Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/29/2013 2:10:46 PM EDT
As a connoisseur of fine olives, I finally allowed my wife to talk me into going to the Olive Garden.   Never being there before, I wasn't sure what to expect.  I anticipated a large selection of olive dishes available, perhaps as main dishes or maybe appetizers.  Such items like garlic stuffed green olives, bleu cheese stuffed olives, you get the idea.   Well I'm looking at the menu and I can't find any type of olives listed.  Frustrated, I finally called over the nice waitress that was working my table and asked her if there was a separate menu for the olives or was I just overlooking them?  She looked at me funny and said , "sir , we don't serve olives!"   I looked at her in shock and disgust and without thinking loudly blurted out, " Are you shitting me?? That's like going to Fultano's Pizza parlor and being told sir we don't sell pizza!!"    She looked at me with this look of disgust that I just blurted out what I said. I turned to my wife who was also giving me the stink eye and noticed that other patrons around me had stopped what they were doing and turned to see who just said that.  It got very quiet and finally the waitress said, "sir, I can go ask the cook if he could put some of the black olives we use on our pizza on a plate and serve them to you." I told her no don't worry about it. I just can't believe that a business with the name of Olive Garden wouldn't serve some damn fancy stuffed olives.  How stupid.   My wife just shook her head and with a funny grin said "I can't take you anywhere".   Guess I don't get out much. So I stopped off at the Safeway deli on the way home and got me some garlic stuffed olives and took them home and enjoyed them with a nice cold can of Milwaukees Best!
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:11:22 PM EDT
[#1]
FBHO.
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:12:11 PM EDT
[#2]
But when you're there, you're family!
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:12:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Awaited the punch line, simply found insanity...
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:13:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't go to Chili's then.

Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:15:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Awaited the punch line, simply found insanity...

There is no punch line , I'm simply saying that I was shocked to learn that the Olive Garden doesn't sell olives
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:15:52 PM EDT
[#6]
OP's next disappointment?

BJs
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:17:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Forget Bone Fish as well
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:18:12 PM EDT
[#8]
So, what do you think of In-N-Out Burger?

Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:18:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Don't go to Chili's then.

Uh............Chili's DOES serve Chili, always has.
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:18:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
As a connoisseur of fine olives, I finally allowed my wife to talk me into going to the Olive Garden.   Never being there before, I wasn't sure what to expect.  I anticipated a large selection of olive dishes available, perhaps as main dishes or maybe appetizers.  Such items like garlic stuffed green olives, bleu cheese stuffed olives, you get the idea.   Well I'm looking at the menu and I can't find any type of olives listed.  Frustrated, I finally called over the nice waitress that was working my table and asked her if there was a separate menu for the olives or was I just overlooking them?  She looked at me funny and said , "sir , we don't serve olives!"   I looked at her in shock and disgust and without thinking loudly blurted out, " Are you shitting me?? That's like going to Fultano's Pizza parlor and being told sir we don't sell pizza!!"    She looked at me with this look of disgust that I just blurted out what I said. I turned to my wife who was also giving me the stink eye and noticed that other patrons around me had stopped what they were doing and turned to see who just said that.  It got very quiet and finally the waitress said, "sir, I can go ask the cook if he could put some of the black olives we use on our pizza on a plate and serve them to you." I told her no don't worry about it. I just can't believe that a business with the name of Olive Garden wouldn't serve some damn fancy stuffed olives.  How stupid.   My wife just shook her head and with a funny grin said "I can't take you anywhere".   Guess I don't get out much. So I stopped off at the Safeway deli on the way home and got me some garlic stuffed olives and took them home and enjoyed them with a nice cold can of Milwaukees Best!

Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:20:20 PM EDT
[#11]
well then
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:20:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

BJs

Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:20:47 PM EDT
[#13]
They don't serve panda at Panda Express.
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:21:00 PM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:21:28 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:22:16 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

They call it 'beef' to keep the PETA types away.

Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:22:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Stay classy.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:23:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:23:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yeah, I'm with bonnevillain on this one.
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:24:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:25:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

BJs

Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:26:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

BJs

There food sux anyway

Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:26:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Oh, you're that guy.......

Now tell the truth, just how drunk were you?
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:26:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:27:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Wow.
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:27:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:27:40 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Were you disappointed walking into Dick's too?

Now you went and ruined the surprise.

Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:28:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Are you the same guy who went to Hooters because you love owls?
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:28:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Guess you'd really be disappointed at Dicks last resort.

Dammit.....too slow
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:28:52 PM EDT
[#30]
You'll never see a mob hit at the Olive Garden.
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:29:01 PM EDT
[#31]
You'll be in for a disappointment at Buffalo Wild Wings.

Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:29:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Were you disappointed walking into Dick's too?

Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:29:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Anyone there speak Italian?

Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:29:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stay classy.  

If he was classy, he would not be seen dead in an Olive Garden in the first place.
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:30:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

BJs

This is why I love GD... So much mockery, so little free time to catch it all...
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:30:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Op has a point; most Italian restaurants would at least have some kinda marinated and/or stuffed olives for salads and whatnot.

AFAIK, Olive Garden only has canned black olives that they use in their house salad That is pretty lame, but, it is just Olive Garden

Speed
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:30:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

WTF??!!
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:31:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Yeah but how bout them bread sticks eh? MMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm Boy!

Olive Garden sucks? In other news, Water is wet!

Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:31:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Lamest thread, ever.
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:31:39 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF??!!

It's true

Endangered species and all that.

Speed

Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:34:07 PM EDT
[#41]
This why I married an Italian. When I want Italian I eat Italian.
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:36:05 PM EDT
[#42]
You probably should stay out of fancy restaurants.
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:36:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

BJs

Lol
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:37:02 PM EDT
[#44]
I like fancy olives

Antipasto too.

Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:37:18 PM EDT
[#45]
I hate to break it to you but Best Buy usually isn't the best buy.
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:37:50 PM EDT
[#46]
OP wanted this:

So he went to Olive Garden.

You live and learn...
Speed

Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:38:31 PM EDT
[#47]
I love eating at the olive garden.

As long as it is an all you can eat.
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:39:11 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Lamest thread, ever.

But you posted in it.

Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:40:18 PM EDT
[#49]
I waited table at Olive Garden in college.  The food isn't bad, but I still can't eat there.

And the OP was being a bit of a tard.
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:40:31 PM EDT
[#50]
I hope you enjoyed the spit.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top