Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/11/2002 11:52:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/11/2002 11:55:29 PM EDT by USPC40]
There is a guest host and they're are discussing the MD sniper. It's amazing how many "experts" are calling in with ridiculous info on the AR15 and the .223 round. USPC40 [img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/img] [url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url] [url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url] [img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:52:59 PM EDT
Art Bell is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:53:31 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:55:24 PM EDT
Oh, I saw a halfway good HP Lovecraft-inspired movie tonight, called The Unnameable II, from 1992. Half of it was faithful to the spirit of the mythos, the other half was a cheesy horror movie and monster. But the good half made it worthwhile.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:57:20 PM EDT
Originally Posted By raven: Oh, I saw a halfway good HP Lovecraft-inspired movie tonight, called The Unnameable II, from 1992. Half of it was faithful to the spirit of the mythos, the other half was a cheesy horror movie and monster. But the good half made it worthwhile.
View Quote
Who was in it? A bunch of unknowns right? USPC40 [img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/img] [url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url] [url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url] [img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 12:05:38 AM EDT
There is a new straight to video Lovecraft movie out called Dagon. I haven't seen it yet, but it is supposed to be pretty good.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 12:14:17 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Imbroglio: There is a new straight to video Lovecraft movie out called Dagon. I haven't seen it yet, but it is supposed to be pretty good.
View Quote
I've seen it. Unless you're a big Lovecraft fan, you probably wont like it. That being said, I thought it was pretty good. The whole thing was filmed in Spain and there was only 1 American in the film, and he was British faking an American accent. Did a good job too. The guy that directed this also directed the Reanimator. USPC40 [img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/img] [url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url] [url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url] [img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 12:15:56 AM EDT
I saw Dagon. Again, the movie missed the mark. I couldn't imagine liking it unless you were into HP Lovecraft's fiction. It's worth watching if you are. I get the feeling a lot of low-budget horror movie hacks are cashing in on Lovecraft's reputation and public domain works to put out a lot of utter crap.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 12:18:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/12/2002 12:19:47 AM EDT by raven]
Originally Posted By USPC40:
Originally Posted By raven: Oh, I saw a halfway good HP Lovecraft-inspired movie tonight, called The Unnameable II, from 1992. Half of it was faithful to the spirit of the mythos, the other half was a cheesy horror movie and monster. But the good half made it worthwhile.
View Quote
Who was in it? A bunch of unknowns right? USPC40 [url]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/url] [url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url] [url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url] [url]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/url]
View Quote
Actually, it had John Rhys-Davies, who played "Sallah" in Raiders of the Lost Ark. He was a scholar. The heroes were scholars, which was partially what made it worthwhile.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 12:29:41 AM EDT
Originally Posted By raven: Actually, it had John Rhys-Davies, who played "Sallah" in Raiders of the Lost Ark. He was a scholar. The heroes were scholars, which was partially what made it worthwhile.
View Quote
The guy that played the Professor Maximillian Arturo on Sliders and the dwarf in LOTR: Fellowship of the Rings? Cool! Since it #2, have you seen the first one? USPC40 [img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/img] [url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url] [url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url] [img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 12:37:07 AM EDT
Originally Posted By USPC40:
Originally Posted By raven: Actually, it had John Rhys-Davies, who played "Sallah" in Raiders of the Lost Ark. He was a scholar. The heroes were scholars, which was partially what made it worthwhile.
View Quote
The guy that played the Professor Maximillian Arturo on Sliders and the dwarf in LOTR: Fellowship of the Rings? Cool! Since it #2, have you seen the first one? USPC40 [url]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/url] [url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url] [url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url] [url]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/url]
View Quote
No, I havent seen the first. I only rented it because my video store enters your name for a drawing for every horror movie you rent from now till Halloween. For a DVD player. So I went looking for horror movies I always meant to see (mainly George Romero Zombie flicks). They didn't have any, so I looked for anything Lovecraft-related. Found Unnameable II, had a character named Randolph Carter, thought the title might be a reference to Hastur the Unspeakable, thought it was worth a shot and rented it. Checking out Unnameable I on www.imdb.com, it had nothing to do with Lovecraft at all, just another cheesy horror movie.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 12:52:39 AM EDT
Bell is straight out of ONI. He (like many others) puts out just enough anti-establishment info to draw folks in, then he furthers the anti-freedom agenda when he has a large enough following.
Top Top