Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/6/2002 4:48:56 PM EDT
I was wondering where the moon would be and how bright it would be on opening day of the great state of Kentucky's black powder deer season. So I did some web searching and came across this great resourse from the Navy. [url]http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/RS_OneDay.html[/url] It is very cool. Check out the data below on the info I put into it. ========================================== U.S. Naval Observatory Astronomical Applications Department Sun and Moon Data for One Day The following information is provided for Greensburg, Green County, Kentucky (longitude W85.5, latitude N37.3): Saturday 26 October 2002 Central Daylight Time SUN Begin civil twilight 6:34 a.m. Sunrise 7:01 a.m. Sun transit 12:26 p.m. Sunset 5:51 p.m. End civil twilight 6:18 p.m. MOON Moonrise 8:42 p.m. on preceding day Moon transit 4:19 a.m. Moonset 12:00 noon Moonrise 9:31 p.m. Moonset 12:55 p.m. on following day Phase of the Moon on 26 October: waning gibbous with 75% of the Moon's visible disk illuminated. Last quarter Moon on 28 October 2002 at 11:28 p.m. Central Standard Time. ==================================== This told me that the sun will start to rise at 6:34, and I should be in my stand before then, and that the moon will zenith at 4:19 AM providing 75% illumination, depending on cloud cover, while I am walking to my stand. I though all this was damn cool and I bet you might come up with an application for it as well. Enjoy, Bob
Top Top