Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2002 6:49:48 AM EDT

[b]"We implore him to surrender, stop this madness."[/b]
From:[url=http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2002-10-05-dc-on-alert_x.htm]D.C. on alert as sniper roams free[/url].

What will this accomplish other than to make the police look like sniveling, impotent Nancies begging the badman to [i]PLEASE[/i] stop?

Link Posted: 10/5/2002 6:58:22 AM EDT
[#1]
C'mon, he got a headline, didn't he?
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 7:00:55 AM EDT
[#2]
It will make the general populace feel better that the bad persons are being 'admonished' and shows that the police are actively doing something.
The bad persons are probably on their way to turn themselves in after hearing this.

On a positive note, the Chief isn't running around yelling that the sky is falling or feeding a media frenzy.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 7:01:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 7:15:54 AM EDT
[#4]
"Stop!  Or I'll say stop again!"
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 7:28:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Remember the DC area has no guns.  
I Can't see how so many could be shot and there are no witnesses.   All were shot with a single shot?  
Obviously there is someone out there with a screw loose.
I pray that the perp screws up and gets caught soon.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 8:01:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What will this accomplish other than to make the police look like sniveling, impotent Nancies begging the badman to [i]PLEASE[/i] stop?
View Quote

Abolutely nothing. Entirely normal to not get anywhere when there appear to be no leads. However, for this, he should be fired.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 8:08:45 AM EDT
[#7]
...he forgot to say "Simon Says"...
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 8:19:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top