BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 10:16:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
MrP, Ross lives down in the Norfolk area so I don't believe he really can't judge the mood of the people up in NoVa.
View Quote

My niece is calling to make sure we are still alive. She is 11 years old and had nightmares that we were killed. She lives in FL. My sister in NJ called and asked us not to go the the grocery store until the sniper is caught.

It's crazy.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 10:28:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, I may be considered a chicken-s_t and it would not bother me a bit.

Nevertheless, I went out for lunch today. Wanted something other than the cold sandwich sold by the cafeteria in my building.

Drove to a local Sutton Place Gourmet. Took one look at the parking lot... near a highway, surrounded by obscure terrain, opted to try elsewhere.

Drove to a local restaurant, pretty much the same. Drove to a local drive through McDonnald's. The line of cars was around the block.

Drove back to work. Got a tuna sandwich.

This sucks.

--LS
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 10:58:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I agree with Hipower
I think the shooter is setting up these hits to coinside with the arrival of a white truck or van.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 11:09:08 AM EDT
[#4]
7 and LS:

I went to the ATM and the SUBWAY today for lunch.  I am thinking I need to bring my binos for lunch trips.  At the ATM....kept moving.  Typed in the entry walked back and forth.  NExt entry, moved the head for some neck exercises.  Kept my profile towards the only location I figure a shot would come in this location.  Double time to car......

Car to Subway.....zigzagged thru the cars.  Not fast, not slow varied the speed.

Not feasible open shots not near a HWY.  So felt better.  Yeah, it's getting to us.  I'm thinking of taking sick time and just driving around the area for a week or so.  Just need a scanner and some Class IIIa body armor.

Ed
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 11:12:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Class III body armor, not IIIA. ClassIII is the lowest that will stop rifle fire.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 11:19:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 11:37:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I agree with Hipower
I think the shooter is setting up these hits to coinside with the arrival of a white truck or van.
View Quote

I would guess most delivery trucks and vans are white.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 11:38:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There's something else here.  The eyewitness reports speak of two individuals in van, not a lone gunman.  There has never been a mass murderer who brought a buddy along for moral suport.  Killers are always loners.
View Quote

Not necessarily.  The "Hillside Strangler" turned out to be two guys.  But that is the only example I have heard of.

--Edited to add that [b]199[/b] has listed some other examples of serial killers acting in concert on page 2 of this thread.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 1:30:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I saw a system, used in LA I think, that triangulates the location of gunfire using several sound senors. I know the area that this guy has been working is very large but it seems that it could be used at high risk areas such as gas stations to ID the shooting location quickly.

Link Posted: 10/14/2002 1:34:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I saw a system, used in LA I think, that triangulates the location of gunfire using several sound senors. I know the area that this guy has been working is very large but it seems that it could be used at high risk areas such as gas stations to ID the shooting location quickly.

View Quote

Phoenix and I think Glendale AZ have sound gear installed to detect gunshots.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 1:45:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Not suprisingly the Israelis already have gear designed for this kind of problem.

[url]http://www.rafael.co.il/web/pages/division.asp?div_ID=2&CatID=73&pageID=72[/url]

AAI also has a neat outfit.
[url]http://www.aaicorp.com/defense/em/pdc.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 1:52:44 PM EDT
[#12]
A professional?! I don't think so! This guy is a LOSER!  [:E] He muffed up 2 of his shots. He can barely hit a 15"x30" target at less than 200 yards! This guy may be a "trained" Islamic terrorist, but only trained in escape, certainly not marksmanship. Even if this guy is an Islamic Terrorist, I'll bet he's a loser that they recruited from jail. He's probably never been able to hold down a job, never had a girlfriend who didn't charge him by the trick and is in a word "expendable". Some concealed carry holder is going to bring him to an ignoble end.
Edited to add: If he showed up at the range, he would be getting laughed at by people who actually know how to shoot. You know, the guy who tells everyone how to shoot and then can't hit the side of a barn if he was shooting from inside it.[pyro]
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 1:54:48 PM EDT
[#13]
CLONE CARLOS HATHCOCK AND SICK HIM ON THIS MD DICK HEAD, THIS ASS CLOWN IS NO PROFESSIONAL, HE IS A SCUMB BAG LOW LIFE, ALMOST ANY BODY COULD MAKE HIS SLOPPY SHOTS.

HERE IS MY ARM CHAIR COMANDO HYPOTHOSYS:

THE FOLLWING IS COMPLEETLY SPECULATIVE.

1) HE IS DOING IT DURING WORK
2) HE HAS AN ACOMPLACE (DRIVER)
3) HE IS SHOOTING FROM THE VAN (MOST TIMES)
4) HE/THEY ARE LEAVING FALSE CLUES
5) HE/THEY ARE TIED TO MIDDLE EASTERN TERRORISTS

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top