Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2002 4:51:20 AM EDT
Read in the latest Newsweek about the sniper shootings. One article talked about "sport snipers" posting in "sport sniper chat rooms" on the internet about the sniper. Are they referring to places like AR15.com???

CRC
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 5:34:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't think they're referring to AR15.COM (in particular). Mostly, they're referring to sites like Sniper Country (www.snipercountry.com) and others who specialize in the sniper's art.  Remember, AR-15s are designed to spray inaccurate high-power bullets from the hip out to ranges of 2 miles.
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 5:52:02 AM EDT
[#2]
One news program went on to quote one of the sniper websites, they read the statement on the home page of the site that spoke of how they feel about this "killer" and how 'he' has nothing to do with thier website which mainly caters to proffessionals such as LE and Military snipers as well as competition shooters. I believe it was [url]snipercountry.com[/url] or [url]snipercentral.com[/url]and they also visited a sniper club at a range and interviewed one of the guys. It was refreshing to see that none of his statements were taken out of context, and also refreshing to see that he didn't choose 'Bubba in full tac gear' for an interview. For a news report I found it very fair with no 'sensationalization' of the facts. The reporter seemed to be genuinely interested in the truth and even though he looked like a liberal qu&&r, he had nothing bad to say about the shooting culture and it's many websites, and above all he took no stance on gun control issues.... Maybe he was afraid to say anything bad with a real live sniper standing next to him..j/k[}:D][}:D]
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 6:19:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Historically its good to remember that at the time of the American Revolution ..the majority of Americans did not support independance from England ...
The Torys fought openly against their countrymen as both military and spies...and a good many people tried to remain neutral.
In the end ..many good patriots who had given their all both financially and physically were penniless and though once wealthy and prosperous died in poverty..
I think the numbers of loyal Americans the ones who would truley sacrifice is even lower now..
We are in for a long hard fight...and with the Orwellian nightmare of a TV in everyhouse and those who control the TV and most all media hating America or at least the America the founders envisioned ...the way they do..
Expect a long road with many setbacks.. prepare for the worst but pray for the best outcome
They are going to be difficult to defeat the way the public schools turn them out at such a high rate..
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 10:33:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I see no difference in Newsweek labeling all gun owners "snipers" and people here labeling all muslims "terrorists". It is called hysteria.

Why aren't the gun owners organizations holding press conferences apologizing for the 9 deaths? Their silence is proof that they support the assasinations.
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 10:40:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Why aren't the gun owners organizations holding press conferences apologizing for the 9 deaths? Their silence is proof that they support the assasinations.
View Quote

Umm... because they didn't DO it.  As a gun owner, I won't apologize for the shootings.  I will give my sympathies to the victims and their families.

But I will NOT apologize for that nutcase's actions, simply because I own firearms.  

Link Posted: 10/17/2002 10:50:09 AM EDT
[#6]
And all of our guns are sport utility sniper rifle's.
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 11:15:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I see no difference in Newsweek labeling all gun owners "snipers" and people here labeling all muslims "terrorists". It is called hysteria.

View Quote

i consider myself kind of a connoisseur of irony.
thanks for my "taste of the day".

however, no one but the perps can offer an apology. i do hear [b]condemnation[/b] of this crime in the gun community. perhaps not so much from islamic leaders.
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 11:36:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Is Newsweek labeling all Muslims terrorists?
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 11:42:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

How about, "All terrorists are muslims"?
[:D]
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 11:47:21 AM EDT
[#10]
I dont own a AR 15, I own a Rock River LAR 15 and its a sport utility rifle.... Bluemax
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top