BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 7:52:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 7:53:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I knew I had heard the Name Total recall before and that they were tech related, There's a company called Total recall, that does data management.
View Quote

There is a "Total Access" Networking and ISP in West Va. I think.

Link Posted: 10/11/2002 7:54:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This shooting happened at 0930 at I-95 exit 126 in Spotsylvania County, about 5 miles from my house.  A witness said he heard the rifle shot, saw the source was a white Chevy van and saw the van haul ass away from the scene and jump onto I-95 northbound.

I-95, I-395, I-495, I-295 and I-64, and all connecting freeways are CLOSED.  The lawdogs are checking every white Chevy Astro delivery type van.  

Flash message says that there is a logo on the side of the van that says, "Total Recall".  No confirmation yet.

IF any of you guys or your family or friends in VA, NC, MD or the District see this vehicle, ANYWHERE, call the lawmen, especially if you see this scumbag just sitting there quietly doing nothing on a side road...like he's waiting for the heat to die down.

Just heard the man shot died.  [>(]

View Quote

Thought I heard a vehicle matching that description has been stopped......
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 7:56:13 AM EDT
[#4]
MANY vheicles that even approach that description, including white SUVs and all models of white van are being stopped.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 7:57:46 AM EDT
[#5]
You know, come to think of it . . .

I saw my mother-in-law carrying what looked like a long black skinny suit case the other day.  Could it be a  . . . . . RIFLE CASE ! !   And. . . saw her in a . . . . .VAN ! !   A WHITE VAN  ! ! !  WITH BLACK "LETTERING" ON THE SIDE  ! ! ! ! !

Now never you mind that my mother-in-law is 89 years old, and the black lettering on the white van said "Happy Mornings Retirement Community" , and that we live in Ohio, I'm still going to call the FBI/ATF/CIA/NAACP/CNN/KGB/CSB/KFC/IRS/GMC/FMC/
and anybody else I can think of  ! ! ! !

Link Posted: 10/11/2002 8:09:19 AM EDT
[#6]
MSNBC reports that it may in fact read "Total Access".

Good call Satcong!
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 8:10:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I keep getting the feeling this is going to end over the weekend.

I sure hope so.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 8:11:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I keep getting the feeling this is going to end over the weekend.

I sure hope so.
View Quote

Hopefully before 80,000 Redskins and Sanits fans come through the area going to Sundays game at Landover MD.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 8:16:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hope no one from the board is driving in the area with a white van coming back or going to the range...
View Quote

That could turn out to be someones worst nightmare come true.
View Quote

Can you say "anal probe"?[moon]
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 8:19:51 AM EDT
[#10]
DAMMIT!  I wish they'd catch this lunatic!!!

This isn't doing anyone (least of all the poor victims) any good!!! [:(!]

I'm praying they get a break in this case!
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 8:21:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Once they catch this guy for all the murder he's committed I'd say the death penality is in order. I'm in favor of a public execuition all .223 cal rifle owners can attend and shoot this miserable SOB, who's with me?  My prayers go out to the victims God be with them.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 8:32:58 AM EDT
[#12]
This guy is not taking any kind of pause between murders, he cant last much longer, not your typical serial killer.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 8:51:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This guy is not taking any kind of pause between murders, he cant last much longer, not your typical serial killer.
View Quote

Thats why i think its a terrorist.  AL quida or however its spelled.  One would think that a sick a$$, american, deranged, serial killer would wait a couple weeks between killings.  But i guess thats not always the case.  If it is AL Queda we should expect another gunman to take this guys place after he is caught.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 8:54:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You know, come to think of it . . .

I saw my mother-in-law carrying what looked like a long black skinny suit case the other day.  Could it be a  . . . . . RIFLE CASE ! !   And. . . saw her in a . . . . .VAN ! !   A WHITE VAN  ! ! !  WITH BLACK "LETTERING" ON THE SIDE  ! ! ! ! !

Now never you mind that my mother-in-law is 89 years old, and the black lettering on the white van said "Happy Mornings Retirement Community" , and that we live in Ohio, I'm still going to call the FBI/ATF/CIA/NAACP/CNN/KGB/CSB/KFC/IRS/GMC/FMC/
and anybody else I can think of  ! ! ! !

View Quote

dude, is that supposed to be funny?
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 8:54:15 AM EDT
[#15]
What are you talking about. He has gone 2-3 days at a time without shooting someone. Last Thursday was the last time he shot more than one person in a day.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 9:07:14 AM EDT
[#16]
killing 8 people in a little over a week isnt taking too much of a break.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 9:13:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Anybody else wondering if this maniac might be using this white van thing as a cover. There has to be hundreds of white vans on the road and the shooter could be waiting to ambush when a white van shows up in his target area.

Scary!
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 9:13:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Just in:  Maj. Howard Smith (Spotsylvania Co. Sheriff?) just reported:

Officer was right across street when shooting occured.

Victim was a black male.

2 suspects seen in white van (from eye witness accounts?  Unclear).
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 9:14:55 AM EDT
[#19]
On MSNBC the Sheriff said there was 2 people in the van. And it was 50-60 yards away.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 9:17:12 AM EDT
[#20]
damn i can hit a dime at 50 yards, but ive never been called a "sniper"
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 9:25:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Last weekend, we were shooting DIME sized targets at 100yds, in a 20-30mph cross wind...  and I'm far from being a sniper!
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 9:28:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Last weekend, we were shooting DIME sized targets at 100yds, in a 20-30mph cross wind...  and I'm far from being a sniper!
View Quote

That's 'cause you are no good at sneaking around!  [:P]
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 9:29:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Major Smith said that physical evidence was found at the scene and is being analyzed. But he would not go into details.

