Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2002 11:51:16 AM EDT
better not piss off your neighbors...

[url]http://www.pennlive.com/news/patriotnews/index.ssf?/xml/story.ssf/html_standard.xsl?/base/news/1034242227110850.xml[/url]

Report not what it's cracked up to be

BY IRVIN KITTRELL III

Thursday, October 10, 2002
BY IRVIN KITTRELL III
Of The Patriot-News

Michael Servatius watched from his Middletown kitchen window yesterday as police armed with automatic weapons darted through his neighbors' yards.
Try Our Classifieds

Through another window, Servatius, 19, saw what he believed were 20 police cars parked in a lot about two blocks away near Harrisburg International Airport property. Curious, Servatius decided to watch police from the front porch of his home in the 400 block of Grant Street.

"I saw them cutting through yards," Servatius said. "Then they came from everywhere, and they were pointing guns at me. They popped out with A-Ks and shotguns and threw me on the ground and cuffed me."

Servatius' crime? He had set off firecrackers in his back yard, and a neighbor mistook the sound as bullets being fired at a home, said Sgt. Richard Hiester. The neighbor called police, he said.

Servatius was charged with disorderly conduct and will receive a summons in the mail, Hiester said.

The incident began around 3:30 p.m., Hiester said. Servatius said he had four or five old firecrackers he wanted to get rid of. He decided to light them in his back yard, he said.

Police received the call about gunshots being fired at a building, Hiester said. Police also heard the noise but could not determine what it was, he said.

More police units from other municipalities were called to assist Middletown police, Hiester said. Police cruisers were parked at Ann and Grant streets near the Ann Street bridge. Police began to move in.

Courtney Roberts of the 400 block of Hamlin Street was in her home when she saw armed police scurrying through her yard.

"We didn't know what was going on," she said while talking to Servatius. "We thought something had happened at the airport."

Police ordered her and her family to get inside the home, she said. Then she watched as police converged onto Servatius' home.

"All this over some little fireworks," Servatius said. "I was lighting them off during the day, and they think I'm shooting up the place." IRVIN KITTRELL III: 255-8412 or [email protected]
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 11:56:29 AM EDT
[#1]
The new standard opperating procedure.....Don't bother to verify any info you get, just saddle up the swat boys and head on in.  Execute your no knock entry, shoot first and ask questions later.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 12:00:23 PM EDT
[#2]
What the heck has got the LEOs up there so upset? They have no one going around shooting people at random.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 12:00:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Can't you just taste the Payback coming?

[IMG]http://216.40.241.68/contrib/ed/smilegah.gif[/IMG]
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 12:02:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What the heck has got the LEOs up there so upset? They have no one going around shooting people at random.
View Quote

All together now:

Because they can.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 12:08:18 PM EDT
[#5]
The Swat team is armed with AKs?  How does this guy know the weapons are automatics?  Because they are black and have a long magazine sticking out of them?

A word of warning...  Regular people think YOU have a machine gun.  THEY don't know the difference.  It's black, it's got a 'bananna clip', it doesn't look like a cowboy rifle.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 12:09:25 PM EDT
[#6]
LEO's are just way to gun ho on really small stuff, i mean i understand them not wanting to be blamed for not responding to what could be a serious threat.
But on the other hand i am not doing much shooting in my back yard until the sniper is caught, i got these bastards from NJ that moved in on the property next to mine about 2 months ago, they are not gun friendly at all, can't wait till hunting season starts around here, hopefully they will just move away, that's what happened to the last jerk offs that bought that house. They left after one year, they were from NJ also.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 12:10:41 PM EDT
[#7]
They popped out with A-Ks and shotguns and threw me on the ground and cuffed me
View Quote

Since when did Police Tactical Teams start using AK's??

[:D]

medcop
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 12:16:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They popped out with A-Ks and shotguns and threw me on the ground and cuffed me
View Quote

Since when did Police Tactical Teams start using AK's??

[:D]

medcop
View Quote

Hey, whatever it takes to instill fear into the subjects. [BD]
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 12:17:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 12:34:59 PM EDT
[#10]
MP5 and M4 are far more standard than an AK.

If people busted down my door with an AK, I would think it was Palistinians or maybe the Taliban.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 1:55:10 PM EDT
[#11]
More likely the "AK's" in question are MP5's or M16/M4's.  Just like all autopistols are "nines" to certain clueless people.  Although with the way most JBT's act they might as well be carrying MP40's to go with their snappy black uniforms & "Fritz" helmets.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top