Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2002 2:47:05 PM EDT
 I have read alot of threads lately regarding the "upcoming ban on all assault rifles/ ar-15's". I personally think that most of this is either hyped by media or just airtime that fell on gullible ears. My question is " Do you think that these guns will be outlawed, and if so...when ?"
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 2:51:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
 I have read alot of threads lately regarding the "upcoming ban on all assault rifles/ ar-15's". I personally think that most of this is either hyped by media or just airtime that fell on gullible ears. My question is " Do you think that these guns will be outlawed, and if so...when ?"
View Quote

As soon as all 50 states require registration of AW's. At that point they'll have names and addresses to issue warrants for confiscation.
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 2:54:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 2:55:30 PM EDT
[#3]

It is the goal of the anti's to ban all guns. Assault rifles will be just one of the steps on the way there.

S-I
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 3:01:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought they were already banned.  We've been fortunate enough in the past that those who wrote the laws didn't know about firearms to see the obvious loopholes in their wording.  I don't think they'll make that mistake again.  

I do not believe the intent of the Crime bill was to ban bayonet lugs.
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 3:08:08 PM EDT
[#5]
There have been a lot of alarmist posts here, saying the FBI is saying the weapon had to be an AR-15, and the like. The press conferences I saw, they had several .223 weapons laid out, including at least one bolt gun. The thing is, at what point is your individual "frog" going to "boil"?

Scott

Link Posted: 10/4/2002 3:08:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I thought they were already banned.  We've been fortunate enough in the past that those who wrote the laws didn't know about firearms to see the obvious loopholes in their wording.  I don't think they'll make that mistake again.  

I do not believe the intent of the Crime bill was to ban bayonet lugs.
View Quote

Quite true. But until the politicos stop beating around the bush and say flat out that this gun is banned in all it's configurations instead of making technical bannings (flash hiders, bayo lugs, etc.) there will be people who will find a way around it and sell us our precious weapons.

S-I
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top