Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2002 9:13:23 PM EDT
Seems to be a little LEO bashing so I tought I'd post this appropiate little piece....... Dear Mr./Mrs. Citizen Well, I guess you have figured me out. I seem to fit neatly into the category you place me in. I'm stereotyped, characterized, standardized, classified, grouped, and always typical. I am the lousy cop. Unfortunately, the reverse isn't true. I can never figure you out. From birth you teach your children that I am a person to beware of. Then, you are shocked when they identify me with my traditional enemy....The criminal. You accuse me of coddling juveniles, until I catch your kid doing something wrong. You take an hour lunch, and several coffee breaks each day, then, point me out as a loafer if you see me have just one cup. You pride yourself on your polished manners, but think nothing of interrupting my meals at noon with your troubles. You raise hell about the guy who cuts you off in traffic, but, let me catch you doing the same thing, and all of a sudden I am picking on you. You know ALL the traffic laws, but, never got one single ticket you deserved. You shout "Abuse of Authority" if you see me driving fast to an emergency call, but raise 9 kinds of hell if I take more than 30 seconds responding to yours. You call it "Part of my job" if someone hits me, but yell "Police brutality" if I strike back. You would never think of telling your dentist how to pull a badly decayed tooth, or your doctor how to take out your appendix, but, you are ALWAYS willing to give me pointers on how to be a police officer. You talk to me in a manner, and use language that would assure a bloody nose from anyone else, but, you expect me to stand there and take your verbal abuse without batting an eye. You cry, "Something has to be done about crime", but you cant be bothered to get involved. You have no use for me what so ever, but of course, it's OK for me to change a tire for your wife, or deliver your baby in the back seat of my patrol car enroute to the hospital, or, save your sons life with CPR and mouth to mouth resuscitation, or even forsake time with MY family working long hours overtime trying to find your lost daughter. So, dear citizen, you stand there on your soapbox and rant and rave about the way I do my job, calling me every name in the book, but, never stop a minute to think that your property, your family, and maybe your life might someday depend on one thing......Me. Respectfully, A Lousy Cop
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 9:33:09 PM EDT
I have to say, while most LEOs I have met are good people, I have met my fair share which are complete dicks. Of course no matter how mean they are to me I keep my cool and try not to aggravate them anymore. I think most of the people on this board who rank on LEOs do so because of the dumb ass laws you guys enforce. Yes, your "Only doing your job", but you chose it. We are also talking about JBTs likes the ATF, who have a track record of making people into criminals, then "taking care" of them. Cops themselves are alright, politicians are the problem.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 9:35:46 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 9:38:37 PM EDT
Dear Mr./Mrs. Lousy Cop, If you don't like what you do for a living, then quit your bitching and get yourself another god damned job.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 9:39:24 PM EDT
Can't say that I've ever run into a policeman that wasn't nice, respectful and professional. That includes the two or three that have given me speeding tickets (well deserved) in my lifetime. I know that not everybody shares my views, or experiences, but I wanted you to know that not everybody bashes the police/fire/rescue workers, either. But just in case nobody else says this today (or tomorrow, or any day after that)... Thanks for being there and doing what you do!
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 9:41:21 PM EDT
The problem is not that all cops are "lousy cops" but the ones that ARE get entirely too damn much exposure for the rest of the department to be treated fairly. I've spent my whole life around cops one way or another (I'm coming full circle now - I'm moving to a new house right in between two cops!) and just about all the ones I've known are decent people. No problem there... Where the problem lies is in the officer who won't use "proper judgement" on the job, acts like a dick ALL THE DAMN TIME, and generally makes an ass of himself. I know there's a lot of training involved, and I do empathise with the simple fact that you see the worst that Humanity has to offer on a daily basis. Considering the work you do and the raw shit you have to put up with, I find that cops are a) underpaid, and b) not given enough pure vacation time to decompress. So my question is this - when there IS a cop acting like a dick ALL THE DAMN TIME, why is it so difficult for him to be dealt with (at least) or canned outright (when necessary?) I know you aren't really considered to be "doing your job" unless you get a citizen complaint against you every now and then, and that actually makes sense to me. But, if you've got a guy who gets 3 or 4 complaints a week, and Infernal Repairs finds that he's exceeding his authority, somehow, he keeps hanging on to his shield. I'm sorry? I just don't get that... Like I said - most cops are decent fellows. Most of them are guys I wouldn't mind having work for me. There are those, tho, that I would have orders cut for a transfer within two hours - if I couldn't get them bounced outright! FFZ
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 9:47:06 PM EDT
