Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2002 11:02:17 AM EDT
?
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 11:07:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Jack Booted Thug.  Usually refers to ATF or FBI HRT people or any fed dressed up in "tactical" gear trampling on people's rights.  Especially ATF.  Think Waco.  Think Elian Gonzalez. Think Ruby Ridge. Etc.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 11:11:01 AM EDT
[#2]
JBT  "Jack Booted Thug"

Coined by the NRA's La Pierre in reference to an incident that occurred and resulted in Daddy Bush Sr. ending his lifetime membership in the NRA in protest.
Nobody misses him anyways.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 11:29:22 AM EDT
[#3]
levi, could you please elaborate on this incident ?
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 11:35:52 AM EDT
[#4]
[url]www.angelfire.com/co2/RayThomas/thugs.html[/url]
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 11:39:39 AM EDT
[#5]
JBT = Just Be Tactical! [:D]
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 12:11:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
[url]www.angelfire.com/co2/RayThomas/thugs.html[/url]
View Quote

Thanks to the War on Drugs, which many here support.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 12:12:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
JBT  "Jack Booted Thug"

Coined by the NRA's La Pierre in reference to an incident that occurred and resulted in Daddy Bush Sr. ending his lifetime membership in the NRA in protest.
View Quote

Please elaborate or provide a link.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 12:16:26 PM EDT
[#8]
[url]usgovinfo.about.com/library/news/aa031400b.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 12:19:04 PM EDT
[#9]
The NRA sent out an ad with a picture of a JBT on it as a fund raising promotion.  This was around the same time Liddy said to shoot for the head if Feds are coming through the door because of body armor. Well, both were getting a lot of media play and George Sr. withdrew is lifetime membership during the whole brouhaha.  Sr. was never a friend of the gun owner anyhow.

BTW-  The Donald Scott case is just amazing.  He was attacked purely because different agencies wanted to do an asset seizure of his property and money.  Read all about it here: [url]www.fear.org/scott.html[/url]  Click on the links on the bottom.  Simply amazing.

Who protects us from the protectors?
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 12:31:17 PM EDT
[#10]
"Jack Booted Thug" also known as; The Man, The Po Po, Five-O, The Fuzz, Pigs, Cops, ect.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 12:38:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Jack Booted Thug kicking down someone's door and taking away a family member...
[img]http://www.saveourguns.com/mhv01d_full.jpg[/img]

Jack Booted Thug executing someone's family member...
[img]http://www.english.uiuc.edu/maps/holocaust/essaypics/vinica.jpg[/img]

they're all the same.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 1:09:21 PM EDT
[#12]

Tanks for the link Ratters. That be the one I was thunkin bout but couldn't find.

Link Posted: 10/12/2002 3:59:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Jack Booted Thug kicking down someone's door and taking away a family member...
[url]http://www.saveourguns.com/mhv01d_full.jpg[/url]
View Quote

Yup...and the reason why Bush is now President...think about it for a moment...
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 8:21:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
JBT  "Jack Booted Thug"

View Quote

"Coined by the NRA's La Pierre"

Uh, don't think that's totally accurate.  The term was first used by a democrat.  In a hearing I think.  Will remember his name in a day or two...  LaPierre did use the term in ads and fundraisers.  Believe there was also a full page ad that ran in USA Today around '92 to '94 with pictures of 'em in pajama's toting automatic HK's.  Dingle?  Prompted by Ruby Ridge/Waco.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 9:24:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Taking away a family member!!!!!!?????? Negative. he was being RETURNED to a family member, his natural father!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 10:04:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Non political version.

JBT = Jacketed Boat Tail.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 2:12:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Taking away a family member!!!!!!?????? Negative. he was being RETURNED to a family member, his natural father!!!!!!!!!!
View Quote

Oh, I didn't know that Fidel was his natural father.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 3:16:26 PM EDT
[#18]
No, I don't believe Fidel is his natural father either...Do a little research on the family he was staying with in Fla, and his natural mother also.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 4:46:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
JBT  "Jack Booted Thug"

View Quote

"Coined by the NRA's La Pierre"

Uh, don't think that's totally accurate.  The term was first used by a democrat.  In a hearing I think.  Will remember his name in a day or two...  LaPierre did use the term in ads and fundraisers.  Believe there was also a full page ad that ran in USA Today around '92 to '94 with pictures of 'em in pajama's toting automatic HK's.  Dingle?  Prompted by Ruby Ridge/Waco.
View Quote

That would be John Dingell, Democrat. He called them the ATF a group of "jack booted fascists" that he feared the most to be a danger to Americans,  or words to that effect.

I'll give him credit for that one, but still it was the NRA that "popularized" the term and is now responsible for corrupting just about everyone at AR15. [:)]
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 6:12:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Can someone post a link or the ad that the nra ran that caused all teh stink.  i remember seeing it, but i haven't been able to find it since.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top