probably told not to divulge the information under threat of "obstruction of justice" or "hindering an investigation."  Don't believe him - assume they did!
View Quote

he could say "I can't Say" which is the closest thing to YES withought saying "yes" that he could get away with.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 6:01:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Seems my name came up on the list
of people who own AR-15s....now if
that isn't proof of gun registration,
I don't know what is...

BTW, I didn't buy a PRE-BAN, but a
POST BAN, which only has to go thru
4473 and NICS, not the MD State
police.....guess the FIB has a list
of all guns sold in this country
from FFLs.....

Anyway, I never met the FBI dudes personally.

My grandmother wouldn't let them into the
door or talk to them, just gave them
my mother's phone number...
View Quote

Sounds to me like you come from a VERY GOOD family!

(I'm hearing impaired BTW, and wouldn't have heard the
doorbell)
View Quote

I wonder what would have happened if they rang the bell, got no answer, but saw you with your AR-15 "playing", (cleaning or carrying, guys), with it in the house.

Anyway, my mother talked to them on the phone
and seems they also visited another guy
on my street, a lawyer who owns two "rifles".,....
View Quote

Be interesting to see the attornies reaction...
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 6:08:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I sold ALL of my black rifles.
View Quote

Those things don't shoot straight anyway. Its just a waste of money to own & buy ammo all the time when you can just buy black cat firecrackers and make the same noises without hurting anything. I would rather have the money to use towards food and clothing for my family, which is why I no longer own any firearms...
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 6:12:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Isn't this list of firearms and their owners against a written law?
View Quote

I am pretty sure they get around that by making gun dealers keep records of everything.  They just confiscate the dealers records or make copies of things that interest them.

I'm expecting a visit from the feds.  Just found out [red]the ATF confiscated the logbook of the range I go to.[/red]  I'm calling the FFL that transfered my AR to me to see if they have been visiting.  

Hopefully they don't bother me.. but I'd rather not be caught off guard when they show up.
View Quote

' beg your pardon? You have to LOG IN to shoot? Who's bright idea was that? Is this an nra sanctioned range??
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 6:12:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 6:18:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
' beg your pardon? You have to LOG IN to shoot? Who's bright idea was that? Is this an nra sanctioned range??
View Quote

You know-- when they take your Driver's license or membership ID, you would think they would record that information, and sometimes make a note of what firearms you were shooting... whether you own them or not. (Some of these places usually employ off-duty police officers...)

Also, some places also make you sign in, like Collin County Gun Range nearby. They also take your license. Who knows if they also write down your DL number somewhere...
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 6:41:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Lawsuit time!

Where the hell is the NRA, 2AF, and GOA?
View Quote

BWAAHAAHAAHAA!!!

ROTFLMAOTIPMP!!!

Oh that is SO f@cking funny!!

Yeah right! Like the NRA and GOA are REALLY there to oppose the Bradyites and protect the RKBA! [rolleyes]

Hey what's the NRA and GOA done for Donald G. Arnold, the Viet Nam vet and Maryland's "Citizen of the Year" who had all his guns confiscated last year because of a MISDEMEANOR conviction he got TWENTY YEARS AGO! (Answer: NOT A F@CKING THING!)

[b]The NRA and GOA can just go F@CK themselves![/b]

The ACLU powerhouse legal machine for the left makes the NRA and GOA look like a little girl's lemonade stand!

The NRA and GOA are nothing but a self-serving money pit that soaks morons for annual membership dues and gives them nothing but a stupid bumper sticker in return.

What was the last legal case that the NRA or GOA actually WON that fully restored anyone's RKBA and overturned any of the thousands of asinine and obviously unconstitutional gun laws anywhere in the country???

NRA[heavy]
GOA[rocket]
[XX(]

Link Posted: 10/18/2002 6:41:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The time is drawing near boys. What's it gonna' be?

Are we going to passively sit by and allow this miscarriage of Constitutional freedom happen without lifting a finger?