I just caught the "coddling juves" line, and let me say this... Those of you in or following the Bay Area remember when the 85 extension opened up. It was a blip on the RADAR when it happened, but there was a kid on his skateboard running around on the freeway at 0240 the night the freeway opened. He was caught by CHP. CHP told him to go home - it takes more than a curfew or a "pedestrian on the freeway" for a cop to take a J in these days. Blame the parents - I'd rather have my kid brought home by a cop - or taken to the Tank - than hit on the freeway. I worked with the guy that hit the kid - he was a driver for Kragen's. The kid came out behind something or another and shot across the freeway just when Our Hero came by. He was later exonerated. The kid's folks tried to sue the CHP for NOT bringing him in, and CHP pointed out the new reg (as I recall, it was less than six months old at the time) that strictly FORBADE them bringing kids in. The irony? These parents were part of the main push FOR the reg in the first place! At least CHP didn't have to settle, and I am glad of that. Yup - you guys work with what you are handed, and I don't begrudge you the job (I don't have the temperament to be a beat cop anyhow - I tend to shoot rather quickly...) I just think it's a damn shame that other people don't seem to realise this as well.... FFZ
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 9:50:01 PM EDT
You would never think of telling your dentist how to pull a badly decayed tooth, or your doctor how to take out your appendix, but, you are ALWAYS willing to give me pointers on how to be a police officer.
View Quote
Yeah you're right ,they went to college for 7 years and then an internship to become what they are.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 9:56:45 PM EDT
Yeah good old Leo6223, pulls more good ones than a cross-eyed dentist.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 10:10:17 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 10:13:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 10:13:24 PM EDT
Read your job discription before you take the job next time. I havn't had an officer give me a fair shake yet. Although I live in a small town and im not "a good ol boy" so I should expect that. I think LEOs are like everything else, most are good but you only hear about the bad ones granted the bad ones are many. Kind of like the 87 million gun owners who didn't shoot anyone yesterday but sure enough you'll hear all about the ten or fifteen that did.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 10:14:41 PM EDT
Well, since you thought you needed to start a new thread with this, I'll go ahead and post my response to your post in this thread, too. Dear Lousy Cop, Well, I guess you have me figured out. As I'm not in the law enforcement business, I must be the "enemy". I'm stereotyped, characterized, standardized, classified, grouped, and always typical. I am the lowly citizen. Unfortunately, the reverse isn't true. I can never figure you out. Ever since I was a small child, I can remember my parents teaching me that if I am in trouble, go to a police officer. I will teach my children the same thing. I wonder, though, what will my children think when they are treated as the "enemy"? You accuse me of bashing cops. But yet, when a cop does something that deserves criticism not only from the public, but from his peers, you jump on the bandwagon to defend him. You speed through red lights just so you don't have to wait with the great unwashed masses. And yet, when I go through a yellow light because somebody is tailgating me at or above the speed limit, you give me a ticket. You pride yourself on knowing the law, but think nothing of it when you break the law yourself. You raise hell about people who break the law, but let me catch you doing the same thing and suddenly I'm bashing you. You know all the laws, but never once made a mistake in charging somebody who didn't deserve it. You joke about "Abuse of Authority", but can't believe that it would ever apply to you. After all, you're infallible. You call it "to be expected" if somebody hits me, but charge me with assault, or worse, if I defend myself. You would never think to tell a citizen that he or she is driving recklessly by accidentally spinning a tire, or by sliding through an icy intersection because the city that employs you decided to wait "until it was necessary to sand the streets", unless you were a cop. Yet, you'll gladly issue a ticket without listening to the circumstances, just because you can. You come into my life, and sometimes my house, and treat me in a way that would assure at least a bloody nose, if you weren't a cop. But, I don't have a choice in taking your abuse, unless I want to be charged with "disorderly conduct". I'd like to do something about crime, but it seems my help isn't wanted. I couldn't possibly understand until I've "felt the weight of the badge". You'd have no use for me whatsoever, if it weren't for the fact that part of my property taxes and sales taxes go toward keeping you in business another day. Beyond that, I'm just another whining citizen who might need your Superman-like powers one day. What a terrible burden I must be to you. So, dear lousy cop, you come here and post this drivel and expect to change opinions. Meanwhile, you're too busy feeling persecuted and self-righteous to understand that many of us do support what you do. But when we happen to question the actions of one of your "brothers", suddenly in your mind we must hate all cops. Have you ever considered that if you would remove the so-called bad apples yourselves, we wouldn't have much to complain about? Respectfully, A lowly citizen.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 10:19:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/10/2002 10:21:47 PM EDT by Boom_Stick]
The problem here isn't whether or not you are a decent cop, or a bad cop. [b]The point is that you will comply with the order to go door to door and confiscate weapons. You will be "doing your job". At that point it woulden't matter if you are a decent cop or not.[/b] [i]That's the issue here.[/i]
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 10:23:06 PM EDT
