BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2002 2:38:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 2:45:19 PM EDT
[#1]
When did an ATF heilo crash?
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 2:47:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Is this for-real? Any news reports of an ATF copter raid being shot down by their own guy? I can't find any on Google.

Probably good advice in any case.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 2:49:52 PM EDT
[#3]
WOw..that was stunning.

I wonder if this ex-agent would be willing to testify in a congressional hearing. Those were some very serious charges he presented. Someone needs to send this to their congressman...Hmmmmmmmm. If you can supply a source from this story...I'll send a copy to mine.

[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 2:58:49 PM EDT
[#4]
after the first one, the rest are free
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 2:59:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 3:00:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm sure there will be some [I] unintended consequences [/i] stemming from this post...
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 3:13:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Hoplite, if you're going to post this type of stuff, at least let people know that you're plagiarizing part of a novel. By not appropriately labeling this as fiction, you're perpetrating a serious misrepresentation. Personally, I think posting it at all is in poor taste, and a bad idea.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 3:21:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 3:23:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Lame.

You make yourself look foolish.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 3:26:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 3:27:57 PM EDT
[#11]
boo hoo

for the amount of talking that goes on about the book around here, one would assume most people would pick up on it right away, and anyone else would be alerted by someone who did get it
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 3:30:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lame.

View Quote

Foolish?  This coming from a guy who has made over 1100 posts and probably complains about the site speed but refuses to help out by paying $60 for a yearly membership.  
Call me what you like your opinion means nothing.
View Quote

Hoplite, you're doing more to damage the perception of gun owners by the general populace than Brady could ever hope to do.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 3:33:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lame.

View Quote

Foolish?  This coming from a guy who has made over 1100 posts and probably complains about the site speed but refuses to help out by paying $60 for a yearly membership.  
View Quote

Hoplite, you're doing more to damage the perception of gun owners by the general populace than Brady could ever hope to do.
View Quote

oh yeah,

when does the Hoplite Bill come up for a vote?
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 3:33:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lame.

View Quote

View Quote

I'm saying this due to it being obvious this is a bogus story.

What does my post count and no money have to do with anything?

So if I paid $60 a year to AR15.com, you would have taken what I said into consideration?

OOOOOOKKKKK! [moon]

Link Posted: 10/9/2002 3:41:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Apparently I didnt read this book, was it  the Turner Diaries or something?
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 3:43:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Apparently I didnt read this book, was it  the Turner Diaries or something?
View Quote

Unintended Consequences
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 4:03:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Obviously fiction but nevertheless the advice in the last paragraph is absolutely excellent. I'll quote my own post from earlier today: "Who are the Sheeple? Who is the frog in the pot?
'I have seen the enemy and he is'...?Us."
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 4:35:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The third raid involved helicopters armed with belt-fed machine guns. Only
one of the agents on that raid was bothered by what he had been ordered to
do, but he was not a man to sit back and do nothing. This man, who was also
new to the Firearms Division, saw only one way to stop the assault on an
American citizen's home. When he told me what he was going to do, I knew it
was suicide and begged him to reconsider. He did what he thought was right.
He used his machine gun on the other helicopters before they reached the
house, then turned the gun on the inside of his own aircraft, shooting it
down also. He knowingly gave his life for what he believed in: Freedom.
View Quote

That right there should have set off the fiction alrms for whoever reads this. A federal agent wouldn't risk his job refusing orders that violated civil liberties of gun owners, much less give his life for them.  The day that happens, I'll eat my hat.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 4:58:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 5:13:49 PM EDT
[#20]
excellent post Hop.

You beat me too it. Just finished UC a few days ago. Wanted to post that very passage.

For those that didn't read it.........quit whinin and read!!!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 5:15:38 PM EDT
[#21]
I'd rather pry my eye balls out with a grapefruit spoon, than read that piece of trash.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 5:22:32 PM EDT
[#22]
I'd like to see that.......have someone post a pic   [:D]
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 5:27:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Now he edits his post to reflect it was an excerpt from a book. [:P]

I think this except stinks to be honest.

The guy goes from a deskjob to a M16 packing gov thug riding in on helicopters breaking into peoples homes with false papers!? [whacko]

Then in the final few paragraphs, when the guy is sounding off on how he feels about people like us, he totally contridicts himself by saying people like us, the vocal "gun nuts",
let our leaders pass restrictions on firearms, when it's the anti's who let this happen.

WTF?  
Am I reading this incorrectly?
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 5:30:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'd rather pry my eye balls out with a grapefruit spoon, than read that piece of trash.
View Quote

If you haven't read it, how do you know it's trash?

USPC40

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 5:35:33 PM EDT
[#25]
he probably heard it advocates violence, and violence never solves anything............
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 5:37:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lame.

View Quote

View Quote

If that's the best you can come up with, you're in pretty bad shape.

I have 4 times the posts you have yet choose not to contribute to this site for certain reasons. Does that mean my opinions have no merit?

You remind me of the guys who insist only landowners should have the right to vote.

Give me a break.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 5:39:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 5:43:35 PM EDT
[#28]
very true,
but if you are really a lover of guns, history and fiction...........its a must read.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 5:47:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 5:52:15 PM EDT
[#30]
hehe,
mine gets loaned out tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 6:01:26 PM EDT
[#31]
I just hope that we don't see a press confrence in a couple of days, when their going though the Dead or Captured Tarot Snipers effects, Where the Guy from the FBI holds up a deck of Tarot Cards in one hand and a copy of Unintended Consquences in the other.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 6:33:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Without the support of the general public it's a lost caused. I will admit there was one exception to this in history. Anyone know what that event was?
View Quote

The Bonus Marchers. [url]http://www.worldwar1.com/dbc/bonusm.htm[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top