We have to mobilize on a public awareness campaign to highlight these "investigations" which borderline on being conducted in an illegal fashion.

Where's the NRA, SAF, etc???
View Quote

While I'm not,(and never will be), a member of the nra, I have sent a link to this thread to my state GOA representative,(and personal friend). We will be chatting by phone later this AM,(now 0730 here). I also will talk to Alan, or one of his staffers at Second a
Amendment foundation today. I have worked with these people before, and am well known by them. I will keep members posted on what I can find out.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 6:45:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are we going to passively sit by and allow this miscarriage of Constitutional freedom happen without lifting a finger?

We have to mobilize on a public awareness campaign to highlight these "investigations" which borderline on being conducted in an illegal fashion.

View Quote

While I'm not,(and never will be), a member of the nra, I have sent a link to this thread to my state GOA representative,(and personal friend). We will be chatting by phone later this AM,(now 0730 here). I also will talk to Alan, or one of his staffers at Second a
Amendment foundation today. I have worked with these people before, and am well known by them. I will keep members posted on what I can find out.
View Quote

Yeah, I won't hold my breath.

Link Posted: 10/18/2002 6:45:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
ATF agents last week confiscated the sign-in log from the firing range at Clark Brothers Guns in Warrenton, Va. The log included the signatures, some illegible, of customers who had used the range during the past six months, said owner Steve Clark.
View Quote

Thats where I go shooting [:|]

And Samuel.. thanks for the offer, but I don't think I have anything to worry about.  And fleeing the state wouldn't look very good [;D]
View Quote

Skeet, will you e-mail me a phone #, address, and contact person for the range? Make sure it's a # a person is at rarher than a recording. Thanks...
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 6:47:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just a book so they could keep track of whos next when the range is full and how long they have been there I guess, noone checks ID or anything, I don't think I have even seen anyone from the range even look at the book. If its still there the next time I will just sign it "Al Gore"
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 6:48:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Skeet, will you e-mail me a phone #, address, and contact person for the range? Make sure it's a # a person is at rarher than a recording. Thanks...
View Quote
I gotta hand it to ya'

You got more faith than I.

I'm watching...

...and learning.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 6:50:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Lets do it. Ten million patriot march!
I vote liberty86 as our speaker. Maybe we can get a pole to show us how many would show up and how many friends they will bring. I would not what do be the only one. I get too much of that already. We could all be wearing the same t-shirt and really whoop-ass.
Samuel
View Quote

Samuel, if you are serious here, I am honored, I really am, however, there are those here far more articulate than I,(and I think many more here who vehemently disagree with your assesment of me).    [:D]
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 6:56:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
That is the problem i doubt we will hear from any of them. JPFO or GOA might issue a response but i can promise you the NRA will be nowhere around. In fact i almost expect the NRA to endorse the police actions.

mike
View Quote

Actually, the NRA has been around, and responding to a lot of the crap going on with the DC shootings:

'No Comment'

[pissed]

Link Posted: 10/18/2002 7:00:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Gents, this is the reason you should never fill out 4473.  Buy off paper or make your own from 0% to 80% forgings/castings.  And never ever submit to bullshit registration schemes.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 7:06:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
I gotta hand it to ya'

You got more faith than I.

I'm watching...

...and learning.
View Quote

Mac, I got respect for you..... I have worked with both of these groups in the past, and gottten results,(push my "user info" button).
While you are correct about the ACLU, it's only because GOA and SAF,(GOA and SAF does have something nra does not, DEDICATION!), don't have the resourses that nra mis-uses...
I KNOW these people, it's early in the west, let me make a few calls, and someone get me the range info please. Also info on FFL's who have had a visit. Thanks...
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 7:10:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
That is the problem i doubt we will hear from any of them. JPFO or GOA might issue a response but i can promise you the NRA will be nowhere around. In fact i almost expect the NRA to endorse the police actions.

mike
View Quote

Actually, the NRA has been around, and responding to a lot of the crap going on with the DC shootings:

