Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2002 11:43:55 AM EDT

ON SNIPER BEAT: Geraldo Rivera Posing For Pictures With Hooters Girls, Autographs Buttocks
Tue Oct 15 2002 10:39:47 ET
By MICHAEL ZITZ
The Free Lance-Star

Geraldo Rivera has a knack for getting to the bottom of a story.

The larger-than-life Fox News reporter swooped into Fredericksburg and spent the weekend to file reports following Friday's sniper shooting at the Four-Mile Fork Exxon.

He arrived at the scene at midday Friday, strutting around in a black leather jacket and blue jeans.

By 6 p.m. on the day of the shooting, Rivera was autographing the seats of Fredericksburg Hooters waitresses' skimpy orange shorts--while the women were in them.

The Hooters restaurant is located only about 50 yards away from the crime scene.

"He was posing for pictures with the Hooters Girls and signing their [rear ends]," said Geoff Leach, a Caroline County resident who was at the restaurant late Friday afternoon.

"I thought it was pretty tasteless, considering the timing and the proximity to the scene of the killing," Leach said. "It was a circus atmosphere."

A spokesman for Fox News Channel in New York said the Hooters autograph session was only part of a wider Rivera autograph spree that was perfectly harmless.

"He was all over the place," said FNC spokesman Robert Zimmerman. "He was giving autographs at the Waffle House next to the gas station, he was giving autographs to Spotsylvania sheriff's deputies, he was giving autographs to truck drivers."

Rivera declined to talk directly to a reporter, but relayed a comment through Zimmerman.

"He said he was honoring the requests of his adoring fans," Zimmerman said.

Asked if that was inappropriate under the circumstances, Zimmerman said, "That's personal opinion. I wasn't there. I don't know."

Zimmerman also said Rivera wasn't really covering a murder story, but a story on the sniper.

Management at the Fredericksburg Hooters declined to comment on Rivera's actions there, but one of the waitresses involved confirmed the details.

Hooters has a corporate policy forbidding waitresses from being quoted in the media, but one said: "I got his autograph. I don't like him, but I got it for my mother."

The waitress said all work and no play would make Geraldo a big bore.

"That's his job," she said, glancing toward the crime scene. "He has to have fun in his personal life."

Staff writer Betty Hayden Snider contributed to this report.

END

Link Posted: 10/15/2002 11:49:34 AM EDT
[#1]
You know, I've always wanted to throw a chair at him and break his nose.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 12:05:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll hand you the chair.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 12:11:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Can we have a "Who WAA"...!

as we saw over and over --- He be a NewsWhore.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 12:13:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Geraldo?  Tasteless?  NEVER!!!![:D]
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 12:15:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lordie how I do miss those good ol' days.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 12:17:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I remember that!!  That was the satanist show, wasn't it?  That's the one I think that really got his career going, wasn't it?
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 12:18:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Lordie how I do miss those good ol' days.
View Quote

Ben,

What's w/you and the nose ???

And now my wife wats to buy a church too!

Link Posted: 10/15/2002 12:19:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I remember that!!  That was the satanist show, wasn't it?  That's the one I think that really got his career going, wasn't it?
View Quote

I think it was the KKK show.Irv Rubin of the JDL was there as well.Hes now sitting behind bars for some terrorist threats agaisnt mosques here in So Cal.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 12:21:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I still don't understand why Fox hired him.  When I look at him all I see is "Al Capone's vault".  This boob has absolutely zero credibility in my book.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 12:22:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

[img]http://www.sports-point.com/images/Geraldo%20Rivera.jpg[/img]

[b]Me Too ![/b]
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 12:26:55 PM EDT
[#11]
"He was posing for pictures with the Hooters Girls and signing their [rear ends]"
View Quote

Gotta love those brackets.  LOL

-kill-9
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 12:28:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Ain't none a them Hooters gals wanted to autograph HIS posterior, though. It's do greasy that even a felt tipped wouldn't stuck.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 12:32:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I think it was the KKK show.Irv Rubin of the JDL was there as well.Hes now sitting behind bars for some terrorist threats agaisnt mosques here in So Cal.
View Quote

That's it!  I remember now...I remember being shocked at the craziness...now it's just par for the course on network television.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 12:34:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Now that Geraldo is on the case we can wrap this shooter case up in a hurry.  NOT!

Where ever he turns up things go bad.  

Someone mentioned Al Capone's Vault - nothing.

He went to Tora Bora to get UBL - nothing.

Link Posted: 10/15/2002 12:48:11 PM EDT
[#15]
What Jerry Rivers at it again?? That's his real name. Geraldo just sounds more impressive. I had hopes the Taliban would have shot him, or at least somebody else.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 1:14:37 PM EDT
[#16]
He gives scumbags a bad name.  I always wished he'd film a special where he would undergo a vasectomy performed with a rusty bayonet.  [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 1:41:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
He gives scumbags a bad name.  I always wished he'd film a special where he would undergo a vasectomy performed with a rusty bayonet.  [rolleyes]
View Quote

I'd be happy to donate [url=http://www.civilwaroutpost.com/bayonet.JPG]this one[/url].
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 1:54:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd be happy to donate [url=http://www.civilwaroutpost.com/bayonet.JPG]this one[/url].
View Quote

Ouch!  Now that would have to hurt. [:D]
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 1:59:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
What Jerry Rivers at it again?? That's his real name. Geraldo just sounds more impressive. I had hopes the Taliban would have shot him, or at least somebody else.
View Quote

Jerry Rivers???

Hell, he claims to be a JewRican Doesn't he?

Oops
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 2:16:34 PM EDT
[#20]
It was a Hammerskin who broke his nose (A racist skinhead organization).  Thats what he gets for putting anti-semites and militant jews on the same show, its like mixing acid and drano, you just don't do it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 2:44:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Good ole' Jerry Rivers.  You gotta admit, he's managed to make a career (a good one at that) out of doing whatever it is he does.  

God Bless America!
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 6:55:37 PM EDT
[#22]
you all know geraldo was a night court lawyer in nyc before he became whoraldo the news hawk?
mcole
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top