Originally Posted By leo6223: Seems to be a little LEO bashing so I tought I'd post this appropiate little piece....... Dear Mr./Mrs. Citizen Well, I guess you have figured me out. I seem to fit neatly into the category you place me in. I'm stereotyped, characterized, standardized, classified, grouped, and always typical. I am the lousy cop. Unfortunately, the reverse isn't true. I can never figure you out. From birth you teach your children that I am a person to beware of. Then, you are shocked when they identify me with my traditional enemy....The criminal. You accuse me of coddling juveniles, until I catch your kid doing something wrong. You take an hour lunch, and several coffee breaks each day, then, point me out as a loafer if you see me have just one cup. You pride yourself on your polished manners, but think nothing of interrupting my meals at noon with your troubles. You raise hell about the guy who cuts you off in traffic, but, let me catch you doing the same thing, and all of a sudden I am picking on you. You know ALL the traffic laws, but, never got one single ticket you deserved. You shout "Abuse of Authority" if you see me driving fast to an emergency call, but raise 9 kinds of hell if I take more than 30 seconds responding to yours. You call it "Part of my job" if someone hits me, but yell "Police brutality" if I strike back. You would never think of telling your dentist how to pull a badly decayed tooth, or your doctor how to take out your appendix, but, you are ALWAYS willing to give me pointers on how to be a police officer. You talk to me in a manner, and use language that would assure a bloody nose from anyone else, but, you expect me to stand there and take your verbal abuse without batting an eye. You cry, "Something has to be done about crime", but you cant be bothered to get involved. You have no use for me what so ever, but of course, it's OK for me to change a tire for your wife, or deliver your baby in the back seat of my patrol car enroute to the hospital, or, save your sons life with CPR and mouth to mouth resuscitation, or even forsake time with MY family working long hours overtime trying to find your lost daughter. So, dear citizen, you stand there on your soapbox and rant and rave about the way I do my job, calling me every name in the book, but, never stop a minute to think that your property, your family, and maybe your life might someday depend on one thing......Me. Respectfully, A Lousy Cop
View Quote
Ah,you guys are ok but you do a bit to much fun with people you pull over and ect. I think what most people dislike about cops is base in the idea that the government is out to take all their rights away and it is you that will help them do it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 5:28:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/11/2002 5:31:16 AM EDT by Garand_Shooter]
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 5:45:21 AM EDT
From my side: Cop on probation is drunk on duty. Drunk hits parked car and owner ask's him, what's up? Owner surrounded by 9 cops and gets thrown in jail. Rotten cop is now in jail on federal drug charges but his croonies are collecting pensions. I like the ones who I personally know but don't think much of the others. The rotten cop testified; As I seem to recall!, To the best of my recollection!, If my memory serves me! and so on and so on. Sorry about the rant.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 5:50:12 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Yankee1911: Well, since you thought you needed to start a new thread with this, I'll go ahead and post my response to your post in this thread, too. Dear Lousy Cop, Well, I guess you have me figured out. As I'm not in the law enforcement business, I must be the "enemy". I'm stereotyped, characterized, standardized, classified, grouped, and always typical. I am the lowly citizen. Unfortunately, the reverse isn't true. I can never figure you out. Ever since I was a small child, I can remember my parents teaching me that if I am in trouble, go to a police officer. I will teach my children the same thing. I wonder, though, what will my children think when they are treated as the "enemy"? You accuse me of bashing cops. But yet, when a cop does something that deserves criticism not only from the public, but from his peers, you jump on the bandwagon to defend him. You speed through red lights just so you don't have to wait with the great unwashed masses. And yet, when I go through a yellow light because somebody is tailgating me at or above the speed limit, you give me a ticket. You pride yourself on knowing the law, but think nothing of it when you break the law yourself. You raise hell about people who break the law, but let me catch you doing the same thing and suddenly I'm bashing you. You know all the laws, but never once made a mistake in charging somebody who didn't deserve it. You joke about "Abuse of Authority", but can't believe that it would ever apply to you. After all, you're infallible. You call it "to be expected" if somebody hits me, but charge me with assault, or worse, if I defend myself. You would never think to tell a citizen that he or she is driving recklessly by accidentally spinning a tire, or by sliding through an icy intersection because the city that employs you decided to wait "until it was necessary to sand the streets", unless you were a cop. Yet, you'll gladly issue a ticket without listening to the circumstances, just because you can. You come into my life, and sometimes my house, and treat me in a way that would assure at least a bloody nose, if you weren't a cop. But, I don't have a choice in taking your abuse, unless I want to be charged with "disorderly conduct". I'd like to do something about crime, but it seems my help isn't wanted. I couldn't possibly understand until I've "felt the weight of the badge". You'd have no use for me whatsoever, if it weren't for the fact that part of my property taxes and sales taxes go toward keeping you in business another day. Beyond that, I'm just another whining citizen who might need your Superman-like powers one day. What a terrible burden I must be to you. So, dear lousy cop, you come here and post this drivel and expect to change opinions. Meanwhile, you're too busy feeling persecuted and self-righteous to understand that many of us do support what you do. But when we happen to question the actions of one of your "brothers", suddenly in your mind we must hate all cops. Have you ever considered that if you would remove the so-called bad apples yourselves, we wouldn't have much to complain about? Respectfully, A lowly citizen.