'No Comment'

[pissed]

View Quote

I have seen both GOA, and SAF on fox or cnn. They are there when invited.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 7:14:34 AM EDT
[#24]
It's 0805 here, 'scuse me, I have some calls to make. I need that info from you guys back east, will return in an hour or so...
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 7:15:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
So the govt is for sure keeping a list of what we own now???? Im feeling extremely paranoid and contemplating selling my rifles. I can't be getting a visit from the Fbi if some nut starts shooting people in my town , it will ruin my reputation and hurt my business.
View Quote

And this guy, folks, is the reason why the JBTs feel free to do shit like this.  
View Quote

Caving in a little early in the game eh quail..
sheesh
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 7:32:48 AM EDT
[#26]
It's a sad day in hell.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 7:35:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
What is the section of the US code that prohibits them from doing this?

I'd like to be able to quote it when I complain, where do I find it?
View Quote

U.S. Code, Title 18, Chapter 44, Section 922. [url]http://uscode.house.gov/title_18.htm[/url]

NATIONAL INSTANT CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK SYSTEM
     Section 103 of Pub. L. 103-159, as amended by Pub. L. 103-322,
   title XXI, Sec. 210603(b), Sept. 13, 1994, 103 Stat. 2074; Pub. L.
   104-294, title VI, Sec. 603(h), (i)(1), Oct. 11, 1996, 110 Stat.
   3504, provided that:
     ''(i) Prohibition Relating To Establishment of Registration
   Systems With Respect to Firearms. - No department, agency, officer,
   or employee of the United States may -
       ''(1) require that any record or portion thereof generated by
     the system established under this section be recorded at or
     transferred to a facility owned, managed, or controlled by the
     United States or any State or political subdivision thereof; or
       ''(2) use the system established under this section to
     establish any system for the registration of firearms, firearm
     owners, or firearm transactions or dispositions, except with
     respect to persons, prohibited by section 922(g) or (n) of title
     18, United States Code, or State law, from receiving a firearm.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 7:35:40 AM EDT
[#28]
I WOULD DO THIS IN THE CASE OF THE FBI KNOWING WHAT FIREARMS I HAD.
I would go to the dealer I bought the particular firearm from that the FBI found out that I had. I would ask that dealer how the FBI found the sales of that particular firearm that I bought from them that was supposed to be kept confidential from ANYONE except for the dealer themselves and only if the Feds had a legitimate reason to suspect a certain individual firearm that was specifically bought at that specific dealer. The FBI isn't supposed to be able to walk into a firearms dealer and order to give up all names of customers and sales for ALL guns whether they were used in a crime or not.
Then tell that dealer to go F--- themselves and you will take your business to a more trusting, less Federal-ass-kissing dealer.

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 7:43:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

U.S. Code, Title 18, Chapter 44, Section 922. [url]http://uscode.house.gov/title_18.htm[/url]

3504, provided that:
View Quote

1 sounds like its saying the FFLS arnt supposed to send in the 4473s even when the go out of buis.. BURN THEM!.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 8:30:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

3504, provided that:
View Quote

1 sounds like its saying the FFLS arnt supposed to send in the 4473s even when the go out of buis.. BURN THEM!.
View Quote

This section pertains to NICS only.

UPDATE: I have talked to GOA national. Larry Pratt, founder and excutive director, is in Florida speaking at the "Sawgrass Rebellion". I urge Florida members to try and attend. I am expecting a call back from som Eric, who is in the middle of dealing with another issue.

Second Amendment Foundation; Talked to staffer, am expecting a call back from senior staff, they are busy,(as usual), too.

I have not received any info from members here on contact info back east, I need those names and contact info.

