Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2002 1:10:03 PM EDT
OK I know this will never happen, but I'd love to see it!

What would your reaction be if George Bush got on national TV and said, "Instead of starting a war that will adversely affect millions of Americans and Iraqis, I challenge Saddam Hussein to a fight to the death in empty-handed combat.  Hussein, if you think you're so tough, meet me in the coluseum at Rome on December 1, 2002 at high noon, or reveal yourself to be a coward in front of the whole world!"

Personally, I think that would be the ideal way to solve the whole US-Iraqi dispute.  They could either fight to the death, or whoever submits first would have to resign their presidency to be exiled to some lonely island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

How would your opinion of George Bush change if he made such a statement?  For me, on a scale of 1-100, my current respect for the man is about a 5 or 8.  If he did the above, though, I'd probably have to bump up that number to around 70 or 80, depending on how well Dubya fights; even if he got creamed, I would have to take my hat off to him for his guts.

Bush is roughly 10 years younger than Hussein, but Hussein appears to be a little bigger, and both men seem to be in pretty good shape.  It would be a good fight, I think.

Now, I know Congress may have some words for Bush after making such a statement, and those United Nations ninnies would probably call him a neanderthal, so this is naturally a purely hypothetical question.  Don't get bogged down in the logistics.  So how would your opinion of Bush change if the above were to happen?
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 1:32:27 PM EDT
[#1]
He would be a fool, he has the mightest armies the face of the earth has ever seen.  Send them in and mop Saddam up in 72 hours.  

I would not lose sleep if he put saddams head on a pike on the whitehouse lawn though...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top