Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2002 11:59:51 AM EDT
With recent events, and the various news "services" pimping their version of events, why is ANYONE here suprised at the absolute lack of factual evidence?

It's called "News Programming" for a reason. It is not to give you info, it's to break up the slots between commercials. So if they can make an event seem more saleable- (entertaining)- to the viewers, and in gaining more of the viewers, they can charge more for their commercial slots .

As to emailing in corrections, calling reporters on incorrect info, etc, I say "do so, but expect no change".

Consider their reaction upon seeing a bunch of emails, or letters regarding the irresponsible demonization of AR-15's;
"Well, these are just a bunch of redneck gun nuts. I talked to a FBI EXPERT. Who do THEY think they are!?"

Sorry to say, anytime there is a situation like this, expect the news ghouls to crawl out and profit from it.

Meplat-

Link Posted: 10/5/2002 12:03:12 PM EDT
[#1]
your right
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 12:15:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
With recent events, and the various news "services" pimping their version of events, why is ANYONE here suprised at the absolute lack of factual evidence?

It's called "News Programming" for a reason. It is not to give you info, it's to break up the slots between commercials.

View Quote

That's pretty much it in a nutshell.Well said.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 12:24:39 PM EDT
[#3]
You know I live on the west coast in the state of Oregon, in a fairly liberal area, which is the Portland metro area, and nothing on the news has been said about an AR15 being the weapon of choice that this particualar assassin is using!

The only thing the news out here is saying is that the caliber of the bullet is a high power .223 rifle round, nothing more and nothing less.

On another note about the Maryland issue, which I can guess you are talking about, is that I am sure the FBI has come up with some sort of profile or something you know the usual white male, between the ages of 20-40 bla bla bla stuff, but I have been wondering if this could be a terrorist attack! let me explain.

The terrorists are fully capable of operating on there own, they do not need specific orders to carry out there deeds, according to there religous beliefs when they commit to jihad, then that is all it takes, they do not need marching orders to carry out a deed from some higher up official!

This same instance that is happening on the East coast with someone going around snipeing people is a scenario that has been warned about ending up happening in the United States carried out by terrorists because of information that was obtained from videos captured over in afghanistan. I personally posted an article about this awhile ago. Due a search you will find the thread I posted!

I find it interesting that our government and also the news media is not even mentioning this issue, or even the remote possibility that this could be a terrorist doing these things!

This could be some nut going around just doing some random shooting, but it could also be a terrorist attack that is going on also and the government and news media dont even want to touch that side of it.

These islamic extremeists operate and function militarily totally different then what we as americans can even bring ourselves to recognize!

We should be taking lessons from Israel concerning how terrorists operate and think, because I can bet that we will see more and more instances were one islamic extremist person is acting alone, and our wonderful government will call the incident an "Isolated" incendent just like the LAX shooting on July 4 th of this year, but then again you can only have so many "Isolated" incedents before you finally pull your head of your behind and wake up and see that what americans and what the american government considers a terrorists act, is really not the proper definition of a terrorist act! According to the American government you have to recieve your orders from somone, and you must be part of a group that is labeled a terrorist group, and function in a group, not on your own, to be considered a terrorist act! I say Horse puky!

Americans and the American government need to wake up, We are at war with a group of people that are driven by a hard core religous belief to totally take us out, and they will do it as a group if they have to, or they will do it one person at a time! They dont need orders from a higher up official, they have the Koran, and they have Jihad, that is all it takes, nothing more and nothing less!

Wake up America, Wake up!

Link Posted: 10/5/2002 12:37:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Just about every news article that I see concering guns is either inaccurate or out right wrong.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top