Mac..[:D]... we are dealing with national organizations here, and a national issue. These groups have other irons in the fire,(SAF was involved with "Emerson".),(GOA director is in Florida on another Freedom issue). Please be patient. Gotta go, keep phone free. Need info from back east. thanks...
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 9:10:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I bet they went to the local gun dealers and said-let us see the 4473s and the dealers said sure go harass my customers
View Quote

The largest Gun shop in Norfolk VA is BOB'S GUNS has been fighting this fight for a year now. He told them to F off. They are going to trial soon
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 9:12:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

3504, provided that:
       ''(1) [red]require[/red] that any record or portion thereof generated by
     the system established under this section be recorded [red]at[/red] or
     [red]transferred to[/red] a facility [red]owned, managed, or controlled[/red] by the
View Quote

I OFFERED MY SERVICES, FREE OF CHARGE, TO THE GOVERNMENT TO KEEP A RECORD OF THESE  TRANSACTIONS. I AM NOT PAID BY THE GOVERNMENT, I AM A PRIVATE COMPANY AND MY BUSINESS PROPERTY IS NOT OWNED BY THE GOVERNMENT. I AM ONE OF A THOUSAND DIFFERENT LEFT-WING ANTI-GUN GROUPS THAT COOPERATES FREELY WITH THE GOVERNMENT TO OFFER THIS SERVICE. I AM DOING THIS IS A FAVOR TO ONE OF MANY SENATORS.

[RED] AND YOU THINK THERE IS NO LEGAL WAY TO GET AROUND THE LAW??????????????[/red]
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 9:26:37 AM EDT
[#33]
I've got things to do today, please see my thread here;

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=149506[/url]

I have still not heard from anyone...be back later
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 9:31:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bet they went to the local gun dealers and said-let us see the 4473s and the dealers said sure go harass my customers
View Quote

The largest Gun shop in Norfolk VA is BOB'S GUNS has been fighting this fight for a year now. He told them to F off. They are going to trial soon
View Quote

Please call Bob, see if he's willing to talk to me, send me contact info, thanks..
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 9:59:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Imagine the shakedown you'd have gotten if you also happened to have a white van or truck in the driveway?

Makes me wonder if they're not in the process of
cross-checking the list of AR/AK owners with DMV records of white van and truck owners?
View Quote

It was already reported on CBS evening news that the FBI HAS been using a database that contains everthing from parking tickets, who owns .223 guns, and undoubtedly DMV records. When I brought this up the response was stupid tin foil hat remarks. You all deserve to get your guns confiscated.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 10:17:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
BD, the time is always drawing near, I am at the end of my patience, I say if the AWB is renewed, the revolt begins.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 10:43:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

3504, provided that:
       ''(1) [red]require[/red] that any record or portion thereof generated by
     the system established under this section be recorded [red]at[/red] or
     [red]transferred to[/red] a facility [red]owned, managed, or controlled[/red] by the
View Quote

I OFFERED MY SERVICES, FREE OF CHARGE, TO THE GOVERNMENT TO KEEP A RECORD OF THESE  TRANSACTIONS. I AM NOT PAID BY THE GOVERNMENT, I AM A PRIVATE COMPANY AND MY BUSINESS PROPERTY IS NOT OWNED BY THE GOVERNMENT. I AM ONE OF A THOUSAND DIFFERENT LEFT-WING ANTI-GUN GROUPS THAT COOPERATES FREELY WITH THE GOVERNMENT TO OFFER THIS SERVICE. I AM DOING THIS IS A FAVOR TO ONE OF MANY SENATORS.

[RED] AND YOU THINK THERE IS NO LEGAL WAY TO GET AROUND THE LAW??????????????[/red]
View Quote

You don't have to shout.

I think what you are proposing would still violate subsection (2).  The courts have already ruled that the FBI can keep the records of people who are approved by NICS for audit purposes for 90 days.  So I have no doubt that they can bend this law.  I wonder how many of these people who are being contacted bought guns in the last 90 days (assuming the FBI [i]actually[/i] is destroying the records after that point).
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 10:54:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
You all deserve to get your guns confiscated.
View Quote

Guns?  What guns?

I only have "plowshares" these days.

They've all got black handles, though! Uh-oh.

