Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/5/2002 10:31:40 PM EDT
The first shot was through the window of a Michael's store. No one was injured. Then the 5 people were killed. Then the DC guy. Then the lady was shot and survived. I noticed last night that the store she was parked in front of was a Michael's store as well... Is there a link ? I have not heard anyone make this connection in the news. Mere coincidence ?
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 10:45:22 PM EDT
I heard the Michaels link earlier this PM. Don't remember what news agency. What link I haven't heard is that the weekend preceding the shootings the DC area was infested with thousands of violent protestors, 650+ jailed. These are the same organizations that tore up Seattle last year and rioted in several European cities. I think that they shot someone in Italy. This is over the World Bank And IMF conferences. My question is - has the media even mentioned these scumbags, or does it hit too close to home?
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 9:43:26 PM EDT
I havent heard anything about the protesters either...
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 9:49:17 PM EDT
I mentioned the Michaels angle last night. But I not exactly a news agency..... I have a nagging feeling this may be linked to the ATM robbery a few years back in the parking lot. Armored car guard was servicing an ATM, and was shot from ambush by a sniper hiding in the bed of a pick-up with camper top. Another person runs up to the dead guard, yells "SOMEONE DIAL 911!!", then calmly picks up the money bag, gets in the truck and drives away. IIRC, the sniper used a 5.56MM weapon..... Scott
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 9:50:36 PM EDT
BTW, are the Michaels in other places arts&crafts places? Like a chain? Or are they somethign else in MD/NoVa? Scott
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 9:53:17 PM EDT
We have Michaels out here on the west coast.
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 9:57:51 PM EDT
Originally Posted By USMC_LB: I havent heard anything about the protesters either...
View Quote
The protest was a bust from what I heard. Nowhere near the numbers attended to protest as the Seattle or European meetings. I don't think those people are the type that would use any sort of firearm, since the more dedicated are anti-gun and anti meat to begin with. I do however think there's a coincidence between their low turn out and the beginning of classes at a lot of colleges and universities.
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 10:10:55 PM EDT
Did anyone notice that the first shooting was across the street from a police station? It seems ironic and stupid to me that in the backlash from this all, they may push harder to ban guns and "allow the police to protect you".
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 10:21:00 PM EDT
Originally Posted By talbalos:
Originally Posted By USMC_LB: I havent heard anything about the protesters either...
View Quote
The protest was a bust from what I heard. Nowhere near the numbers attended to protest as the Seattle or European meetings. I don't think those people are the type that would use any sort of firearm, since the more dedicated are anti-gun and anti meat to begin with. I do however think there's a coincidence between their low turn out and the beginning of classes at a lot of colleges and universities.
View Quote
Common misconseption. Most of the "anti-meat" crackpots are only interested in protecting animals. They have [b]NO[/b] regard for your health and safety. (Case in point, the human nutritional needs are best met by a omnivorous diet, with [b]MOSTLY MEAT[/b]. Vegetarians, vegans, and the people who only eat stuff that doesn't cast a shadow are missing key nutrients, unless they supplement their diet with alternative sources..... Scott
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 11:59:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DScottHewitt:
Originally Posted By talbalos:
View Quote
View Quote
Common misconseption. Most of the "anti-meat" crackpots are only interested in protecting animals. They have [b]NO[/b] regard for your health and safety. (Case in point, the human nutritional needs are best met by a omnivorous diet, with [b]MOSTLY MEAT[/b]. Vegetarians, vegans, and the people who only eat stuff that doesn't cast a shadow are missing key nutrients, unless they supplement their diet with alternative sources..... Scott
View Quote
I meant to say that many of the protesters were vegetarians, not PETA. There doesn't appear to be a connection between the random victims and the "ethical treatment" of animals... ...unless all the victims were wearing fur or leather....Hmmmm. Shoes? were they all wearing shoes leather shoes?
Top Top