View Quote
Gawdamn. Hit that nail square on the fucking head, Yankee!
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 5:52:12 AM EDT
SSDD, this get's posted every few week's. Give it a rest. [smoke]
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 6:02:14 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 6:03:23 AM EDT
boo fucking hoo if you don't like it, quit, taxman
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 6:10:54 AM EDT
Dear lousy cop, Your line of business is no different than anyone elses. The 80/20 rule applies here, too. 80% of the guys in your line of work try their asses off to do a good job, and 20% ruin it for you. Unfortunatly, the unwritten rules of the game mean that when some clown does something totally out of line, the blue wall of silence goes up and everyone is expected to cover for the actions of the one cop that SHOULD be thrown to the wolves. Years ago, I watched a cop get the holy hell beat out of him and laughed like hell. A couple months later, I jumped into harm's way to protect another cop and kept him from being blindsided. I took a pretty good shot for him up alongside the head in the process. I'd do it again. Reason? First cop brought it on himself by his tough guy approach and lack of sense. He was s sadistic prick that ENJOYED ruining people's lives. He was a 20%er, and a complete coward. I think he joined the force to get even with everyone in the world that had teased him about his little pee-pee or something in the high school locker room. He found out he wasn't as tough as he thought he was pretty quickly. Second cop had a pretty good rapport with the people on the street. He relied on 3 things: common sense, compassion and a sense of humor. He joined the force to HELP people. It showed. In that town, as in most, 80% of the cops were pretty damned good people that did their jobs. Yet, by the rules of the game, they were constantly covering for the 20% of the idiots. If you are a part of the 80% of the under appreciated ones, my hat's off to you and you have my deepest respect. If you're a 20%er, you might try another line of work. Either way, you might try working the system to weed out the 20% because they are ruining your business. Have for years, and will continue to do so until the 80% take a stand and police their own ranks. If you're an 80%er, best of luck.......gfb
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 6:19:42 AM EDT
Dear Leo, You'd better be careful, every time I try to stick up for our profession, I'm acused of having a bad attitude, being in need of therapy, a JBT, you name it, bla,bla, bla.....Your turn to take the heat for awhile!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 6:35:41 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 6:53:17 AM EDT
I think this site is way more supportive of LEO's than you are giving credit for. Every once in a while you will see a particular LEO get bashed.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 6:53:44 AM EDT
I appreciate the cops myself, I've only come accross one cop that I had a problem with...well, maybe 2 One gave me a ticket becasue the guy in front of me was speeding, but that really just made up for the times I was not caught speeding [:d] The other time ealy pissed me off. I was witness to an accident where an ambulance sped thrgouh an intersection WITHOUT A SIREN AND LIGHT ON and casued an accident. Well I seen the whole thing so I stood by as you should, and the cop was the Mr. Badass type. You coudl tell he wanted to give soemone a ticket for it. I told him twice exactly what happened, as did the 2 guys involved, everyone had the same "stroy" and he was trying his damndest to get me to say it was one of their faults. Then he tried to leave my statement in the guys car....WTF!!! I made sure I caught up to him with it gave it to him but have doubts as to if it was turnned in or not. I still wonder what happened to those fellas, I would think the city shouldda payed for it... Anywyas, I've had many a traffic stop and never a problem. They were just doin their job. I appreciate it, hell I wish a cop would move into my neighborhood. I find it hard to beleive that very many cops woudl participate in any gun confiscation, around here anyway. I read that there were some cops in California that refused to go and confiscate guns from people who were made into criminals by their communist laws...
