Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2002 8:57:55 AM EDT
With the gov importance put on snitching now adays..........I came up with a question and I'm not sure of the answer.

A friend of mine was travelling out of town with her kids the other day. She was pulled over for a possible drinking and driving violation. When she asked the cop why she was being pulled over, he responded that they got a call that someone saw her drinking and driving.
She obviously wasn't and there was no booz in the car so they let her go.
My question is..........if someone makes a tip call that you are doing something illegal and your not,.........can you pursue legal action against the tipster? I would think that law enforcement would have to get personal info on the tipster before they could take any action on the tip...........or am I being too logical.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 9:24:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Call Tony Soprano.  He'll take care of the tipster.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 9:25:52 AM EDT
[#2]
LEOs dont WANT to know who the tipster is for this very reason.

You CAN sue them if you can find them.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 10:05:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Hmmmm........so.......lets see........you can call in anonymous tips because LE doesn't want to know who you are.........they will act on these tips without verifying the accuracy...............this could be fun.................don't you think.......

pardon me........but I just saw a man in a red "input anti gun politician" vehicle....lic no..xxxxxxx........with a beer in one hand and pointing a hand gun at people as he's driving down the road............

I would think that after a few of these calls..........they would start to verify the callers ID........don't you think?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top