[img]http://www.fortunecity.com/westwood/mosaic/73/plaque1.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.un.org/cyberschoolbus/untour/imgswo.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 11:29:33 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'm all in support of our President, but he's a politician, just like the rest of them.

This crap couldnt have been at a worse time for us, prior to the 2004 elections, you can bet the farm gun control WILL be an issue next time around.

Bush beating Gore - THANK GOD, but I'm starting to feel that we're just delaying the inevitable.

Just like papa Bush screwed us over regarding the 'black rifles' I can see Jr. caving too.

Republicans by name arent our friends, they've 'helped' the anti's more than us, heres the proof:

[url]http://reformed-theology.org/html/issue11/dont_blame_liberals.htm[/url]

Don’t Blame Liberals for Gun Control

by Richard Poe

NEWSMAX.COM - Anti-gun crusaders seem worried about the advent of a Republican administration. Heaven knows why. Republicans, in recent years, have managed to do nearly as much damage to the Second Amendment as Democrats.

View Quote

Pay attention, boys and girls. The D's and R's are not going to do anything for RKBA. I am contemplating voting Libertarian, for this very reason.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 12:11:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
A funny thing happened today.
I sold ALL of my black rifles.
View Quote

Me too, 'Legs.  In fact, I just got rid of everything I had.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 12:38:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Any update from the orig. poster?  Although it appears valid, some confirmation would be nice before we stick our collective necks out.

[url=http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=149506]Check this link[/url]
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 2:11:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Please call Bob, see if he's willing to talk to me, send me contact info, thanks..
View Quote

I called and had to leave a message.

BOB's guns,746 Granby street. Norfolk Va ,  757-627-8311
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 2:23:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 2:35:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

You don't have to shout.
View Quote

I think what you are proposing would still violate subsection (2).  The courts have already ruled that the FBI can keep the records of people who are approved by NICS for audit purposes for 90 days.  So I have no doubt that they can bend this law.  I wonder how many of these people who are being contacted bought guns in the last 90 days (assuming the FBI [i]actually[/i] is destroying the records after that point).
View Quote

Sorry, wasnt meant to be a shout =)...Just different from the rest.

Are we sure that itis actually the FBI that does the background check? Or is it a NON-GOVERNMENT office with access to FBI files?

What I am saying is, THAT law does NOT prevent the government from giving ALL NICS INFO to a (private) THIRD PARTY to do what they want with the info...All the government has to do is ask that THIRD PARTY for the information back.

Yes, NICS is supposed to purge the information after a certain time period, but you are sadly mistaken if you think that they actually do.

What I am really saying is that there MANY WAYS to get around that law. The key word in it is "REQUIRE".
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 4:55:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 6:56:49 AM EDT
[#46]
If the FBI has your gun registration, they have your SSN.  They know what you own, your credit rating, where you work, and how much you make. Scary huh?
View Quote

I was in Social Security the other day and they asked me my total household income. When I made a guess at it they looked it up on their computer...Low and behold, they're connected to the IRS..She had everything she needed right at her fingertips...Social, where worked, annual income, shoe size, etc...They already know everything about you...

And who was it that said your SSN would NEVER be used as a national ID number?
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 1:15:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
And who was it that said your SSN would NEVER be used as a national ID number?
View Quote

The same federal government that said they would never keep a gun owner database.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 1:25:51 PM EDT
[#48]
More Gun Control! confiscation!!!! fuck it...
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 1:32:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh I'm up on events,just didn't think being a gunowner made you a suspect.

Guess that means there are.......what? Some 80+ million law abiding gunowners,now reguarded as suspects in this country?
View Quote

[b]WE ARE AT WAR[/b] and during wartime, everyone is a possible suspect. Don't you forget that.
View Quote

you forgot to say Maggot! you know "Don't you forget that maggot!"
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 2:13:29 PM EDT
[#50]
ARMM,

If you really mean what you just said.........I can only label you one of the sheeple,or an outright idiot.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top