Interesting.

He also wouldn't answer about the gas station survailance tapes.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 9:31:52 AM EDT
[#24]
THERE WAS A TROOPER THERE! 50yds away!
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 9:37:44 AM EDT
[#25]
A gentleman on Communist Communication Network Just tried to ty the shootings to racism.  Because a lot of the victims are Minorities
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 10:06:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
A gentleman on Communist Communication Network Just tried to ty the shootings to racism.  Because a lot of the victims are Minorities
View Quote

Oh, Lord.... [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 10:17:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
MANY vheicles that even approach that description, including white SUVs and all models of white van are being stopped.
View Quote

Has anybody verified OJ Simpson's whereabouts?
[:D]
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 10:37:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Ahhh... home sweet home.

I'm still surprised someone hasn't seen SOMETHING.  Forget the white van crap.  Theres some jackass out in some busy ass areas(the two places he has shot in Fredericksburg are some VERY busy areas) with a rifle.. how the hell can no one see something?!

My car is about out of gas.. I live a little ways north of Fredericksburg... right off I95.  My town is the exact type of place this guy has been hitting...yippeee.

Its too bad I can't get a carry permit yet.. or I'd spend my free time checking out places around gas stations and such in my town.  No way I'm gonna do that armed with only a cell phone.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 10:46:22 AM EDT
[#29]
If there was a Sheiffs deputy or a Hiway Patrolman across the street from the gas station and he saw the white van with two subjects in it, why did he not go after them?

I mean darn it, if thats as close to the sniper or snipers as anybody in law enforcement has gotten, you let the paramedics worry about the man down AND GO AFTER THE SHOOTERS, And it would be worth tearing the hell out of a Hiway patrol Crown Vic, GET ON I'm and use the radio to call in the rest of the law enforcement world down on these guys and pray to god he does not put one thru your windshield, Thats the nature of the job.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 10:50:30 AM EDT
[#30]
The trooper across the street was working a traffic accident.  He heard the shot, but didn't see anything.  It was other witnesses that repeated the same white van story.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 10:53:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Well that would make more sense
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 10:54:06 AM EDT
[#32]
The Virginia State Trooper did not see a van, but other people did and told him. The State Trooper heard the shot, saw the man fall and rushed to aid him.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 10:54:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Its too bad I can't get a carry permit yet.. or I'd spend my free time checking out places around gas stations and such in my town.  No way I'm gonna do that armed with only a cell phone.
View Quote

Hey, we live in Virginia so I've got two words for you: [b]open carry!![/b]
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 10:55:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Yeah the one roadblock on I96/Beltway ("Mixing Bowl") is just 2 miles from my house!
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 10:55:59 AM EDT
[#35]
But you would think that a trooper with training on many a Rifle range with AR type weapons would at least be able to judge which direction the shot came from.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 10:56:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Do you think they definitely know that this person is not using a Thompson Contender type gun?  It would be easy to hide, but I've heard no mention of it thus far.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 10:59:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Fox reporting shots fired at a Elementary School in Bowie Maryland
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:07:41 AM EDT
[#38]
I wanna be sick, god I hope he did'nt just kill anouther elementary school kid.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:10:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Fox is now reporting that its apparently a false alarm. They got a anonymous shots fired call, but now they have responded they cant find any victims or shooters.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:22:07 AM EDT
[#40]
I heard Snipercountry.com is doing a Limited Edition Group Purchase of white vans...
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:23:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I heard Snipercountry.com is doing a Limited Edition Group Purchase of white vans...
View Quote

[>:/]
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:25:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's completely fucking uncalled for! [pissed]
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:28:12 AM EDT
[#43]
I saw this thread and assumed it was from yesterday... We need to put time and date in topic line....

I just can't stand seeing this news day after day.  I would just die if one of my sons were in Maryland.

I'd love to see this MF setting up somewhere. I'm not sure I'd be able to wait for John Lawman to arrive.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:29:52 AM EDT
[#44]
AR15fan, please delete that.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:32:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I saw this thread and assumed it was from yesterday... We need to put time and date in topic line....
View Quote

Good idea...done.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:32:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

I'm only 20 years old.. thought you had to be 21 to do any carrying.  Even if I could... all I own is my Bushmaster.. not the best choice for carrying in this situation..heh.  I thought about keeping it in the car.. but once the media starting parading AR's all over the TV I figured it would be a bad idea.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:33:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

That's completely fucking uncalled for! [pissed]
View Quote

I'm sorry, but that was funny!

anti, I'll bet you that the sales of bull-barreled bolt-action rifles go through the roof and that the "sniper" counterculture gets even bigger because of all this.  People's heads work in funny ways, that's all I can say.  Choate better ramp up production of its "Ultimate Sniper" stocks!  LOL!

This reminds of "The Jerk"--when the killer picks Navan Johnson out of the phone book and then goes and tries to kill him at the gas station.  

"He hates the cans!  Everyone stay away from the cans!"

Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:35:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not funny.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:37:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Trickshot, you are a worthless POS!
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:39:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Thats what i was thinking.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top