Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2002 1:38:26 PM EDT
Can't do a search right now. Anyone know who made it? Is it a good shooter or just collector? Would you buy it if it had a bunch of wolf run thru it? Thanks, Cretescreeder
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 1:41:20 PM EDT
Rock River Great shooter [b]and[/b] collector Wolf..? [>Q]
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 1:56:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/9/2002 2:45:41 PM EDT by cretescreeder]
Thanks ANTI, appreciate the response!
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 1:59:18 PM EDT
They are certainly worth taking a look at if one is available, the first LEGP is a sweet AR. The Wolf issue is very controversial, I don't shoot it myself. However if the weapon has been properly maintained, it would not stop me from buying one. I would buy it and clean it very well and from then on I would only shoot quality ammo through it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 2:38:01 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 2:39:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By cretescreeder: Can't do a search right now. Anyone know who made it? Is it a good shooter or just collector? Would you buy it if it had a bunch of wolf run thru it? Thanks, Cretescreeder
View Quote
Can't comment on how well it shoots, but I wouldn't let wolf ammo scare you away if that is the only thing between buying it or not. I've ran through quite a bit of wolf in full auto and haven't had any problems to speak of. It does seem to get the chamber a little dirtier than brass cased ammo but you just give it a little extra cleaning.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 2:59:23 PM EDT
I like the fact that it's RR, that's what I have decided to get. The LEGP is also in the config that I want. The deciding factor will be price of a new one vs the price offered on the LEGP, (with goodies) This will be my first ar so the collector factor doesn't come into play, I want a shooter. I have read enough about wolf around here in the last two years that I probably won't use it. The pics I have on the LEGP shows to have very little ware so I guess it comes down to price. Thanks!! cretescreeder
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 3:05:08 PM EDT
From the original LEGP Spec sheet. We can't get anymore since the mfgr became very unreliable in responding to inquiries to our orders & production was very slow. Rifle Specifications: Upper Receiver:Forged 7075T6, 'A3' flat-top configuration Lower Receiver:Forged 7075T6, Includes laser engraved Ltd Edition AR15.COM numbers Safety Switch:New Star Safety – cam action, smooth, fast, yet positive Takedown pins: Milspec pushpins front and rear for easy, no tool takedown Front sight:Forged steel with optional side sling adapter Rear sight:Flat top upper receiver - use optics or detachable A3 handle Barrel:Lightweight 4140 chromoly M4 profile barrel with BATF approved A2 Birdcage flash suppressor look-alike press fit onto 16" barrel. Recessed and protected crown Rifling:Right hand twist, 1 turn in 9" Caliber:.223 Rem/5.56mm Nato Handguards:Oversized M4 profile, double heat shields Finish:Mil. spec. Manganese phosphate finish. Non reflective mil. spec. hard anodize. Stock:Rock River tele-stock A2 length and BATF approved for post ban weapons Grip:Premium aftermarket Hogue Buffer assembly:Full length buffer Magazine:Postban 10 round magazine, teflon coated Overall length: 34.5" Weight w/out handle: 6.6 lbs approx. Warranty:1 year from the manufacturer Original price during LEGP sale was $660.00 delivered
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 3:06:53 PM EDT
There is a review of a DPMS model with very similiar specs in American Rifleman last month.
Top Top