Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2002 5:29:59 PM EDT
I just got these back. I went on my first drill weekend since basic and brought along a disposable camera that I had developed onto a Kodak CD.

Nothing high speed, just rifle qualification at Fort AP Hill in VA over this past weekend. Great bunch of guys. Can't swing a stick without hitting a SGT though. [:)]
I'm about one of the only PVT's in the place. My Platoon and Squad SGT's roasted me after I came back from weapons turn-in. I heard they were looking for me and when I reported they took me out back like I was in some serious ka' ka'. They'll tell me once the 2nd LT get's there. Well, after letting me bake for a few they fessed up and just wanted to say congrats for getting expert qualification with the M16 earlier that day. I swear I could've puked on 'em they had me so nervous! Funny afterwards though. Anyway, check 'em out. Might bring back a few memories for some of you.

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/mk1iii%2FMy%2520Pictures0026a%2Ejpg[/img]
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/mk1iii%2FMy%2520Pictures0023a%2Ejpg[/img]
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/mk1iii%2FMy%2520Pictures0017a%2Ejpg[/img]
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/mk1iii%2FMy%2520Pictures0022a%2Ejpg[/img]
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/mk1iii%2FMy%2520Pictures0019a%2Ejpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 5:36:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like fun.

Resist the urge to drink until the drill is done for the day. Once you start drinking before one night fire or a beer during a late afternoon compass course the next thing you know you are chugging a vodka and orange gatorade mix all day the next drill and trying to drive the hummer blitzed because you are less drunk than everyone else.

Always stick your hand up to attend a course or go shooting, unless your job won't let you go.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 2:16:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Happy.

BTW- the M16 is a Hydromatic A1 switched over to A2 some time ago with three round burst. Interestingly, the Governor had blocks installed on all the weapons that prevented the selector from moving to burst. Don't ask me how, but they almost all the blocks broke and once again allow full operation. Crazy politics!
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 2:33:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Those could be the Market Garden limiters for AO 5 (or whatever they call riot locked and cocked now-a-days). They are required for civil supression missions.

We had them mounted for a year after the first Malice Green trial in Michigan. They really thought Detroit would burn-----I could of told 'em the whole town burned each Devil's Night, what was left to torch?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top