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 7:57:55 AM EDT
Originally Posted By AlphaBobRI: Can't say that I've ever run into a policeman that wasn't nice, respectful and professional. That includes the two or three that have given me speeding tickets (well deserved) in my lifetime. I know that not everybody shares my views, or experiences, but I wanted you to know that not everybody bashes the police/fire/rescue workers, either. But just in case nobody else says this today (or tomorrow, or any day after that)... Thanks for being there and doing what you do!
View Quote
Ditto, amen, and all that...
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 8:15:05 AM EDT
I have seen my share of dirty cops, I have helped get rid of a few, I do my job of keeping Mr./Mrs. Citizen safe. I do have 4+ years of college and academy which counts as at least 6 mos, of college. I work with many other cops that are 6+ years of college, the trend is for education at least 2 years in my area. And several departments require a masters for Lt. And those that bash cops elect the polititions that put the dirty cops in as chief.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 9:24:40 AM EDT
Originally Posted By leo6223: Seems to be a little LEO bashing so I tought I'd post this appropiate little piece....... Dear Mr./Mrs. Citizen Well, I guess you have figured me out. I seem to fit neatly into the category you place me in. I'm stereotyped, characterized, standardized, classified, grouped, and always typical. I am the lousy cop. Unfortunately, the reverse isn't true. I can never figure you out. From birth you teach your children that I am a person to beware of. Then, you are shocked when they identify me with my traditional enemy....The criminal. [snip] Respectfully, A Lousy Cop
View Quote
You picked the job. Quit your fricking crying.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 9:26:36 AM EDT
Originally Posted By TheWind: And those that bash cops elect the polititions that put the dirty cops in as chief.
View Quote
Sure. When a cop acts like a fucking prick, it's the fault of the people who elected the policicians who put dirty cops in as chief? LMFAO Just following orders. Seig Heil.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 10:04:52 AM EDT
NO but decent cops are held back by the system with it heiarchy of patronage. THe bad cops move up and influence the new guys. Anyway you most likely deserved it!
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 10:24:50 AM EDT
At least no one forces *you* to buckle up or you get money extorted from you. You can run red lights and speed whenever the spirit moves you, you are basically a higher class of citizen because of that damn badge. That's the part I dislike about all public servants--the elite mentality that is rampant among cops, judges, lawyers, and politicians. "We are your betters, therefore we have the rigth to ignore the laws we foist upon you whenever it is convenient for us to do so." The state is just organized crime that has a slightly better PR machine.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 10:47:31 AM EDT
I like the honest cops who rat out the dishonest ones.. I like Gary Aldrich and his buddies who took on the Clintons and their crooked buddies I couldnt stand Janet Reno the highest cop in the land...but I sure like Ashcroft (so far) Met decent folks and not so decent ones in every single profession...honest judges dishonest one...same with lawyers doctors guys who wrench on vehicles, nurses, chiropractors, you name it ... I appreciate honest folks...and hope to not have to deal with dishonest ones... Dishonest people with power can do serious damage to peoples lives.. Honest ones can do great good.. Thats my .02 and I will probably getting some change back..
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 12:02:11 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TheWind: NO but decent cops are held back by the system with it heiarchy of patronage. THe bad cops move up and influence the new guys. Anyway you most likely deserved it!
View Quote
deserved what? never been given a ticket.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 2:19:24 AM EDT
You guys are throwing the baby out with the bath water! Hell there are damn sure probably more bad cops(or inept) than good,but the same goes for lawyers,doctors,and yes there are even some good politicians! But don't just bash this guy for fishing for some respect(granted he shouldn't have to) but I'm sure he knows I(we)pay for his services! If you have a problem with the services you do or don't receive then let the appropriate channels know of such bitches! But this guy is just another brother on this board,you have misgivings about lawyers,but you don't slam Eric every time he posts do you? Maybe this lousy officer(by his own ommission) is just an Alright guy also! Lighten a little guys! Bob [:D]
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 2:28:53 AM EDT
a freind of mine said it best.....( thru dealing woth assholes i have become one) in other words ya give what ya get...
