Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2002 9:10:41 AM EDT
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/768404/posts?page=1[/url]
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 9:19:43 AM EDT
[#1]
So far this year there have been 292 public executions in Iran, most of the victims hanged from cranes in public squares. Those executed included a former member of Iran's national wrestling team, a leading economist, several housewives and many young men under the age of 18.
View Quote

[red]Religious police[/red] have started appearing on the streets again as they did after the revolution in 1979. Last week they arrested 120 guests at three private parties in affluent suburbs of Teheran and charged them with mingling with the opposite sex and dancing. More than 50 newspapers have been closed over the past 18 months.
View Quote

Five young men were hanged in a bus station in Teheran 10 days ago, the day before a European Union delegation arrived. The men were said to be gang rapists but relatives insisted that they were students. The subject was not raised by the EU delegation.
View Quote

Peacefull religion my ass...
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 2:39:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm glad their finally ridding society of those deadly housewives.[rolleyes]

I watched a 60 minutes program about Saudi Arabia.Apparently women can't drive.We know they can't show any part of their body,including their face.

Also outlawed are booze,music,movies,dancing,ponagraphy,dissin the state,just an all around fun place too live.

Cripes no wonder these people are standing in line to blow themselves up.They can't even hold their girlfriends hand in public ,muchless give them a kiss.

They never let thier people get loose or have any fun.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 2:47:54 PM EDT
[#3]
People like the New York Times are blaming this crackdown on the Bush administration.  They think their aggressive foreign policy is undermining any headway that moderate politicians are making in Iran.

All horseshit, of course.  There is no moderate political force of any legitimacy in Iran, the country's run by a corrupt oligarchy of Mullahs who are losing control over the young population of Iran, who are sick of living in a theocracy.

When we take over Iraq and have a strong presence there, the Iranian liberals are going to be very emboldened. Ithink they'll have a good chance of overthrowing the Islamic revolution, especially if we're willing to help.  

I really believe the Iraq invasion will be a two-fer for human freedom in the middle east.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 2:54:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Saw one show that said they have all kinds of ways to get around their religion.

They arrange marriages that last as long as it takes to get their rocks off and then get divorced.

Kids date by driving around, were it's harder to get caught.

Freaks can't even follow their own religion, but will kill everyone else.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 2:56:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Well everything evil springs from president Bush,don't you know that?

All the light ran outta the world when Clinton left office.

Seriously though,I agree with you.Either the liberals will be emboldened on thier own,or the hardliners will panic and do something awfull to embolden them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top