Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 3:00:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I was watching Ashleigh Banfield last night  and a reporter was on there talking about the kill range of an AR-15/M16. He had flags  at 100 yd increments set out to 600 yds and was making claims about deadliness out to that distance. I guess our boys in Afghan would love to have that round.

They also showed someone with an AR just lettin loose with some rounds....The deadly assault rifle....Deadly propaganda
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 3:01:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think 730 yards is right either. Even when watching the news clips, it looks alot closer. Around 150-200 yds.
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 3:15:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Perhaps 730 [i]feet[/i] was what they ment to say?
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 9:24:39 AM EDT
[#4]
"A sniper saves lives by judicially taking out a few select targets and possibly saving the hundreds who would have been killed in a major assault."'

hee hee, no offense but I just gotta comment...I think what was meant is "judiciously"....

I think lawyers are the ones who take out targets judicially.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 10:12:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
AR'S ARE NOT IN DANGER

If they determine that the weapon was an AR, chances are that they will NOT be able to ban it. The reason is that any rifle of any caliber could have did the same thing. They would have to ban every single rifle in existence.

But if there was a "Heat" style shootout involving an AR, then it may be in danger.

SYMPATHY GOES OUT TO ALL FRIENDS AND FAMILY OF VICTIMS.
View Quote

AR's are [i]always[/i] in danger.  They look evil, and are easy targets for the antigunners.  Doesn't matter if the guy used an NEF Handi-Rifle, 50 year old bolt-action or a Contender.  An AR is what the anti's will hold over their heads as they dance on the graves of the victims.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 11:50:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Anybody ever hear of a brass catcher? They only cost around 39.95. They did find (a)brass around 150 yds. from school shooting though.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top