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 2:56:52 AM EDT
I love my job. Any cop that doesnt go to work everyday with a positive attitude and fired up about catching bad guys, should quit. Make room for someone who wants to do proative police work. Where else are you gonna be paid to drive fast, shoot guns, get into fights, ect? It's the best job in the world. Been doing it 9 years and every day is a blast.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 3:14:41 AM EDT
Someone needs to go to McDonalds and get them a WHAAAABURGER and some FRENCHCRIES.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 5:51:51 AM EDT
A couple of my local shootin` buddies are cops. Two are Pa. State Police, and one is a Baltimore City cop. You would have a very hard time finding a finer, more freedom oriented group of guys anywhere. However, the entire time I lived in Maryland, I just was amazed at how inept, corrupt, and just plain rotten a lot of the cops down there were. And much of the time, they were just tax collectors, looking for newer sneakier ways of catching people coasting too fast down hills (for example). For the most part, I can honestly say I have very little regard for the Md. cops (state, county and local) I have ever met or dealt with. Stepping across an imaginary line into Pa., I discovered cops here are MUCH more professional, reasonable, and helpful. The Pa. State system is set up a lot like Texas's due to the fact that there are very large areas that are sparsely populated. Often these guys have no backup available for 10 miles or more. They tend to be a lot more likely to give you a warning for that cracked taillight lens than Md., who would issue you a ticket with fine, and then charge you more for the chip they found in your windshield after you were stopped. Pa., as far as I know, still has minimum height and physical fitness requirements, and it is evident when you see one of these guys. In short, if you get pulled over in Pa., and don't try to BS them with crap like "I wasn't speeding" when you know damn well you were doing 78 as you passed him, you will quite often just get talked to. If you were stupid enough to become combative with them, well, you're stupid! The difference between the two states is absolutely astounding. There's nothing more aggravating than being a law abiding citizen, and having some yahoo cop hassle you just to see what he can get on you (like the windshield scenario above). To make matters worse, there are probably 20 times more cops per capita in Md. than Pa.. I often wonder how some of those guys down there in Md. can sleep at night. They must not think that what they sometimes do can cause years of repercussions over stupid, unimportant stuff they find to charge people with.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 6:04:19 AM EDT
I particulary enjoy it when someone posts a comment about LEO's driving their cruisers recklessly. Crashing red lights, rolling through stop signs, speding etc. Yeah right!!!!!!!Lets see, my cruiser not only is marked, but also numbered. Also, my camera is on 24/7, not just when the lights are on. Yes genius, I'm really apt to drive like a maniac with all that scrutiny!!!!!!Get a life and look in the mirror.......
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 6:06:50 AM EDT
Before I'm corrected, I meant "speeding."
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 6:09:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/12/2002 6:18:07 AM EDT by Karl-P-Mann]
Originally Posted By leo6223: Seems to be a little LEO bashing so I tought I'd post this appropiate little piece....... Dear Mr./Mrs. Citizen Well, I guess you have figured me out........ So, dear citizen, you stand there on your soapbox and rant and rave about the way I do my job, calling me every name in the book, but, never stop a minute to think that your property, your family, and maybe your life might someday depend on one thing......Me. Respectfully, A Lousy Cop
View Quote
I was with you up till the last sentence, I, will never depend on you or anyone else to protect me, I'm a gun owner, and a gun carrier. If I ever have to rely on someone like you, with your holier than though attitude, I'll just give up right then and there. And as so many others have already stated, if you don't care for dealing with so many people and their various 'negative' attitudes toward you, perhaps a new occupation is in order. Karl.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 6:21:49 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 6:25:00 AM EDT
Well said Shotar!!!!!! Met you at the range last week. Are you going tomorrow???? Let me know.....
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 6:58:18 AM EDT
I, myself, am pro-cop. They are the reason I don't have bars on my windows, yet. The only loaded gun in the house belongs to my wife. (and do I catch hell for that!) This is the pro-gun BB on the internet. Everybody is safe in their homes, surrounded by their loved ones, and the family too. Getting verbally kicked in the nuts, from behind, is common, and even fair. You could simply remind us that, the first chance you get, we will all be in chainlink cages just below the high tide mark on the beach at Guantanamo Bay. Then we would know you are still one of "Us", or that you are far too dangerous to f*ck with.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 8:04:04 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 8:44:12 AM EDT
I don't know what you're talking about. What is it with this "YOU".. "YOU" ..."YOU" all over the place. What are you trying to say?.... I have never said or done such things. What have you been smoking? At the very least, you need to cut down on the powdered sugar.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 9:15:13 AM EDT
Top Top