BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2002 2:59:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 3:11:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 3:12:03 PM EDT
[#2]
the fact that this stuff seems to be going on elsewhere is of course tragic but kinda interesting too. makes me think that the feds (and others) have been doing a decent job lately. also makes me wonder WTF the bad guys are thinking. are they trying to give the rest of the world more sympathy for whatever the US decides to do in the name of the war on terror?
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 6:56:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Holy shlt!! I had a great time in the Sari Club when I was there 2 years ago on shore patrol in the Marines.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 7:30:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like they're trying to close the Bali tourist industry. This is an old Muslim ploy. They did the same thing in Lebanon when that country was a hot tourist spot for gamblers and sun worshippers. Now look at it.

Getting the tourists out is the first step in setting up a fundamentalist Islamic state. Indonesia is already Muslim, so I guess in this case they're trying to put pressure on the Indonesian govt. or perhaps they just want to kill infidels.

I don't see the war on terror having much hope in Indonesia. That's a whole different ball game.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 7:33:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Better fire up the CD players.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=148330[/url]

Scott

Link Posted: 10/12/2002 7:34:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Man, I hate Muslims. Death and destruction wherever they are.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 7:44:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I think that sooner or later, it'll come to open war between all extremist/fundamentalist muslims and ALL the rest of us.

It'll be pretty one-sided, with the muslims losing by the millions,  that is, once the rest of us make up our minds that this is deadly serious and there's to be no quarter asked or given.   How can you do that when your enemy believes that anyone who isn't muslim can only be killed or converted, and coexistence isn't possible by THEIR rules?

As far as I know, only the Sunni branch of the Muslim religion tolerates other religious beliefs.  

Muslim extremist beliefs are incompatible with peaceful coexistence with non-muslims, period.
And it WILL become a deadly serious issue on a global scale before too many more years pass.

If this comes to pass, it may be the first war fought in centuries where churches and mosques will be considered to be valid targets of opportunity by both sides.   Scary.

CJ

Link Posted: 10/12/2002 7:48:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
As far as I know, only the Sunni branch of the Muslim religion tolerates other religious beliefs.  
View Quote

That's not correct, man.  The difference between the Shi'ites and Sunnis is something pertaining to whether the Caliphs had to be descendants of Mohammed, or something like that.

The Wahabis of Saudi Arabia and the Taliban were Sunni muslims.  There's nothing about the Sunni sect that makes it more tolerant per se.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 7:57:37 PM EDT
[#9]
    The Balinese are Animists, not Muslims.  And yes, even though the majority of the Indonesian population is Moslem...  the Balinese have retained their very separate identity and belief system.
    Both Denpasar and Kuta Beach suck big time...  mostly because of Western tourism and all the crap that seems to have to go hand in hand with the tourist industry in general.  The majority of the island is great...  as are the native residents.

W
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 8:04:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

That's not correct, man.  The difference between the Shi'ites and Sunnis is something pertaining to whether the Caliphs had to be descendants of Mohammed, or something like that.

The Wahabis of Saudi Arabia and the Taliban were Sunni muslims.  There's nothing about the Sunni sect that makes it more tolerant per se.
View Quote

yeah but for the most part sunnis are more tolerant. "jihad" is originally a shi'a concept if my recollection serves me. point about wahabis well taken though.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 8:20:07 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm surprised there has not been more coverage of this, with close to sixty dead, its the biggest truck bombing since Kobar Towers and the two Embassies in Africa.

I believe most of the dead tourists will end up being Australian, the Aussies just had their 9-11 wake up call.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 8:27:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
    The Balinese are Animists, not Muslims.  And yes, even though the majority of the Indonesian population is Moslem...  the Balinese have retained their very separate identity and belief system.
View Quote

And I bet the Muslims absolutely despise them for that.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 8:38:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

And I bet the Muslims absolutely despise them for that.
View Quote

Exactly, and that it why it's open season on Christians as well.

The first step in the Islamic overthrow of Bali is to rid it of foreigners and cripple its economy.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 8:46:38 PM EDT
[#14]
foxnews.com reporting 110 dead.  Everyone say a prayer.  I really hope this changes a few minds in the world...maybe even mr. peace, Jimmy Carter may have a change of mind......naw.  He would rather try to negotiate with mass murders.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 9:01:29 PM EDT
[#15]
MY GOD!  110!

[:(]
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 9:02:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Where's Ronald Reagan when you need him...

Quadafi tried this in Europe (nightclub bombings), and it earned him a visit from the Aardvarks...

Anyone for 'El Dorado Canyon II'????

Someone needs to get bombed back (big-time) for this, and I wonder if Bush will step up and take a swing... I hope he will...
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 9:55:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Try 171 and climbing with more than 270 injured.
[url]http://apnews1.iwon.com/article/20021013/D7MKF8Q00.html[/url]

The carnage is massive. I don't know what kind of bombs they used but they must have been big. The victims include tourists from around the world. Something tells me that we will have no more problems forming a Multi-National coalition in the upcoming days for our war on terror.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 10:11:57 PM EDT
[#18]
The USS Cole was bombed on that date 2 years earlier.  Points towards Al-Qaeda, or muslims at least.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 1:36:04 AM EDT
[#19]
With every passing day, I'm [b]forced[/b] to eyeball the local Muslims a bit harder.
[:|]
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 2:43:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Hi brothers...

I have also been to Kuta.  It was a nice place 20 years ago.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm ready for the warpath.  There HAS to be a way to resolve all this terrorist action.  What can we collectively do about it?  

It gets harder and harder each day to sit here feeling helpless about all this $hit.  What can we collectively do about it?  

I just wish we knew who the h3ll we are supposed to be watching out for.  What can we collectively do about it?  

The way I see it, the Sh1t hasn't hit the fan, it KEEPS hitting it!  What can we collectively do about it?  

I guess my question is,

What can we collectively do about it?  

~smug
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 2:46:19 AM EDT
[#21]
I hate them.  Hate hate hate them. Fucking sick cult. They're probably partying in the mosques of Indonesia as we speak.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top