Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2002 12:41:35 PM EDT
Hi everyone! Every once in a while I smoke a macanudo with the guys at our hangout. They always talk about cuban cigars and how good they are (they smoked them overseas). I now they are against the law to have in this country, but I don't care. They are only cigars. Where can I get them on-line? You can email me if you are to scared to post :) [email protected].  Thanks alot Jay
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 12:45:44 PM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://www.cuban-cigars-club.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 12:46:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Legal in Canada and Mexico...depends which is closer.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 12:47:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 1:11:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I bought and smoked a couple when i went to canada. they were good but not so much better than any other good cigar.

I think just the fact they they are illeagal and hard to get makes them SEEM to be so much better than anything else.
View Quote

I agree, so much so that I thought I was ripped off.

I'd rather have an Arturo Fuente OPUS X
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 1:56:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 6:15:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I smoked some while in Jamaica. I couldn't tell the difference between the cubans and the dominicans
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 6:26:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I notice a bunch of you boys are going to the islands and smoking nothing but a cigar.

Booooooorrrrrrrrrrring!

Grab some cigarettellos and live it up!
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 6:29:55 PM EDT
[#8]
[url]http://www.cigarweekly.com[/url] is a popular place to discuss cigars.

Edited to add that, although I would NEVER encourage you to smoke something that is illegal for Americans to smoke, anywhere in the world, if they WERE to become legal, I would concentrate on the cigars that use tobacco grown in the Pinar Del Rio region of Cuba. I seem to remember reading somewhere that Cohiba Siglo IV, Partagas Serie D. 4, Bolivar Belicosos Finos, H. Upmann Magnum 46, Montecristo Nr. 2's, Punch Punch, Saint Luis Rey coronas and Sancho Panza Non Plus all have WONDERFUL flavor profiles that I would THOROUGHLY ENJOY if they were only legal.

If you should ever come across an illegal Cuban cigar, you should call the BATF immediately. If you don't happen to have their phone number on you, you could help America by destroying the contriband yourself. I recommend burning it.

Oops, forgot to add that if the cigars are new manufacture, you may have to secure them in a safe place, with proper climate control, (65% humidity & no more than 70-75 degrees F) for up to TWO years before you can be assured of their complete destruction.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 7:04:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Jesse Ventura (our Governor) was recently on a trip down to Cuba...He brought back a few boxes of Cuban cigars.

I would imagine that they were a "gift" from Castro, so that makes it OK for Jesse to have them...Right?

Link Posted: 10/12/2002 7:20:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Strangely enough, Congress exempted itself from these types of things, probably true for governors who may have to enterain congressmen too.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 7:41:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 8:04:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Cubans are overated.  I generally prefer dominicans although I had a Cuban Montecristo in BC, Canada that was so good I almost needed a roach clip to finish it.  The real deal is that a premium cigar will taste like crap without proper temperature and humidity storage conditions.  IMHO...most medium priced cigars taste pretty damn good when stored properly.  I have been quite disapointed by some of the "cigar stars" both cuban and non from hotel humidors.  A good cigar shop will have a proper humidor so depending on what your climate is like you may need to light em up soon after purchase.  That is, until you build your walk in...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top