Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/10/2002 7:40:25 AM EDT
I invite all AR15.com members at Knob Creek to try the [b]"Range Bomb"[/b], a safe reactive target that simulates an explosion when hit. I'll be giving away free samples in the upper parking lot on Friday and Saturday. Look for a guy wearing an [orange]orange[/orange] tee-shirt printed with the phrase "Have FUN with your GUN!" In the meantime, please visit the [url=www.rangebomb.com]Range Bomb[/url]webpage to see the Range Bomb in action. Please let me know what you think. Thanks. [size=3]See you at the show![/size=3]
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 7:49:21 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 8:04:04 AM EDT
Originally Posted By The_Beer_Slayer: any chance you are coming to the camden shoot? mike
View Quote
Where is the camden shoot? I went to Bulletfest III last summer and that was fun.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 9:02:26 AM EDT
How does the "range bomb" compare with the "tannerite exploding targets" in effect and price? Just curious, since I've shot a few tannerites.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 9:11:30 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 9:40:38 AM EDT
Originally Posted By eshell: How does the "range bomb" compare with the "tannerite exploding targets" in effect and price? Just curious, since I've shot a few tannerites.
View Quote
Tannerite provides a real explosion, i.e. high velocity release of chemical energy. You experience everything that goes with a blasting agent: noise, dust cloud, airblast, etc. The [b]Range Bomb[/b] gives a similar but smaller visual effect only. No release of chemical energy. No noise (other than the sound of the gun) nor flying debris. The [b]Range Bomb[/b] is intended to simulate an explosive reactive target but does not carry the associated risks. Tannerite is advertising a price of $98 per 20 targets or $4.90 each. The introductory price for [b]Range Bomb[/b] targets is $0.99. Although you cannot truly compare the two because one is an explosive and the other isn't, the [b]Range Bomb[/b] can be hit with multiple bullets and perform each time, whereas Tannerite is consumed by one hit. If you calculate the value of the products on a per hit basis, [b]Range Bomb[/b] is a good deal especially for cheap shooters like me.[:)] That's why I am bringing it to market!
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 10:18:39 AM EDT
Looks exactly like shooting a ziplock bag of flour.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 10:44:34 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 7: Looks exactly like shooting a ziplock bag of flour.
View Quote
My thoughts exactly. Perhaps the use of the term "Bomb" is a tad misleading? How about "Super Cookie Dust" or "Imploding Pilsbury Doughboy"?
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 12:14:10 PM EDT
Thanks, TheCommissioner. BTW, add S&H to the tannerite costs listed.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 12:15:51 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SJSAMPLE: How about "Super Cookie Dust" or "Imploding Pilsbury Doughboy"?
View Quote
LOL! Good ideas! I bet their dotcom domain names are still available!
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 5:07:00 PM EDT
BTTT for the evening shift.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 3:17:02 PM EDT
I just got back from the Knob Creek show. Thanks, Commissioner, for my free Range Bomb. This thing looks cool. It was enjoyable meeting you and hearing about this target. I'm going shooting next weekend and will give you feedback at rangebomb.com.
Top Top